It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO in Spain

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 12:13 PM
link   

As for the left right stereo. I think people are misunderstanding how mics work. Built in stereo mics have a very narrow sound field apart from extremes of right to left. That is, they have tendency to sound very much mono, unless there are sounds on the extremes of the sound field.

Sorry to jump in here with my first post but-- isn't the fisherman on the left "on the extremes of the sound field" at various points in this video? The helicopter also approaches from the extreme left. Yet there is no stereo separation anywhere in the audio to this video except for the sound of the jets passing left to right. I'm no pro but it seems indisputable that this is a sound effect added to a mono recording.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 12:25 PM
link   
One thing i did not get was the guy pointing. If you were pointing at someting to get someone's attention on it you do just that you point. If you were filming it why stick your hand infront of the camera like that?

It is a right hand so it is not the camera man's hand. It just kind of looks like they went out of the way to show that someone was pointing at it.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 12:28 PM
link   
UPDATE - The website Terra who released this story has an update with an alleged
witness who videotaped the helicopter. Here is the report.

UFO fever invades the gallega coast

The video of the gallego fisherman witnessing a strange object allegedly a UFO and the
subsequent hunt of the military fighter jets has awakened a controversy.
Some voices say it is just a CGI hoax. However a reader sent a message to us saying
that after this incident took place he saw an helicopter in that area carrying a strange
object and took a video.

According to this witness he was watching the helicopter from Ermita of our Lady
of La Lanzada in O Grove, the same zone where the incident of the fishing boat
was taking place. This helicopter had a net carrying a strange object that he didn't
know what it was and seemed odd until he watched the video of the fisherman.
“I think it's the same helicopter' he added.

[edit on 30-9-2009 by free_spirit]

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP

Originally posted by Eurisko2012
I found more translation for the Porteguese spoken.
That's not Portuguese.

Although I agree with Tifozi that it doesn't sound exactly like Galician, I also agree with mcmauro that it does sound like Galician. What I think is that the three men have different accents, and while the one that does most of the talking sounds less Galician, I think the one with the camera sounds like what I would expect from a Galician.

If you click on the link below the youtube clip it will show you
other versions.
A few give translations to what they are saying.
Many other people have copied and worked on zooming and
then posted different youtube clips.
That's where i got the translation.
Since this clip was taken off the coast of Spain, it makes sense
to have fisherman from Portugal.

I wish they had video cameras like this in July 1947.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by zaiger

Great pic.
You can see the 2nd UFO better.
It looks like the Grays travel around in pairs.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by free_spirit

Oh please, that could be any helicopter. Here is an update for you. The fishermen have been found

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012

If you like that pic you should check out the ones on page 8
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by rickyrrr

Yet again obfuscation and not a single relevant point to add to the conversation all based on casting aspertions about my knowledge. Let me get this right. You,. who have zero knowledge about recording and acoustics are challenging my level knowledge and trying to quantify it against someone else's knowledge. That is brilliant. So someone who knows nothing, is now sitting in judgement of my experience. You made an outright accusation that i didn't know what i was talking about and had just copied stuff from Wiki and expect to be treated with any respect. That is some breath taking arrogance from you and typical of some of the almost troll like skeptics on this board. Oh you can s dish it out,but can't take it yourself can we?

i happen to think it has been faked . However, the reasons, so far, given for the audio track being fake, have very little basis in any understanding of real world technology and how it works.

Just for you i shall repeat what i posted, as you obviously have a slight cognitive problem. Most cam corders have a built in stereo microphone. That microphone is often situated. flat mounted, under the lens or just to one side. These mics are usually a very cheap affair that means they are, to all intents and purposes, unidirectional in their nature. That is, they pick up over a relatively shallow field and off axis sounds are not picked up with anything like the accuracy of a typical studio condenser/ribbon mic.

The net effect of that is that the perceived stereo image, on playback is a very narrow one and at times can appear to be, what is known as dual mono. However, with something as extreme in level as low flying jet engine there would be enough level to give more obvious stereo effect. Part of the reason for this is explained by the what is known as *psycho acoustics*, that is the way the human ear perceives sound in relation to its frequency. In short, and for those who aren't au fait with the subject. Low bass is perceived by humans as omni directional. That means, low frequency noise seems to emanate from everywhere and are hard to pinpoint their exact source. Higher frequencies, the human can, pinpoint their exact position in a sound filed. With a jet engine, you have a pretty broad spectrum of sound from very low bass or huge amounts of air being sucked through them and pushed out, to the high pitched whine of the turbine blades rotating.

it is possible, although in my opinion unlikely that, the audio track could be genuine for the following reasons.

