It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Taliban's View on "War on Terror"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 12:30 PM
link   
This is from Newsweek, a great article telling the story from the Taliban's side on the "War on Terror".

"The Taliban in Their Own Words"

AKHUNDZADA: When the bombing started, I was commanding some 400 fighters on the front lines near Mazar-e Sharif. The bombs cut down our men like a reaper harvesting wheat. Bodies were dismembered. Dazed fighters were bleeding from the ears and nose from the bombs' concussions. We couldn't bury the dead. Our reinforcements died in their trenches.

It's not easy being in the Taliban. It's like wearing a jacket of fire. You have to leave your family and live with the knowledge that you can be killed at any time. The Americans can capture you and put you in dog cages in Bagram and Guantánamo. You can't expect any quick medical treatment if you're wounded. You don't have any money. Yet when I tell new recruits what they are facing they still freely put on this jacket of fire. All this builds my confidence that we will never lose this war.

www.newsweek.com...

I personally have not seen any articles with stories or views of what the Taliban thinks about this war. A very nice article and I would encourage everyone to read it, including all those "American Patriots" out there who probably wouldn't care what the Taliban would have to say.

[edit on 29-9-2009 by fordrew]

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 01:15 PM
link   
This is a very good post.

As much as the western governments and media want us to view the Taliban as mindless monsters hell bent on destroying everyone and everything, we have to remember that they are human.

[edit on 29/9/09 by Kram09]

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 07:17 PM
link   
These guys really aren't that smart.

Wouldn't it be better to lay low until the NATO forces feel that they've completed the task at hand and left? Then start up a violent insurgency. You know, instead of fighting the armies that come equipped with jets and helicopters.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dnevnoi
These guys really aren't that smart.

Wouldn't it be better to lay low until the NATO forces feel that they've completed the task at hand and left? Then start up a violent insurgency. You know, instead of fighting the armies that come equipped with jets and helicopters.

If a foreign nation invaded the continental US today, would you just "lay low" or would you band together with your neighbors, and DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT?

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kram09
This is a very good post.

As much as the western governments and media want us to view the Taliban as mindless monsters hell bent on destroying everyone and everything, we have to remember that they are human.

[edit on 29/9/09 by Kram09]

Yes, it was. And what you are referring to is called "demonizing the enemy." This has been done for centuries by just about every Nation at war with another Nation.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by fordrew
This is from Newsweek, a great article telling the story from the Taliban's side on the "War on Terror".

"The Taliban in Their Own Words"

AKHUNDZADA: When the bombing started, I was commanding some 400 fighters on the front lines near Mazar-e Sharif. The bombs cut down our men like a reaper harvesting wheat. Bodies were dismembered. Dazed fighters were bleeding from the ears and nose from the bombs' concussions. We couldn't bury the dead. Our reinforcements died in their trenches.

Getting the other side of things on anything has gotten more and more difficult. We can't even get a view of the real war(s).

The Taliban commander sounds a lot like some from Vietnam years ago.

Glad to have a chance to read this. Very interesting and explains something about what I'd heard back during the Russian thing.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by king9072

would you just "lay low" or would you band together with your neighbors, and DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT?

Taliban are not friendly neighbors banding together to defend themselves against bad guys.

Taliban are grown up kids from Madrasah sponsored by oil rich radical Islamic arabs.. foreigners. These kids are taught to hate westerners, especially the US and Israelis. All they know is hate and a little of the Koran. They don't know how to build a house, fix a car, raise a crop, they don't even know basic medicine so they can fix up their fallen comrads on the battlefield. They leave them lay because they aren't prepared for casualties no hospital facilities, nothing.

They treat captured villagers like dirt, even muslims, they treat women like dirt. They are a ruthless bunch. In Afghanistan they are hated, despised, feared, dreaded.

Read "Horse Soldiers" to get an understanding of the early part of the Afghanistan conflict. Northern warlords vs Taliban.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Can I get an Ah'men For that post Plumranch! very well said.
Gotta remember though, that some of these people posting on ATS may call themselves American, but they are surely America hating. I would challenge the author of this original post to take his $#@!^ to Kabul, Pakistan, or some of the other "hot spots", and then come back with a revised ideology. It makes me want to puke when I read crap like this.

maybe he should spend some time watching the beheading vides that are all over the internet. Perhaps the sight of 15 year old kids wacking off heads with a dull rusty knife would change his feeble narrow mindedness about the Taliban.

Originally posted by plumranch
reply to post by king9072

would you just "lay low" or would you band together with your neighbors, and DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT?

Taliban are not friendly neighbors banding together to defend themselves against bad guys.

Taliban are grown up kids from Madrasah sponsored by oil rich radical Islamic arabs.. foreigners. These kids are taught to hate westerners, especially the US and Israelis. All they know is hate and a little of the Koran. They don't know how to build a house, fix a car, raise a crop, they don't even know basic medicine so they can fix up their fallen comrads on the battlefield. They leave them lay because they aren't prepared for casualties no hospital facilities, nothing.

They treat captured villagers like dirt, even muslims, they treat women like dirt. They are a ruthless bunch. In Afghanistan they are hated, despised, feared, dreaded.

