It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stress Stops Cancer?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Stress Stops Cancer?

www.the-scientist.com

Stress is commonly thought to increase susceptibility to disease, but a new study in Brain, Behavior, and Immunity finds short-term stress can actually boost the immune system and help reduce the number of skin cancer tumors in mice.

...Previous studies... have shown that acute stress can help fight infection and enhance immune function. But this latest paper... is the first to demonstrate its effects on cancer.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Makes total sense to me.

We evolved to live full lives, and short term stress is part of a full life.

It's the chronic stress created by our polluted environment and twisted culture that's killing us. Cancer is just an in-your-face illustration that something is wrong and it's eating us up.

www.the-scientist.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

MBF

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 11:00 PM
link   
I've had enough stress to last a lifetime.
I guess that means that I will live forever.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 11:11 PM
link   
I think that study is clutching at straws a bit, stress is not good for you, it may boost the immune system in the short term.
But that is over using your immune system, so when it really needs to work it may not have enough steam left.
The fact is they already know what causes cancer, they already know how to cure cancer.
But they don't want to cure it, they want to drag it on for years with expensive useless treatments to make profits.
Imagine the profits lost if they cured all cancers in the next year?
I would rather eat out of a bin and live in the gutter than make money off the backs of dead people.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaptainCaveMan
I think that study is clutching at straws a bit, stress is not good for you, it may boost the immune system in the short term.
But that is over using your immune system, so when it really needs to work it may not have enough steam left.
The fact is they already know what causes cancer, they already know how to cure cancer.
But they don't want to cure it, they want to drag it on for years with expensive useless treatments to make profits.
Imagine the profits lost if they cured all cancers in the next year?
I would rather eat out of a bin and live in the gutter than make money off the backs of dead people.

stress has also shown to cause genetic mutations that trigger corrective measures to the organism's chances of survival in the environment that caused the stress..
... thus producing a more successful model of the species.

evolution in action...

stress isn't a good/bad thing...
it just is..
...and it's there for a reason.

-

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptainCaveMan

I'm sorry cavey, but your assertion that there is a cure and no one want's it known because they can't make any money is just ludicrous.

Most people don't even get the types of therapies there are today which are so expensive.

If Pfizer cured cancer tomorrow, they would increase their shareholders money that much more, because every American would be buying the "Cancer Preventative" like vitamins...

They'd get much more than anything they are getting now...

DENY IGNORANCE!

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 08:07 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 08:09 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 08:11 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 08:15 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 08:24 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 08:28 PM
link   

MBF

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 08:37 PM
link   
You would think that having cancer in itself would be extremely stressful. I've never heard of anyone healing themselves from cancer.

new topics

top topics

join