It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The real night of the living dead

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 06:19 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by XXXN3O

Well, well, not only do we have to watch for people that walk funny, or are digging their underwear out of their behinds, we now have to watch for zombie flu!

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 07:03 PM
link   
undead?
simply
untrue.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 08:47 PM
link   
This book sounds pretty interesting. I'm gonna have to pick it up. Does anyone know where it's available??? I live in Pennsy. and my buddy's aunt was a nurse at Byberry Hospital back in the 50s. She's dead now but she used to tell us about all kinds of crazy stories. One of them was about a reporter for a Philadelphia paper called the Bulletin. The guy was doing an expose their and was killed in some sort of riot around the time she was there.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Morbo the Annihilator
And does anyone ever wonder why zombies have to kill everything that moves? There will be fresh bodies EVERYWHERE, but they still insist on killing new ones. Does anyone know why that is?

Well this is when you have to look at the sudo-science of zombies and it really just depends on the type of virus they are infected with, for example:

H1Z1- Kill anything and everything. -Short Period of Reanimation-
Rage Virus- Kill anything and everything. -Corpses Reanimate Affects Living Host-
Cobra Virus- Kill anything and everything. -Only Affects Living Hosts-
____ of the Dead- Eat only humans. -Corpses Reanimate-
____ of the Living Dead- Eat only humans. -Virus Mutates in Certain Hosts Previously Deceased Can Reanimate-
G/T/P-Virus- Eat anything. -Corpses Reanimate Previously Deceased Can Reanimate-

Now I could go into more detail on certain viruses but they often differ very little, but usually the case is to kill something and move on. Now reason for the zombies that actually feel the need to feed is based on the attributes caused by the virus as to how they hunt their prey. Do they hunt by sound, smell, or sight? Do they have a pack mentality, no mentality, are they completely under the control of the virus? Does the virus need to create some sort of fuel out of consuming others, does it not, does the prey have to be fresh or can it be another undead? It all depends on the virus outbreak you have to deal with, which is why in several books or movies there is always that crazy scientist who is trying to learn from the zombies. Its a lot simpler than what most of them resort to but on occasion they do need to be captured to properly observe how they hunt or what they need because then you can often scheme an easy way to defeat them... well sometimes easier said than done since usually it involves waiting it out.

Generally the zombies become victims of the virus themselves. They could starve to death, attack each other, or simply rot away. The type of zombies that rot are the best types in my opinion, they're generally easy to squish, and after only a few months those that had the previous living abilities to see, smell, touch, or listen now have none of that and are easily avoided and/or destroyed.

[edit on 1-10-2009 by GenLo]

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 04:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lichter daraus
reply to post by XXXN3O

No f'n way. You have GOT to be kidding me. This is unbelievable, now we may have to fight off zombies, great. Time to get out the sawed off and start bustin caps I guess...

That link was a joke.

You better get your commando outfit back in the attic.

Just thought I would clear that up in case your panicking.

[edit on 1-10-2009 by XXXN3O]

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 08:23 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by GenLo
"The Zombie Survival Guide" I doubt there is much too it, not that I am not giving it a chance, I will definitely look into this one!

This is a great book, and I got to meet Max Brooks at a conference he gave in Chicago last year ( a zombie survival course ) if you haven't read it yet, check out World War Z the follow up book. Having said that, they are complete fiction, an awesome read, but still just for fun. Although I guess there is some decent information in there if there ever is a zombie apocalypse.

I hate to admit it, but sometimes I would really like for the zombie thing to happen, just because I would find it amazingly awesome. I know that sounds horrible but I would really like to test myself against something like that. On the other hand, It makes me feel really bad to want something like that to happen because of the sheer amount of death to innocent people that would take place.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 06:04 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 07:36 PM
link   
It is kinda funny that the dead could rise to eat the living. Why do they need to eat if they are dead? Are animals affected, the never really adress this that I am aware of.
I am however a fan of Cenobites myself not really into zombies.

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by XXXN3O

Yeah I put it away, but no panicking here I would have some hella fun bustin caps...Looks like I gotta save that for when the SHTF...

PEACE!!!

[edit on 07/16/2009 by Lichter daraus]

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 06:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Pinkarella

Depends on the virus or parasite type.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by ghosthunting101
This book sounds pretty interesting. I'm gonna have to pick it up. Does anyone know where it's available??? I live in Pennsy. and my buddy's aunt was a nurse at Byberry Hospital back in the 50s. She's dead now but she used to tell us about all kinds of crazy stories. One of them was about a reporter for a Philadelphia paper called the Bulletin. The guy was doing an expose their and was killed in some sort of riot around the time she was there.

The book is on amazon, look for it. But yea we getting a bit off topic, has anyone ever read this book, or knows of the "supposedly true accounts" of a zombie attack on that state hospital during the 1950s? Also like i mention before if you guys do a little research that state hospital, has been known for alot of gruesome murders, and accounts of patient abuse. It was a state hospital for the criminally insane.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Michael Landon

How is this off topic, Last time I checked, Undead things coming back to life is paranormal.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 05:29 PM
link   
I don't know about you guys, but me and a group of buddies have already put together a well thought out zombie/Doomsday survival plan. I suggest you guys do the same with a close group of friends you could trust through anything. I have homemade, hand welded steel grates sittin out in the garage that can be welded to my truck very fast and easily for a full on zombie assault.
May never need, hopefully will NEVER need, but better safe than sorry. IMHO

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Zombies zombies zombies! For those who haven't heard this heres a song called Re : your brains
www.youtube.com...

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by skeetontheconspiracy
I don't know about you guys, but me and a group of buddies have already put together a well thought out zombie/Doomsday survival plan. I suggest you guys do the same with a close group of friends you could trust through anything. I have homemade, hand welded steel grates sittin out in the garage that can be welded to my truck very fast and easily for a full on zombie assault.
May never need, hopefully will NEVER need, but better safe than sorry. IMHO

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

I'm not much of a bible nut, but I remember revelations talking about when the world is going to end, and the rapture is apon us, the dead will walk among the living again, blah blah blah. Who knows, maybe this zombie thing might just happen one day. or not. Just keep your shotguns loaded. Also anyone seen zombieland yet? I heard its a pretty funny.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 06:45 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 07:37 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nemox42
reply to post by Michael Landon

How is this off topic, Last time I checked, Undead things coming back to life is paranormal.

Extreme
if he responds to the other two posts above me.

Hmmm.... Wonder what they said?

This is probably going to be marked as off topic...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join