It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO in Spain

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Spinotoror
Well, to me sounds he is gallego.

i'm no expert in spanish accent so he is gallego.
peace

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Still going with, hard to believe but haven't been presented with any real substantial evidence that its a fake. Being a flight medic for several years (and growing up an Air Force brat and being around aviation for most of my life) I didn't see or hear anything that made me go 'omg its fake' lol

What I have seen is a lot of ego and people actually seem to be very upset that it hasn't been quickly labeled a hoax and moved?? You guys actually do more to make this credible than to debunk it.

Thanks to those who have done some of the translations. I don't know much about fishing boats over there, but would it be a similar situation to our boats out of Alaska? Where people from all over the US would go spend a season on a boat? That would account for all the different dialects/accents of the fisherman? I had a good buddy from Texas that went fishing every season out of Alaska, I can just imagine him on a boat with NY'ers, Alaskan natives and maybe some Canadians and other foreigners, he had some pretty funny stories.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by upnorthtrip

Speak in english so anyone can understand.

There are some black helicopters. The ones we use usually have the navy painting like the american ones, and other military aircraft/helicopters use green and brown camuflage paintings, and have our national insignias.

Why do I think is relevant to speak about portugal? Because like I stated before, Portugal has a huge ocean territory, and we do patrol that area. 90% of the activities regarding our sea territory are patrolled by portuguese ships, or occasionally spanish ships, and aircraft/helicopters.

Because of the drug "business" we have heavy patrolling around our borders and we even use submarines to do that.

ANY weird situation in this area (close or far from the coast) would have some connection with the portuguese/spanish authorities. PERIOD.

The helicopter in the video is a A-star. This is a commercial helicopter, cheap and easy to fly, but is used mainly on short range missions (again, that's why they use it mainly in urban situations).

This helicopter isn't used for military or Coastal Guard duty. They have much faster/better helicopters to do that. They wouldn't risk use a helicopter that could cause some problems. And the distance from the coast isn't relevant in this.

Some helicopter spain uses:

BO 105:

(they have them in many colors, from red (emergency department) to yellow (fire) and white (National Guard). But for example, I'll post the black version)

Cougar:

The Puma/Super Puma are very similiar to the Cougar, so I'm not presenting any image.

EC 135 (already mentioned in other posts):

And the wonderfull (I love it) NH 90:

In Portugal we use the SA 136:

And the others are similar to Puma, so no point in posting images.

The helicopter in the video IS this one:

The Aerospatiale AS-350.

The A-star doesn't carry any weapons, so that rulles out any interceptor mission. It's a survaillance helicopter, that's why police in the US use them so much.

Guess who uses them a lot too? Schools and travel agencies (those that take you on tours around a city and such)... The same companies that RENT them for ANY legal use, like.......making a movie.

Before I joined the airline company where I work, I worked for my school, and I made a lot of "stupid" flights, like taking a couple for sights and the guy in the middle of the flight asked the girl for marriage...

The theory that this could be a helicopter rented to use in a movie is perfectly plausible, and it's not that expensive, if you want to make some good stuff...

That's why we see this helicopter being used "by the military" in so many LOW-BUDJET movies.

[edit on 30/9/09 by Tifozi]

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by FireMoon

Originally posted by rickyrrr

Originally posted by FireMoon
Simply throwing terms like Doppler Effect into your post, might fool a few naive people, i doubt you have a single clue as to how it actually works in relation to, what is in effect, a point source stereo microphone as it is panned with the motion of the object in frame, not a classic static X Y array as used in movies.

The Doppler effect does not depend on the microphone used. Funny that by throwing out names of microphone arrangements you are doing the same thing you are accusing the other guy of doing. Did you just learn those from Wikipedia?

-rrr

You saying I am lying about being a recording engineer? That's dangerous ground to tread on. Having said that, only been doing it for 30 years..Ie ive probably forgotten more in the last 30minutes than you will ever know about sound recording

That's great, because if you are a recording engineer, I think that there is about a 50/50 chance that you use products designed by ME.

There is almost a 100% chance that you have audio software on your personal computer, or the one at your studio, that I wrote or contributed to in one way or another.

Still, I don't care how long you have been a recording engineer, you are certainly not the only one on ATS, and judging from your statements on Doppler and your replies to other members you are not the best informed, yet took a position of superiority to another member who made his best judgement based on whatever information he had. What if he isn't a recording engineer? maybe he is a physicist who specializes on acoustics. The type of microphone used was irrelevant for the argument he was making and you, either know that and brought it up to show how much you know, or don't know that. in which case, you need to be better informed.

