It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO in Spain

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 07:25 PM
link   
This could be done for free actually.

Imagine this - Guys are out fishing, happen upon a military dogfighting excercise. 3 pairs of jets, and one military helicopter comes near their boat maybe to wave, maybe to tell them to leave. Who knows, the audio is suspect.

Now these cagey guys got some great video of military manuevers and a "somewhat" black but not completely military helicopter nearly landing on thier fishing boat.

All FOR FREE. Just being in the right place at the right time.

What shall we do with this amazing footage???? Well one of them dabbles in after effects or whatever, so he now has a REAL perfect backdrop to work with, again for free. All speculation, but it could have gone down like this. It could be real. It could all be fake, with todays CGI, theres no more, video evedince is proof. Even aliens getting out of ships isn't gonna cut it. You will have to winess this stuff in person to believe.

Anyhow, back to our Cagey friend...

UFO, and Sounds added to video. Viola!!! Magnifique!

You might say but...but... his acting, and he points at the ufo.

Well if a staged dogfight happened while I was out fishing ,something I'd never seen let alone been within 100 feet of; AND a helicopter is bearing down on me, I would also probably be yelling "What the F^&k is going on!!!!!" He's also pointing at the last pair of jets that come back around and leave the scene, very normal thing to do. So that's a logical place to insert CGI - UFO.

All done for free. Well minus the computer and Software, and couple hours of work IF that, I mean theres VERY little detail to the UFO, and the splash, I beat will pop up as a generic default effect for some new program. Just like the Haiti Palm Tree tops.

Hoax imo.

Cool video, don't get me wrong. But there is no way in my belief a REAL UFO would let armed fighter jets that close to it, let alone a helicopter, which moves at a snails pace compared to "real ufos".

When every report we know of says electronics fail UFO's a 100x's too fast, and we've only as a world actually got "loose" lock on a supposed UFO once in recorded history. I don't believe these 3 pair of jets and a helicopter are able to Checkmate a UFO into diving underwater for cover.....nah.

[edit on 29-9-2009 by Nola213]

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by zaiger

You're right it doesn't. But, you employing them is a sign of weakness in your argument. If what you were saying was a truth, you wouldn't need to resort to logical fallacies.

The truth is a beautiful thing because it doesn't need BS or logical fallacies to prop it up.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by fleabit
reply to post by Lee_K

Actually, this video was released by a news agency, and I'm guessing it was they who censored it out. Perhaps the people's faces at their request, but also the name on the life preserver, which was just kind of weird, imo.

Perhaps the same people who pixelated the faces and name on the preserver, overdubbed the jet sounds to make it racier for broadcast? If the original sound wasn't impressive enough, or if they subtracted it, in order to hear the voice of the crew, they might have just added in some stock jet sound to replace it. Just speculating, mind you.....I'd like to see and hear the raw footage.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by JPhish

I think that I see between a minimum of two and a maximum of four UFOs (CGI or otherwise), and something that looks like a camera or compression problem, because it does not move relative to the frame.

The "star" of the video, with a possible smaller UFO below it.

Another smaller UFO or the same smaller UFO as the in the previous image. It could also be something else.

Another UFO (or the same smaller UFO from one or both of the previous images) that moves rapidly to the right.

The same UFO as before, with the main UFO and what I think is a camera or compression problem. It's on the same spot where the UFO that is moving to the right was on the previous frame and it remains on that positiong (relatively to the frame and not the rest of the scene) for more three frames.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Nola213

star for you my friend, best explanation offered thus far.

anyone have a translation of what they are saying?

[edit on 9/29/2009 by JPhish]

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by JPhish

A translation was posted here, some pages back, by OVNIsenlaluna.

[edit on 29/9/2009 by ArMaP]

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

wow armap thanks for mapping out those frames

i wasn't and am not oblivious to these anomalies in the video. i noticed that the third time i watched it actually. But, i've seen that sort of stuff from poorly compressed and or rendered video. I simply don't think that it's enough to label this a hoax.

thanks for the link to the translation post i missed.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by OVNIsenlaluna

Unless the Fishermen are Basques and speak Basque as well as Spanish.The accent in Northern Spain and the Idioms of speech are way different to standard Spanish. They don't even speak Spanish, as most people know it, in huge parts of Catalan.

Most Americans wouldn't have a clue what what your typical Geordie or Humberside fisherman was saying even though, they ostensibly, speak the same language.