The inbuilt mics on camcorders do not have a big enough diaphragm to allow them to record anything much lower than 150hz, with any sort of accuracy. In effect, the inbuilt mics act as their own high pass equalisation filter. Combined with many of these mics have a built in limiter, that is, when the signal recorded reaches a certain level, 0db, it automatically reduces the level of any incoming signal that is louder than that.

I would hazard a guess that those jets as the passed would be producing a level of signal somewhere in the 120 decibel and quite possibly more. That means they would automatically trip the mics inbuilt limiters and you'd expect to hear something that sounds far more ragged and distorted than that you hear on this soundtrack.

However, as there are two jets there a possible get out clause. it is feasibly possible that, the presence of two jets with the same engines travelling at roughly the same speed in close proximity could produce some phase cancellation. The net effect of this would be to lower the perceived level one hears, or a microphone picks up from the two planes and affect how the human ear perceives the stereo sound field. phase cancellation was and is used, at times, for the generation of those *freaky* stereo sound effects on some albums.

Now back to the Doppler effect...

The mics built into most camcorders, because they have such a limited field or sound perseption cannot produce an exaggerated Doppler effect. If you want o understand what i am talking about simply do the following. Listen to some music sitting between two speakers. The cup your ears and push them forwards to narrow the range your ears can pick sounds up from and listen to the same music. That is way more like what your typical camcorder mic hears and records.

However, because of the nature of the loudness of jet engines and that they cover frequencies which are, in music terminology, very directional, I can see a scenario where, the inherent weaknesses of cam corder mics, could actually produce just the right effect. Plus, given there are two jets and there could be some phase cancellation helping this out, it is possible that the soundtrack is genuine. Personally, i don't think so, but unlike the vast majority of people on this forum, i do have some understanding of the science of why it might be genuine.

To summarise, under normal circumstances the mics on your typical cam corder cannot, by their very nature and positioning produced a pronounced Doppler effect. However, because of the very nature of jet engines and how loud they are, plus, there are two jets in tandem, thus with the possibility of phase cancellation affects,, there is a probability, greater than zero, that the soundtrack is genuine.

I reiterate the point that. People who bandy terms around like*Doppler effect* without any real understanding of its nature under vastly different systems and circumstances, are indulging in the same pseudo science many of the loony believers are accused of.

The waters are further muddied by the fact that. One has to assume, if this footage has been uploaded from a news channel that it has been not visually edited, but the audio track has been edited as well. it could well be that.The soundtrack with the jets was so badly distorted that it was deemed not of broadcast standard. That being so, the editing crew were told to overdub the commensurate jet engine noise after. This * Foley* work is not unusual, even in news footage, where the raw tape was obtained under extreme circumstances. in this situation the problem is that, by doing such work it lays the footage open to accusations of it being fake.

continued below

[edit on 30-9-2009 by FireMoon]

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by zaiger

I like all the other youtube clips.
UFO Hunters around the globe are working on this.
We finally got come real footage of alien spacecraft
evading military aircraft.
I wish they had video cameras in Puerto Rico December 28,1988
at around 7:45 PM. All we got were pics of the F-14 chasing
a Triangle Spaceship.

It looks like Spain is the new UFO hot spot.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 12:49 PM
link   
As for the pixelation of of the peoples faces there are two possible reasons for this, one of them perfectly legitimate and used daily by broadcasters the world over.

If the footage was to be broad casted and given the amount of swearing and oaths used by the fishermen. It has been pixelated so as not to offend those who lip read, because they are hard of hearing. This is done as a matter of policy by many news agencies.

The other reason would be that, the soundtrack and the lips don;t match so it is fake..

The only people who know the answer to this, are the people who edited the video themselves.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 12:51 PM
link   
I write to you guys today because I am getting sick and tired of those POP-Ups about the JOB Schemes and the Emoticons. What the hell is happening with ATS, it has become a target of SPAM, SPAM, AND MORE SPAM..... WILL YOU GUYS TAKE CARE OF THIS PLEASE!!!!

I do not visit ATS that frequently because I cannot stand the spamming POPups. Please have the website developers fix this, it is SOOOOOO FREAKING ANOYING!!!

BY THE WAY THE VIDEO LOOKS FAKE, AND STAGED....

[edit on 30-9-2009 by The Coward]

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by mcmauro
reply to post by zaiger

I agree it must be faked.

But PROVED it is fake, sorry mate but we must be reading different threads

That is what it is coming down to.
If it's not a fake, then aliens are here on Earth.
The aliens have then probably been here a long time.
It's unlikely the Grays just arrived a few weeks ago.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 12:56 PM
link   
I going with that something did take place involving at least two possibly three UFO's.

Many times things here at ATS called hoaxes aren't really hoaxes but hey........................... to each his own.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by mcmauro

Whatever the subject is, I tend to have respect for both sides of the debate. I don't know what your problem is, but I suggest you try to calm down your way approaching people and what they are saying.