Credentials do not substitute for factual accuracy. The doppler effect does not depend on the microphone type used. It only depends on position and relative motion. And your attitude of accusing others of stepping on a domain that they don't know is uncalled for.

en.wikipedia.org...

Oh, and words like "dangerous ground to tread on" do not intimidate me. Your assumptions about my knowledge are revealing about your character.

-rrr

[edit on 30-9-2009 by rickyrrr]

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by upnorthtrip

Originally posted by Spinotoror
Well, to me sounds he is gallego.

i'm no expert in spanish accent so he is gallego.
peace

I'm not an expert on that accent (I'm talking about gallego) neither. But that's what I think

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 10:48 AM
link   
BTW

To those debating sound...

This isn't a sound from a jet fighter. Is a sound from a AIRLINER aircraft.

The jet fighters don't make that high pitch whistle before passing(only in iddle).

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 11:02 AM
link   
having just looked into the types of helicopters, I would say it looks more like the AS-355 - have a look at this link - en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Unsane

They are the same.

The difference between the 350 and 355 is the number of engines. One or two.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by toepick
Still going with, hard to believe but haven't been presented with any real substantial evidence that its a fake.

OH FOR CHRIST SAKE..

Thasts it for me, lunatics can rule this thread - it crashed into the forbidden land LONG ago, I should have shuttled out then..

Bloody hell, the ignorance here is pathetic.

I give up.

YOU- YOU ALL OF YOU.. RE-READ THE DAMN THREAD. FFS.

"its not enough for me.. wah wah"

NOTHING WILL EVER SWAY YOU.

ARGH.

good riddance... STOP SCREWING IT UP FOR THE REST OF US.

ARGH.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Again: They didn't need to hire jet fighters or a helicopter.

They just happened to stumble upon a military training excersise and were told to leave,and return to port.

All they did was insert a very small blurry UFO, and a spash (which if you watch the zoomed in version on you tube) occurs WAY to the right of where the "UFO" hits the water.

I guess adding effects to a background of a real churning sea is actually quite hard. So mistakes were made.

But again This CAN be done on no budget.

Just being in the right place at the right time.

and now that we have the translation of the fisherman, I'm even more convinced the above scenario is what happened.

Why do they want thier faces and boats name blurred out..... Well because they're hoaxers. IF this was real they'd show thier faces, and have nothing to hide. HUGE RED FLAG.

I see water disturbance from the helicopter, it's obvious. It gets less as the Heli flies away too.

Which makes me believe everything in the video is real except the CGI "USO" diving down and the really poor "Splash" effect.

But again no way to say any videos nowadays are 100% real or 100% fake with the level of CGI software available to the public.

[edit on 30-9-2009 by Nola213]

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Tifozi

So not only you are an expert in languages but also on aircrafts sounds! My respect!!
Please just tell me, in your opinion and as an expert, who produced the movie and why??
I'm not expert in nothing, but if you came here to Scotland you could find fishermans speaking Filipino , Korean ,Portuguese French etc...
Oh by the way, just because that was supposed to be in Galicia and, according to your logic, it should be common knowledge in Portugal... most of people there (in Portugal) doesn't even know what El País is, or TV Galicia and so on.
Can you debunk this in a intelligent way, not using totally irrelevant stuff? Next is what : the sky looks like china at 3:00 am ?? (sorry for my English)

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tifozi
reply to post by Unsane

They are the same.

The difference between the 350 and 355 is the number of engines. One or two.

I def. agree that its a twin-squirrel, but its very dull black, and with only that small insignia or number on its tail, its a shame we can't make out its number..that would answer a lot of questions lol

Any idea what government agency or police might use those? I know the military doesn't.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 11:29 AM
link   
People that are just reading the first and lasts posts should really go back through and read the thread. Its was prooven to be CGI both the sound and video had major signs of tampering. For those of you that refuse to read the thread watch the video again without sound. Is there any difference between the jets and the UFOs or do they look to be the same black dot?

[edit on 30-9-2009 by zaiger]

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 11:31 AM
link   
It might be faked but it was GREAT!!!

I thought it was done better than some so-called Sci-Fi tv series that we see week in and out!

Well done to the makers I say!

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by zaiger

I agree it must be faked.

But PROVED it is fake, sorry mate but we must be reading different threads

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by zaiger

Since you are not reading everything either I will restate my previous post which you must have missed as well:

What I have seen is a lot of ego and people actually seem to be very upset that it hasn't been quickly labeled a hoax and moved?? You guys actually do more to make this credible than to debunk it.

