It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel keeps shooting the messenger

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Israel keeps shooting the messenger

www.thestar.com

In trying to discredit Richard Goldstone's UN report on the Israeli attack on Gaza, Israel and its supporters are shooting the messenger, says another high-profile Jewish public intellectual critical of Israeli policies on Palestinians.

Richard Falk is the United Nations Special Rapporteur on Human Rights in the Occupied Palestinian Territories.

Last December, he was expelled from Israel after characterizing the crippling Israeli economic blockade of Gaza (in effect since 2007) as collect
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.reuters.com

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 09:48 AM
link   

"Israel's tactic – I've also experienced this myself – is that rather than discuss the message, they talk about the messenger and try to discredit the auspices or the person who's bringing critical assessments of their behaviour.

This is true, it's not only true it's also immensely widespread this tactic, I see it everywhere.

"They don't make any effort to engage in the substantive debate because they really can't do that with any degree of effectiveness."

Perhaps this is why I suspect

But from another article is something that is so true and has been for way too long

"A culture of impunity in the region has existed for too long," Goldstone told the Council.

"The lack of accountability for war crimes and possible war crimes against humanity has reached a crisis point; the ongoing lack of justice is undermining any hope for a successful peace process and reinforcing an environment that fosters violence."
www.reuters.com...

That statement is just so true and has been so true for too long now.

I often wonder why people keep defending the actions of an oppressive govt/military force that is obviously killing innocent civilians everyday and supports an everday life of misery in the palestine region.

It's really time to wake up and it's also time for accountability!!!!!!!

But will we ever reach there?
What do you think?
Will people finally wake up?

www.thestar.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

new topics

join