It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The real night of the living dead

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 10:53 AM
link   
So I been watching alot of zombie movies lately. I wikipedia some zombie flicks and found out a new book is out this year about zombies. I was thinking it was just another zombie novel, but then I see the words based on an alleged true story. The book is called " the real night of the living dead" by mark L kramer. Here is a quick synopsis I found....

The Real Night of the Living Dead is the alleged true story of Veimer Stanton who, while working as an attendant at Philadelphia State Hospital at Byberry in 1951, was faced with fighting for his life against the increasing number of the living dead after a medical experiment went awry.

The survivor tells his story of how he and a band of hospital employees and patients struggled to survive till morning, and how he tried desperately to save a nurse, his lover, who was on the other side of the campus, about a mile away, through the army of the undead.

Now I love the zombie genre, but this guy obviously loves it way too much to actually claim the living dead came alive and attacked him at a public state hospital. Can anyone verify this story, because I can't find anything on the internet about this event. I do know the place the story took place in Philadelphia state hospital in Byberry was known to be a looney bin, and one with a bad and dark history and reputation. Here is a link about the hospital and the story of the book.

zombie.wikia.com...

en.wikipedia.org...

Any information from anyone who has read the book, knows of the story, or can verify the actual events that happen please post for us. Thank you.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 11:00 AM
link   
OHHHH I love survival stories about the undead I will have to get the book! As for it being real? Well there are the several plausible ways to make flesh eating infectious zombies if science wanted to try hard enough so I don't see why not, but after spending the time investigating the supposed true stories of one of my favorite zombie books, "The Zombie Survival Guide" I doubt there is much too it, not that I am not giving it a chance, I will definitely look into this one!

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by GenLo
OHHHH I love survival stories about the undead I will have to get the book! As for it being real? Well there are the several plausible ways to make flesh eating infectious zombies if science wanted to try hard enough so I don't see why not, but after spending the time investigating the supposed true stories of one of my favorite zombie books, "The Zombie Survival Guide" I doubt there is much too it, not that I am not giving it a chance, I will definitely look into this one!

Ha bro the zombie survival guide is totally not true. In case of zombie invasion please move to cold climate. There use to be this spoof website that acts like a team of investors that document and fight zombie infections. I think it was a promo for something but I remember when i first came across it, It took pretty damn real.

[edit on 29-9-2009 by Nemox42]

[edit on 29-9-2009 by Nemox42]

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Nemox42

Umm, isnt anyone aware of this ongoing situation?

draconislabs.net...

[edit on 29-9-2009 by XXXN3O]

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by XXXN3O

No f'n way. You have GOT to be kidding me. This is unbelievable, now we may have to fight off zombies, great. Time to get out the sawed off and start bustin caps I guess...

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Lichter daraus

That bbc article is fake.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Haydn_17

Yea i kinda gathered it was fake, when they claim the virus that is causing them to come back alive was mutated from the swine flu.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 12:34 PM
link   
WTF !!! That is like something straight out of the movies
Can you imagine being that poor mother who lost her child only to have the child come back to life and attack you !

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Haydn_17

Well, I guess I gotta keep shootin at the range then, oh well...

PEACE!!!

[edit on 07/16/2009 by Lichter daraus]

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Max Brooks is or has written a new book. Could this be a case of viral advert?

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 01:34 PM
link   
theres alot of "zombie" stuff out there now I notice .... a new movie with the guy from CHEERS ... games.... books....

acclimating us for when "real zombies" comes stuggling up the street in search of food... emaciated and dishevelled... real hungry and insane....

itll just be your fellow Americans that did not prepare......

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Oh man I revel in the idea of a zombie apocalypse! Don't get my hopes up like that! Can't wait for the World War Z movie to come out, it should be awesome!

Edit:
From IMDB the movie is in the development stages and I guess is due to release in 2010! I guess they are keeping things hush hush until its near release since you can't look at the film makers without becoming a member.

