It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Senators introduce bill to repeal telecom wiretapping immunity

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Senators introduce bill to repeal telecom wiretapping immunity

rawstory.com

Four Democratic senators have introduced a bill that would, if passed, repeal the legal immunity afforded the telecommunications industry for their participation in President George W. Bush’s warrantless wiretapping program.

“I believe we best defend America when we also defend its founding principles,” Dodd said in the release. “We make our nation safer when we eliminate the false choice between liberty and security. But by granting retroactive immunity to the telecommunications companies wh
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 10:04 AM
link   
This is good news

In the article the 4 Democrats seem to be depicting a Senate vs. Congress scenario more than dislike for the actual bill which their Democratic current President pushed.

Despite that, I hope this gets passed.

This wiretapping immunity was one of the worst things of the decade in my opinion, get this passed.

Call your representatives and tell them to suppor this.

rawstory.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Just a reminder that Obama voted in favor of FISA when he was a senator. Makes you wonder if this bill was set in front of him now whether he would veto it or not.

blog.washingtonpost.com...

[edit on 29-9-2009 by sos37]

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 10:58 AM
link   
It was this bill (among others of GWB's administration) that vastly ramped up the "police state" we have in the USA.

Any reversal of such bills are a good thing, unfortunately it has for too much support from conservatives and republicans.

new topics

top topics

join