Your position is clear and well noted, however there is still discussion on going and clearly your version is not fully accepted by all, if you don't have additional meaningful contributions to make other than 'i told you so your all idiots', I wish you would refrain from posting..

I found this to be interesting btw, didn't know that squirrels were actually used by a military in such an intensive application: Fennec 2 - Argentina

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tifozi
reply to post by upnorthtrip

Speak in english so anyone can understand.

There are some black helicopters. The ones we use usually have the navy painting like the american ones, and other military aircraft/helicopters use green and brown camuflage paintings, and have our national insignias.

Why do I think is relevant to speak about portugal? Because like I stated before, Portugal has a huge ocean territory, and we do patrol that area. 90% of the activities regarding our sea territory are patrolled by portuguese ships, or occasionally spanish ships, and aircraft/helicopters.

Because of the drug "business" we have heavy patrolling around our borders and we even use submarines to do that.

ANY weird situation in this area (close or far from the coast) would have some connection with the portuguese/spanish authorities. PERIOD.

The helicopter in the video is a A-star. This is a commercial helicopter, cheap and easy to fly, but is used mainly on short range missions (again, that's why they use it mainly in urban situations).

This helicopter isn't used for military or Coastal Guard duty. They have much faster/better helicopters to do that. They wouldn't risk use a helicopter that could cause some problems. And the distance from the coast isn't relevant in this.

Some helicopter spain uses:

BO 105:

(they have them in many colors, from red (emergency department) to yellow (fire) and white (National Guard). But for example, I'll post the black version)

Cougar:

The Puma/Super Puma are very similiar to the Cougar, so I'm not presenting any image.

EC 135 (already mentioned in other posts):

And the wonderfull (I love it) NH 90:

In Portugal we use the SA 136:

And the others are similar to Puma, so no point in posting images.

The helicopter in the video IS this one:

The Aerospatiale AS-350.

The A-star doesn't carry any weapons, so that rulles out any interceptor mission. It's a survaillance helicopter, that's why police in the US use them so much.

Guess who uses them a lot too? Schools and travel agencies (those that take you on tours around a city and such)... The same companies that RENT them for ANY legal use, like.......making a movie.

Before I joined the airline company where I work, I worked for my school, and I made a lot of "stupid" flights, like taking a couple for sights and the guy in the middle of the flight asked the girl for marriage...

The theory that this could be a helicopter rented to use in a movie is perfectly plausible, and it's not that expensive, if you want to make some good stuff...

That's why we see this helicopter being used "by the military" in so many LOW-BUDJET movies.

Thank you for the elaborated helicopter show and explanation.

The helicopter i saw around Porto was a cougar.I can tell it because of the tail.
Almost sure that was the nh90 (black).
So...a spanish helicopter was flying around in Porto the same day this footage showed up in the web.Spooky
Maybe they were after some ufo

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by mcmauro
reply to post by zaiger

I agree it must be faked.

But PROVED it is fake, sorry mate but we must be reading different threads

Yes when you have stereo inserted into a mono track and the makers forgot to take out extra UFO's and Jets when they made the final version. And that the same black dots were used to make the UFOs AND the Jets, it was CGI.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP

Originally posted by zerbot565
will it be more compressed when "ripping" with an other video recorder program for personal analysis ?
If you convert it again then yes, if you just download the FLV video, like I did, you will see it exactly like you see it now, except for the resizing that is usually done on YouTube and other sites.

but taken it is not the original we see , how much data loss is there when one converts to flv from the original and with original i mean the one before the web video was put up ?

i mean that video isnt more then 5 mb and 5mb of good quality video is about a fraction of a second to my knowing.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Cool video.

And really, thats all to say about it. Video will never be proof as CG is so advanced that you can do some incredibly believable things with it.

The person taking the video...if he did just film what was going on...well, he personally got his disclosure or he simply added to disinformation..but thats the only one truely affected here. The rest of us must simply take this video with a grain of salt sadly.

Also, dont believe when a person here say it is or isnt CG...unless they can produce credentials that proves he is indeed proficient in the field of CGI...otherwise, he is simply speculating on what he believes.

I do CGI...I cannot produce this...but that doesnt mean it cant be produced. I think everyone needs to turn on the sci-fi channel now and again and see what can be done with some fairly basic packages (or watch some of the many movies out there with CG in it). pretend that its not a movie but some youtube video that showed up claiming to be real...you will see its almost damn near impossible to see the smoking gun proof of CGI in most well done videos (omg, gould motherships landed here!)

new topics

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join