I'm quite willing to believe it is CGI. However there hasn't been a single piece of convincing explanation as to why it has to be CGI offered on this thread, so far.

I suspect...

There were at least 4 aircraft involved vectoring in from 2 directions on whatever object they were tracking. Hence no need at all for the first pair to turn. Secondly, to be flying in pairs means they were working with a wingman. That to me says they were prepared and ready for combat. Now that might well be simply a training exercise and the fishing boat was being used as the *object* they were *attacking*. Someone then thought, hey we could add a UFO to this,via CGI and it would look so cool.

They could have been on a anti smugging exercise, I know from personal experience there is still a huge amount goes on between Northern Spain and the British Isles.

As for the language. I'm sorry but the analysis is a bit lacking. People in times of stress do, in fact, resort of cliches simply because their mind is on overload and they are struggling to cope with the data they are trying to process. As such, the speech centre becomes secondary, in terms of cognitive thought and the language does indeed become a series of, often stilted, cliches.

For instance, the vast majority of dying soldiers final words, since time immemorial has been.. *Mother*. Are you saying, simply because that has become cliche, through the 100s of war movies made, you wouldn't believe any real footage you saw of a soldier dying and saying those words?

I tell you what would be suspicious. If one of the fisherman said.. " Well i'd hazard a guess it is about 10 degrees above the horizon and moving on a south westerly course at a n approximate speed of 700 knots".

They are fishermen, it is perfectly commensurate, with their experience of life to be, as we Brits say, utterly gobsmacked and for their language to slip into an almost sub conscious stream of stock phrases and cliches..

Go listen to the Colonel Halt tape from Rendlesham.Listen to how a highly trained military person suddenly, when confronted with the unusual, resorts to a series of .woooooooows... and ... this is weirds ....

I'm not saying it proves the tape is genuine, by any means, but it, seems to me, to be far more on the positive side, than the negative, to anyone who has studied the reactions people have to events that are *out of the ordinary*..

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 07:44 PM
link   
The sound of the jets feels wrong. (maybe recorded in another environment)
The perception of the helicopter in 3d seems wrong. The lighting on the upper part of the helicopter feels wrong. The helicopter flight pattern feels wrong.
The water splash feels wrong.

Fake 70%.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Thanks for that very lucid post and insight my friend...

So can what we see in the frames you so generously provided be attributed to the fact that the UFO was moving so fast it appeared in multiple frames due to camera restrictions? I am ignorant when it comes to optics and imaging so forgive me.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by JPhish
reply to post by Nola213

star for you my friend, best explanation offered thus far.

anyone have a translation of what they are saying?

Would love to know exactly what they are saying, and what the helo is yelling at them.

This is honestly one of the spookiest videos of a 'ufo' I have seen, I don't quite buy all the quick 'its fake' verdicts, at the same time I'm not saying I think its totally real either.

If its real, it seems like an honest video. I'm sure they had to go dig out the camera, turn it on, figure out where to point it, when the helicopter enters the picture he drops the camera down..to keep it safe from the rotor-wash? Spray? Not to be noticed that he is filming? If they told them to go back to port and await instructions I would presume their would be someone waiting for them, or looking for them...but then he brings the camera back up to film whats left. Some of the stationary anomalies on the video kinda looked like tiny water droplets to me, kinda hard to tell from the quality tho.

I don't know..this is just a spooky video lol

In contrast to that fake one a year or two back..the one over NYC in the helicopter, where the camera was just always conveniently pointing in the right direction and the cgi looked like cgi lol...this video here is very convincing.

Also didn't know about all the reports out of Spain, any further confirmation or reports on that?

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nola213

Cool video, don't get me wrong. But there is no way in my belief a REAL UFO would let armed fighter jets that close to it, let alone a helicopter, which moves at a snails pace compared to "real ufos".

[edit on 29-9-2009 by Nola213]

Even though, there are countless reports of UFO's,,by military and civilian pilots, who have been buzzed and *toyed* with, by UFOs?

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by alienj

There was nothing more to see, end of video. There may well have been more to see before the start of the video, but we don't see that anyway. So is the presumption is that the short story tells the long tale ?Come back as to why you think it is fake, or partially fake or what??

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 07:48 PM
link   
The chopper is not creating any downdraft onto the water..

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by CosmicTraveler
The chopper is not creating any downdraft onto the water..

Helicopters fly because of a low pressure above the main rotors created by their wing shape and fast speed cutting through the air as well as the helicopters speed through the air. Not by blowing air downward.