[edit on 29-9-2009 by GenLo]

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by sayiamu

I use Shawn of the Dead as my EU guide to surviving a zombie outbreak. Forget an easily fortified apartment building, lets go to the pub!!!

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 09:39 PM
link   
I honestly wont be completely happy with the global situation until there is an actual Zombie outbreak

Seriously it makes the whole killing of masses of idiots thing much easier on me.

If the stupid people ruining the world are "people" well, it's just not much in my way to go break the whole "thou shalt not kill" thing and do anything about it...

I have to wait and figure out how to survive while the world gets worse and worse to live in.

But if there's a Zombie out break, I can be fairly confident that most of the real dummies i'd love to see go Darwin award will fail to avoid being zombified

At that time I can just start kicking the crap out of them with out fear of legal or divine retribution...

Seems like a win/win as I see it

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 10:12 PM
link   
I'm sorry but the whole entire thing sounds like a giant rip off of Resident Evil personally, I mean word for word, It is exactly the same plot, didn't anybody else catch that???

I think that they're getting lazy in the creative department.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 10:18 PM
link   
I knew this was coming from the moment I heard of the fast-tracking of the H1N1 vaccine. Matter of fact, I sent an email to friends telling them not to come after me if they decide to take the vaccine and then turned zombie... told 'em I tried to warn 'em...

Originally posted by Lichter daraus
reply to post by XXXN3O

No f'n way. You have GOT to be kidding me. This is unbelievable, now we may have to fight off zombies, great. Time to get out the sawed off and start bustin caps I guess...

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by sayiamu
theres alot of "zombie" stuff out there now I notice .... a new movie with the guy from CHEERS ... games.... books....

acclimating us for when "real zombies" comes stuggling up the street in search of food... emaciated and dishevelled... real hungry and insane....

itll just be your fellow Americans that did not prepare......

We've got one that can SEE!
....That is exactly it..you nailed it on the head.

This is all just acclimation...brainwashing.

[edit on 30-9-2009 by Unplugged]

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 05:21 PM
link   

reply to post by sayiamu

I use Shawn of the Dead as my EU guide to surviving a zombie outbreak. Forget an easily fortified apartment building, lets go to the pub!!!

YES you know that if it did ever happen us brits would deal with it with a sense of humour!
My hubz loves zombies and I actually think he would love a zombie apocolypse to happen!! you men are strange...
I will have to tell him about this book, I loved all the 'true life' accounts in the survival guide, I know its highly improbable but the way he's wrote it, you actually believe some of them could have happened! I am always sceptical now when I hear of any cases of 'mass hysteria' lol
And that BBc website is brilliant
I'm thinking a practical joke might be in order... I'm such a good wife

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Oh, man I love zombies. I have told my husband MULTIPLE times that I would love to be an extra in a zombie movie. Apparently I just don't know the right people.

As for zombie reality, there would have to be some serious thoughts about the future. In the movie 28 Days Later, it took a few months for the zombies to starve to death, so you'd have to get away from them completely, at least for a while. And in the movie Fido, anyone who died of ANY CAUSE turned into a zombie. So they had to have "head caskets" to ensure no return. That might be another idea, just to make sure the dead stayed dead. And in [REC], Fido, and Shaun of the Dead, zombies learned how to use tools, so you'd have to make sure they weren't able to break into safe zones with tools.

As much as I love zombie movies, I think it would honestly be an awful end. What an awful existence. To have to feed off some poor sap, possibly a friend or family member. To wander aimlessly with no thoughts and no purpose... blech.

And does anyone ever wonder why zombies have to kill everything that moves? There will be fresh bodies EVERYWHERE, but they still insist on killing new ones. Does anyone know why that is?

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 05:45 PM
link   

reply to post by sayiamu

Things I learned from SOTD (should be its own thread)

1) remember that when you're surrounded by zombies, the best thing to do is blend in as one.

2) Abandon a perfectly good flat on an upper level for a pub on the ground level with lots of windows.

3) Records, toasters, and plates all make useful weapons agains zombies in the back yard, though they're not particularly efficient.

4) Oh, and dogs can look up.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join