Read "Horse Soldiers" to get an understanding of the early part of the Afghanistan conflict. Northern warlords vs Taliban.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Let me make this very clear: I'm not brainwashed by the American media machine who gives us a new bogeyman to hate on a daily basis. On the same token, I'm also not brainwashed by propaganda that causes us to sympathize with monsters or their causes. The below is my independent conclusion after taking many factors into consideration.

The Taliban are not noble freedom fighters banding together as neighbors to protect their people against American imperialism.

Make no mistake: I am ardently against us sticking our nose where it doesn't belong. However, the Taliban cannot be equated with people who just want their freedom and to watch their children grow and live in peace.

The Taliban is in fact an extremely twisted regime that pours acid on school children, believes in stoning rape victims, wants to kill you if you leave the faith, sets fire to houses with families inside, etc. Their own people and fellow Muslims despise and fear them.

They are not fighting some righteous crusade even if in their own minds they are. Please don't give into the propaganda by defending their actions as a cause to be respected. These are not regular folks who just want to live a peaceful life and allow their fellow citizens to live a peaceful life but the 'evil Americans' keep getting in the way. Instead, they want to force their fellow citizens to live under their extremely horrific rules.

Let's choose our battles here, folks. Some deserve our sympathy but the Taliban is not one of them.

[edit on 10/3/2009 by AshleyD]

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by fordrew

That was a fascinating read and one that will stick in my mind for some time to come. The Taliban "passion" indicates to me that if our troops are going to have a so called victory over them, this victory will be pyrrhic and all for a corrupt self serving Afghan government to thrive?

Is this the legacy that is befitting for those troops we have lost already and will lose in the future? I don’t think it is.

Thanks for the link

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 02:54 AM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

These are not regular folks who just want to live a peaceful life and allow their fellow citizens to live a peaceful life but the 'evil Americans' keep getting in the way. Instead, they want to force their fellow citizens to live under their extremely horrific rules.

The Taliban agenda is controlled by a small, well funded leadership in Pakistan including Mullah Omar. The leadership supplies the weapons of destruction and training, money and other resourses. The Taliban terrorists go into Afghanistan to kill Americans and Afghan government resistance and terrorize the local population. Mullah Omar says go kill Americans and gives them the guns and ammo. They do their thing.

The leadership is in Pakistan and pretty much out of our reach like Cambodia was in the Viet Nam days.

We need the cooperation of Pakistan and Obama seems to be doing nothing there.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 03:24 AM
link   
My 18 year old son has just started a 6 month tour in Afghanistan and he will be facing a ruthless hardened enemy that shows no mercy, I could not give a s..t what the Taliban feel or think about a war started with them over their support for the al qadea terrorist friends. they are animals and should be killed, every last one............

IT IS THEIR CHOICE TO FIGHT...

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Hi

I think the Taliban are normal human beings fighting for what they think is right. For one thing, the Taliban does not think that this is a "War on Terrorism" as the US put it. They think it's a war on their religion - Islam.

Taliban don't want violence and destruction in their country. They just want the true Islamic Shariah (law) to govern it and its people. The fact remains that the US is invading their land, and what the Taliban are doing is a normal reaction.

Also, i'm pretty sure that the Taliban are well educated people, who treat their women normally etc. etc. The thing is Taliban follow the Islamic law and no where in the Quran does it say that you should hit your women, or not get an education.

Remember Usama Bin Laden is a millionaire engineer and Ayman Al Zawahiri is a very rich doctor. So why doesnt anyone ask, why do such people, who had such good lifes, go ahead and create a group to fight the US invaders?? They had a rich and glamorous life, yet they chose the hard path. Why would they do that??

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by yui333

I could not agree more with you right now man. They are extreme though, but they are no better, no worse than christian "bible thumping" extremists. No better no worse than the Westboro Baptist Church. No better, no worse than Scientology. They just follow Islam law, and perhaps follow the Quran word for word. I have not read the Quran because I do not speak Arabic, but I wish to learn Arabic one day. They are angry that foreigners have invaded their land, and have invaded their land since back in the 1900s. If you all could recall your history, Imperialism in the 1900s, 1910s is a cause for World War I. How would you like it if a larger country came to colonize YOUR homeland, and claim it as their own? Of course these things do not happen (often) during this day and age.

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by fordrew

Good post S & F

Nice to read an account from the other side.

It makes me smile when I hear people calling the Taliban evil monsters. The fact is that we have been conditioned to believe this from Government backed MSM propaganda. It goes a long way to keep the populus opinion in favor of the war effort.

Truth is the war is nothing to do with eradicating the Taliban and creating democracy for the Afghanni people. It is about geopolitics and creating a sustained US presence in the region to better control the middle east, its resources and opium production.

The long term plan is to have control over europe and asia and this can not be achieved without having complete control over the middle east. This has been known for 1000's of years by great empires and is why Afghanistan has been one of the most occupied countries throughout history.

A successful war on Iran can not be waged without secure and close USAF bases in the region for logistical support giving full spectrum dominance as documented in Joint vision 2020 by the Pentagon.

I do not remember any attack on mainland USA by the Taleban, in fact the last time they were there was as guests of GW Bush and Cheney to discuss the trans Afghanni gas pipeline which would have made billions for Unocal and Halliburton. Seems like a lot of coalition troops need to die to satisfy the greed of the US Corporatocracy.

The Taleban are evil because we have been told they are

PEACE,
RK

[edit on 1-11-2009 by Rigel Kent]

new topics

top topics

join