It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did the ancients save sperm for later use?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 12:39 PM
link   
I would like to present this topic for discussion.

Is there any evidence for or against the ancients, more specifically ancient Gods or even the Gods of todayever perserving their man juice for several generations for later use?

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 12:42 PM
link   
why in the world would you want to know that

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by therlloy

Well think about it. What if somebody who had great power stored their sperm for future generations.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by 12.21.12

"the Gods of today"?...

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by platipus

yeah.
Like the Royal Family.
Or the Roman Catholics.
Popes.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Its not that daft a question.

I cant answer it, but the question doesnt seem all that silly.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Hey 21-12,
Can't offer any help really, just wanted to say I read an AWFUL lot as am researching for a book as you may recall and amongst all my forays into accounts of ETs and UFOs in the ancient times, not once has anything in any text been mentioned to suggest that. It's possible they could and would have done so though - if they had the ability to create modern man I'm sure they'd have some technique for freezing their sperm for millenia...

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 04:48 PM
link   
It's called stasis.

When you can give birth to millions or billions at a time, you have to stasis them.

It's also a natural form of childbirth control.

Ordinary man doesn't have to worry about this.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by dzonatas

So are you talking about humans being born in a chamber full of fluid like say in a underground base?

Why millions or billions at a time?

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 08:22 PM
link   
More like skin rather than an "underground base".

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 12:33 PM
link   

So is this similar to the birthing proccess of a colony of ants?

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 01:39 PM
link   

That would be a psychological way to look at it if the colony is all drones, yet it would be a mistake to look at it that way literally.

Think of the womb as a galaxy instead of ordinary ovulation. If you take this concept far enough, then ordinary genitalia is more like clothes one wears, yet that is said lightly just to convey the idea further. It would be dangerous to allow too many to be born at one time, so some system to throttle to a more natural flow is needed. This is where stasis happens and the continual search for methods to improve the natural birth.

I think a good way to research it more is to wonder how baby skin is always like new no matter the condition of the mother. There is obviously a separate origin to those cells and resources that neither the father nor mother provide directly. No matter how many generations pass, there is always that youth being carried forth. I think some mistake this phenomena as a fountain of youth and become too distracted by that to look beyond.

Good luck

[edit on 12-10-2009 by dzonatas]

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Can you provide any links?

Stasis was a very interesting answer, just not sure if I understand it fully.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Why save sperm when you can preserve yourself for later use?

Mummification is one of the only ways that we know of to keep the DNA intact after death. Cryogenics/statis damages the DNA. Burial damages the DNA. However, mummification allows for reliable cloning, if one possessed the technology to clone a human.

To the ego-maniacal, preservation of self would be far more important than the preservation of one's offspring in the form of sperm. Only those who do not have the means to preserve themselves find one's offspring to be the next viable alternative.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by fraterormus

That is another entertaining observation.

Theoretically, with the rise of cloning technology this could be done. There also lies the possiblity of modifying or altering DNA.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by 12.21.12

Can you provide any links?

Most ancient knowledge can't be found on the Internet(IPv4), which is mainly controlled by Doctors and Military. That's one thing I found with wikipedia is that some make sure ancient knowledge can't be found there.

Maybe when IPv6 is more common then such knowledge is easier to find. Sorry, there is no honey pot to link.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Isis seemed to have utilized this method, though in myth only:

Source: www.sacred-texts.com...

[paragraph continues] 15. She flew round and round over this earth uttering wailing cries of grief, and she did not alight on the ground until she had found him. She made light [to come forth] from her feathers, she made air to come into being by means of her two wings, and she cried out the death cries for her brother. 16. She made to rise up the helpless members of him whose heart was at rest, she drew from him his essence, and she made therefrom an heir. She suckled the child in solitariness and none knew where his. place was, and he grew in strength.

His hand is mighty (or, victorious) within the house 17 of Keb, and the Company of the Gods rejoice greatly at the coming of Horus, the son of Osiris, whose heart is firmly stablished, the triumphant one, the son of Isis, the flesh and bone of Osiris. The Tchatcha 1 of Truth, and the Company of the Gods, and Neb-er-tcher 2 himself, and the Lords of Truth, gather together to him, and assemble therein. 3 18. Verily those who defeat iniquity rejoice 4 in the House of Keb to bestow the divine rank and dignity upon him to whom it belongeth, and the sovereignty upon him whose it is by right.

top topics

join