It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Add on my Blog

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 09:04 AM
link   
I had this add pop up on my a google add sense add on my blog.
Here is a pic of the add.

and it links to this site to take a poll about what you think of Obama.
news1.newsmax.com...

Newsmax.com, one of America's leading online news services, is conducting an urgent national online poll about President Barack Obama and his new administration.

Newsmax will provide the results of the poll to major media outlets. In addition, Newsmax will share its results with popular radio talk-show hosts across America.

Newsmax reports have been cited by major media outlets, including CNN, ABC News, Fox News, CBS, MSNBC, and other major networks.

What are your thoughts? do you think there is anymore to it?
Does anyone know who owns NewsMax??

[edit on 29/9/2009 by wycky]

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by wycky

I think there is almost ALWAYS more to it. Why would ANYONE 'CARE' whether or not your support Obama?

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by KSPigpen

hmmmm... i guess so they know who to shoot first???

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 09:28 AM
link   
LOL, you sure this isn't just a shameless plug / spam for your website? Of course you profit whenever anyone clicks on that ad/image you posted.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by wycky
reply to post by KSPigpen

hmmmm... i guess so they know who to shoot first???

You can't take the poll or view the results without giving them a valid email.

It's a email mining operation one way or another, could be as simple as a way to build up their mailing list or something more sinister.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Most polls, online or phone, tend to have a motive behind them.

Unless it's from a reputable group that you've heard of before you really have to question what they want.

Some, as mentioned above, simply want the email addresses of people who are interested in various topics. A political poll would be used to gather email addresses of people who follow politics. The goal of this is to have a list of thousands of email addresses to sell to campaigns.

That's most likely what you're dealing with.

The other type of poll is the one that pretends to be neutral and "wants your opinion on some issues" until 3 or 4 minutes into it when they tell you "are you aware that candidate Smith steals candy from children and trips old ladies?"

Considering the situation we're discussing though I'd go with the first type. Don't put in your email address unless you want daily emails from every candidate you can think of to clog your inbox.

Email lists are $$$, your address will be sold by these people.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by wycky

The way you have put add rather than ad made me think Obama has started adding people as his friends on the net.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Newsmax is a conservative news site. And I agree that it's goal is to get E-mail addresses. Any polling data they get would not be scientific.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Djarums

That is why I and many others use multiple email addresses.

Usually a private one for friends and family only and a public one. Luckily I own my own domains and have virtually unlimited email addresses.

I will say ATS seems to have a high degree of integrity regarding it's collection of email addresses. Never once have I received spam email from ATS. The owners could make a pretty penny from all the active email addresses the have but they don't. I don't even see the shameless self plugging like you do with Yahoo and the likes.

new topics

top topics

join