No, I'm not a language expert. But I am a pilot. A airliner pilot.

I know how a airliner sounds, because I fly one, and because I walk around them every day at work.

I know how a jet fighter sounds because I decided to become a pilot thanks to my enthusiasm thowards aviation.

Oh by the way, just because that was supposed to be in Galicia and, according to your logic, it should be common knowledge in Portugal... most of people there (in Portugal) doesn't even know what El País is, or TV Galicia and so on.

Wrong. If you don't understand why, I'm not going to bother explaining to you.

Portugal is a small country, and is neighboor to Spain. Something this important would at least leak out to the rest of Spain, and after, to Portugal.

Can you debunk this in a intelligent way, not using totally irrelevant stuff?

My patience for your claims is running short.

Why don't you confront me with the helicopter evidence? Why don't you argue with my about the avionics? Why are you asking stupid questions and asking me to make a drawn to you, instead of arguing the real details that make this video fake?

Is idiotic to come here and claim everything without making any contribution.

link   

Originally posted by Camilo1
There is a link on the Terra page:

noticias.terra.es...

it's another video from Galicia, the region in Spain where the fisher boat video was supposedly taken.

Here is another one, in the same region:

noticias.terra.es...

Another one:

noticias.terra.es...

Hope you enjoy, we need someone like Ritzmann, ArMaP or Internos to make a good analysis.

That third one looks extremely believable, or very well faked. He really looks like he didnt even notice the ufo being filmed, and only noticed it afterwards, making it plausible (in my oppinion of course).

link   
reply to post by free_spirit

Maybe that helicopter is just CG!

Just kidding. Maybe Spain thinks the UFO is still down there.
I'm not sure how deep the water is there.
Another underground alien base?
How many are there?

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by toepick

Some military use the AS-350/55, like Panama. But not Spain nor Portugal.

You can see A-stars here in Portugal and Spain, but they are usually being used by news agencies and tourism companies. Not to police or to patrol the coast.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rikhart

Originally posted by Camilo1
There is a link on the Terra page:

noticias.terra.es...

it's another video from Galicia, the region in Spain where the fisher boat video was supposedly taken.

Here is another one, in the same region:

noticias.terra.es...

Another one:

noticias.terra.es...

Hope you enjoy, we need someone like Ritzmann, ArMaP or Internos to make a good analysis.

That third one looks extremely believable, or very well faked. He really looks like he didnt even notice the ufo being filmed, and only noticed it afterwards, making it plausible (in my oppinion of course).

The second one looks the best.
It zooms off after just a second.

No sonic boom.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by FireMoon

You are misinformed about Doppler. And about my level of expertise. There is nothing that can change, accentuate or diminish the Doppler effect other than the velocity of the medium, velocity of the microphone/ear or velocity of the source.

Cupping your hands over your ears simply creates a resonant cavity between your hands and your ears, which acts similar to a band pass filter to selectively boost a range of frequencies and reduce by occlusion frequencies that do not diffract easily around your hands (the mid highs and up).

So it is a linear time invariant change of the sound. Any microphone, provided that it is not distorting, is linear and time invariant. If it is distorting, it is still time invariant, although not linear.

Time invariance makes it impossible for any microphone or other means of acoustic filtering to simulate or exaggerate Doppler. Because doppler changes the actual timeline at which each wave crest reaches the microphone, when compared to the time the wave is actually emitted.

The only way you can create, increase, or diminish Doppler without resorting to moving the microphone or the source (or the medium) is by using a fractional digital delay line and moving the tap (in realtime) or by resampling so that the resampling rate varies over the time of the recording.

I suppose if I cup my hands and RUN pass the speakers I would get some small Doppler effect, although for that matter, I don't need to cup my hands to do that.

While we are on the subject of microphones, any camcorder would probably overload and distort when a jet passes. So your overly complicated, although almost accurate explanation (with the only objection being your interpretation of Doppler) is unnecessary: If this recording was made by a camcorder, the microphones would have overloaded at some point while the jets were passing and the sound would have been distorted.

Thanks for trying

-rrr

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by zaiger

Zaiger, is there any particular reason you are so condenscing and flippant about these subjects? I mean, other than the fact you think yourself smarter than everyone else of course.

I came to this site to discuss things like this. Not have "lol fake!" comments tossed around like popcorn at a wedding. You are barely civil in your responses. Your posting of something completly non-related reeks of disinfo. Not that I'm saying you are some disinfo agent, but that's a typical ploy: to post something ridiculous, to try to make the subject matter seem in turn, ridiculous. Is there a point to this? This is after all, a UFO forum.

I "debunk" many things that I feel are ridiculous, or ideas that lack common sense, but I am never rude as some of you are. Just trying to understand why.

new topics

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join