The helicopter is not hovering and appears to be high enough not to cause much noticeable down wash.

edit..and also after going back and looking, the water is disturbed by some rotor wash as the helo passes over the boat and than back away from it, look near the edge of the boat at the water.

[edit on 9/29/2009 by toepick]

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by JPhish
reply to post by zaiger

You're right it doesn't. But, you employing them is a sign of weakness in your argument. If what you were saying was a truth, you wouldn't need to resort to logical fallacies.

The truth is a beautiful thing because it doesn't need BS or logical fallacies to prop it up.

What im saying IS truth. If i was talking with someone logical I would not need to resort to BS

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 08:04 PM
link   
HOAX HOAX HOAX

Come on ATS, where have the skeptics all gone?

I mean I believe in aliens and such, but come on you guys actually
believe this video?

The guy clearly got out the camera cause he seen the jets fly by and
helicopter arriving. The water effect were later put it by CGI effect.
You guys think the UFO is actually going to disappear under water with
people video taping it?

Why was the guy not video taping it earlier then he did? Did you guys
not notice him pulling out the camera then not even 10 seconds in,
you see jets and helicopter.

EDIT

Note how the guy was pointing at the jets and where the jets will head, not the alien. If he was concerned with the alien he would be videotaping the
extraordinary phenomena.

[edit on 29-9-2009 by Equinox99]

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 08:05 PM
link   
If you guys can't tell this is fake, you are doomed.

The people who think the splash was because of a UFO flying away, you are totally blind, and I would go have your eyes checked. They tried to make a fake "USO", and if you slow it down, you can see the "USO" plummet into the water. It was another "UFO" that made it look like it was flying away, and because the animation was so horrible it confused all of you.

There are many things that prove this to be a hoax.

1) The guy pointing at the UFOs in the beginning is not actually pointing at the UFOs (or anything). This is because he is acting, as if he was in front of a green screen, and the objects were added in later. Watch close, his finger is way off the mark.

2) Anything making that loud of a sound, at that sea level, going that fast, would make a sonic boom. The sound is loud, and that sound would create a sonic boom if going that fast. Also, I'm sure those jets sounds are from a stock sound archive. I'm sure anyone with good research skills could find the exact jet sounds used on the net somewhere. I know I have heard them before.

Also, when the camera turns and pans, the sound from the jets still sound static, without any 3 dimensional (stereo) type of changes in the pitch and db level. It does sound like it's moving from right to left, then left to right, however the camera is turning too and that would make small noticeable changes to the pitch.

Also, there is a total lack of the Doppler effect.

3) The USO that dives into the water creates a fake splash. If you watch closely, the water falls way too fast. Also, it does not create a wave! Something of that size going into the water that fast would no doubt create a wave at least a couple feet high, but nope, it only made a splash.

4) They really messed up on the UFO's in the beginning when the fly behind the parts of the boat. They don't line up correctly, and they destroyed the smooth flight path they had when they entered the scene. They also disappear really quickly, this is both a compression error and a special effects error.

5) The helicopter I believe is real. The sounds from the helicopter actually changes when the camera moves around and pans, and the variation of pitch depending on its location is spot on. Also, I do see a down draft ripple effect on the water caused by winds from the rotor blades, but only when it turns around. However I think the words from the helicopter to return to port is fake, and added in.

6) If you actually translate the words they are speaking, you can tell they are all acting.

I think this is just a well planned, but horribly implemented fake.

It almost has the same feeling as this fake:

www.disclose.tv...

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Hello my first post here

Just posting because this video is very odd, it's too good to be true... yet, i'm Portuguese like Tifozi, and i disagree: these guys are Spanish Galicians, no doubt about it, I dont want to go very much into my opinion, not an expert, prefere to wait for ArMap...

But just two silly questions: CGI? Staged Hoax? Probably, but to me this is as good as Holywood, who goes and spend this kind of money to produce this??

Those who argument that the plains and sounds are fake, well, i really would like to see some of the "debunkers" here producing something like this, i really would.

Is this the proverbial tree in the forest??

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Definitly a hoax and here is why,

It uses soundbites that are often labled as 'Lear Jet', these are very often used in dramatic portrayals of jet aircraft, the splash in the water is 100% CGI and poor CGI at it.

I'm not a debunker but I can confidently say that this is a hoax.

AND WHY would the faces be pixeled out?

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join