It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woman charged at G20 Pittsburgh for "Throwing" bike at officer

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 11:56 AM
link   
www.thepittsburghchannel.com...

Lauren Wasson, 23, of Garfield, was charged with obstruction of highways and aggravated assault after she allegedly threw her bicycle at Officer Shawn Dady, striking Officer Dady with it." Lauren was simply trying to slow down a moment so that another pedestrian could move out of her path. A slideshow is available that clearly shows the women falling into Lauren's path and the officers continuing to shove her despite the fact she was simply waiting for the women to move aside. Let's get as many signatures as we can and send them to Governor Edward Rendell demanding Lauren's clemency!

Let's get as many names on this as we can, pass it round to other forums, to friends and who ever you think might be interested. It's about time these nazi pigs learn that they can't push people around. Especially when they're trying to get out of the way!!

Power to the PEOPLE!

[edit on 29/9/2009 by Acidtastic]

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 11:58 AM
link   
This thread will be deleted, it violates the T&C (no petitions), and you used caps lock in your thread title. Double-whammy.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 12:05 PM
link   
oh well, bye bye thread, and sorry to the mods

*whoops*

I've edited the title, and removed the petition, leaving up the link to the slide show. I hope that's more acceptable

I've edited again, because I've now seen all the pictures, (I posted the thread whilst half watching them) It clearly doesn't PROVE (lol) her innocence, in fact, it proves that she did throw her bike at him

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 12:08 PM
link   
I didn't see a woman fall into her path in the posted slide show. I did see an officer appear to make contact with her. I also saw her clearly use her bike against the police officer. I wish we had audio to hear what was being said to her by the police prior to this stupid incident.

A petition... give me a break. She's not on death row. She is entitled to her day in court before a jury of her peers. If these pictures are supposed to be so poignant and clear cut she should have no worries with a jury.

Maybe she'll think twice before she uses her bike as a weapon next time. That was a dumb move given the volatile nature of the environment that she was knowingly in. She made the choice to be there knowing that a riot situation was at hand. Oh well dum dum

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Acidtastic

She threw her bike at a cop. End of story.

If it were a cop throwing his bike at a citizen your argument would be switched.

Riding bikes on the sidewalk is against the law in my Province.

Past demonstrations at these types of summits have ended with same outcome. Knowing that police will be geared to the max in SWAT would be big bells and whistles her for me to stay home.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

Personally. I don't believe it smart that she did that. But I saw the video before this article. She wasn't acting on a logical basis, she was pissed off because the officer was pushing her even though she was trying to leave.

But I think she already got equal treatment after she got hit in the head with a baton.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 10:30 PM
link   
She shoved her bike at the officer. Bad move for her to make.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Sorry, OP, going to have to disagree with you.
She got what she deserved. She assaulted the cop.

You may want to check out the T&C on solicitation:

1e.) Recruitment/Solicitation:

i) You will not use your membership at The Above Network, LLC site(s) for any type of recruitment to any causes whatsoever. You will not post, use the chat feature, use videos, or use the private message system to disseminate advertisements, chain letters, petitions, pyramid schemes, or any kind of solicitation for political action, social action, letter campaigns, or related online and/or offline coordinated actions of any kind.

ii) You will not use the discussion boards, the chat system or the private message system to collect or ask for the personal information (data mining) about forum members, including email addresses and "real life" names, in any manner whatsoever, or for any reason whatsoever.

iii) You will not post, use the chat feature or use the private message system to solicit members of The Above Network, LLC on behalf of another message board, online community or competitor. You will not attempt to use your membership to encourage or lure other members in any way to other websites or discussion boards in competition with The Above Network, LLC. Doing so will result in removal of your post(s) and immediate termination of your account.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on September 29th 2009 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

You've got to be kidding. Look at the poli-cee enforcer (the one in the middle) push her in the back, what would you do? Her head jolts back with force and she has every right to be pissed off.

I admire her instinctive fire.

@Rhain

Riding bikes on the sidewalk is against the law in my Province.

What about unconstitutional enforcement, lack of civility, and use of LRAD's and tear gas.

[edit on 29-9-2009 by PrisonerOfSociety]

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by PrisonerOfSociety
You've got to be kidding. Look at the nazi pig (the one in the middle) push her in the back, what would you do? Her head jolts back with force and she has every right to be pissed off..

Well, I didn't see any "nazi pig" in that video, but I did see a police officer push her, then I saw her lose her temper and throw her bike at the guy.

Looks like she just bought a ticket for the train to Loserville, population: her.

I admire her instinctive fire.

What, for being stupid in a "no stupid" zone?

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by PrisonerOfSociety

Obviously the link in the OP does not show what a video does. Goes to show that stills of photos never tell the whole story. That is what I went on.

[edit on September 29th 2009 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by jerico65

I removed my petulant remark to the orificer but it does amaze me how people can condone such brute force of ramming batons in peoples backs. There is definitely a dichotomy of opinion here on ATS, regarding acceptable levels of enforcement.

I guess i live in cuckoo land, where i'd expect a bit more civility from police, especially when she is making her way down the street with everyone else; it's just unfortunate she's at the back and the poli-cee enforcers are itching for a confrontation.

I need to buy a pair of rose-tinted glasses. Have you got a spare pair amongst your stash?

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Personally.. I don't think she deserves to be charged. Not because she did nothing wrong.

But rather because she got hit in the head with a baton. That tends to teach you a few lessons.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Im not saying the cop pushing her was ok. But we still do not know the whole store of what led up to this.

It's not rocket science to see that the brown-shirts are just power tripping. What story could there possibly be? A picture paints a thousand words.

It's ironic, but the first cop pushes her whilst she's on her bike, but she gets blocked by people in front, then the knob-head second cop pushes her as she gets off her bike and she thought it was the same cop pushing her again but with more force, causing her to understandably flip out as she had nowhere to go.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 01:10 AM
link   
One thing to say ... the girl move is a bad one.
But damn if you push one animal in a corner he will bite !!

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Now that I have seen the video I am even more convinced that this girl should have just kept moving. She was pushed not struck. Her "group think" courage got the best of her. That's what happens when you hang out in the streets during a failed protest that turned a little chaotic in the streets. They were warned with the very loud and new audio warning system.

Oops! She will lose her case based on the video footage.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 04:36 PM
link   

I removed my petulant remark to the orificer but it does amaze me how people can condone such brute force of ramming batons in peoples backs. There is definitely a dichotomy of opinion here on ATS, regarding acceptable levels of enforcement.

It amazes me that people think they can throw their bike at a cop and not be responsible for their actions.

I guess i live in cuckoo land, where i'd expect a bit more civility from police, especially when she is making her way down the street with everyone else; it's just unfortunate she's at the back and the poli-cee enforcers are itching for a confrontation.

How about more civility from protesters?

Yeah, cops on crowd control are just looking for a fight

I need to buy a pair of rose-tinted glasses. Have you got a spare pair amongst your stash?

Nope, but when I was at 7-11 today, I saw that clues were on sale. You ought to look into that, I think you might need one.

top topics

join