It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

vampires just another species of alien?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 04:52 AM
link   
yes but how does eating us make them different from any other predator in the animal kingdom? and why does that make them inherently bad? that wud mean humans are inherently bad also every time they eat meat. is a lion inherently bad when it follows its natural instincts and eats a human? i dont think so.

i am yet to see why they are inherently bad.

inherently dangerous to humans, sure...

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 05:15 AM
link   
Actually "vampires" are nothing but victims of the disease called porphyria.
They didn't have fangs and they didn't go around sucking blood of virgins.

[edit on 9-11-2009 by Gorza]

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by rapunzel222

Mythic vampires are just like predators in the animal kingdom.
I think since the "Inteview with a Vampire" they have become a metaphor for our own ambivelant relationship to evil, cruelty and horror.
Thinking sometimes it has a wierd logic structure. We are parasites on the earth and animals, and vampires are parasites on humans. Thus they control our numbers to save us from ourselves. As such they are perfect metaphors for viruses. In another train of related metaphorical thought, aliens are similar.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by starsyren
reply to post by rapunzel222

Might I suggest reading up on Sherrilyn Kenyon's Dark-Hunter series? She's built a fantastical world full of gods and monsters, were-creatures, romance and danger. She also intertwines a great deal of greek mythology with vampirism, european legends....even provides an awesome theory for how all of it ties into Atlantis and it's demise. It'd be an excellent jumping-off point if you're looking for inspiration

Yep great series, but nothing can beat 'Black Dagger Brotherhood' series by J.R Ward.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by halfoldman

Old school vampire: The alien looking Nosferatu arises as the undead, deformed monster from the plague-ridden earth of Transylvania. Despite his horrid and revolting appearence he can hyppnotize and glamourize his lover. The exaggerated teeth and nails mirror the attributes of a carnivore, and the shrinking frame reminds us of death, plague and hunger.
Modern Vampire: Some hot guys in high-school sleep all day, kill some guys and the chicks dig them. Vampires look like Paris Hilton with a bad hangover. The silly authorities think some kids are smoking pot.
Housewives realize vampirism makes one lose weight and get high - suddenly its not only the Electrolux that sux on Wisteria Lane.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Gorza

Ahh, porphyria...the "royal" disease.
True, some of the metaphors concerning vampirism are typical of other diseases. However, let me focus on the more arcane symbolism.
Why does a vampire become invisible in a mirror?
The mirror stands for material proof, but also a mortal fortitude to face oneself. For moral reasons, the vampire can no longer do this.
Just so, many humans eat meat, but unlike our tribal forbears, we distance that as factory work for the poor. Many humans cannot face their cruel inhumanity, and their tacit co-operation with bloody and oppressive capitalist networks.
They see the fetish of the product, the brand and taste - but they would rather not face what they actually know about it, so they become invisible -like the vampire.
The vampire, is after all, just a consumer of a commodity.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 12:22 PM
link   
There is just too many things to speculate and I am getting bored. Alien vampires? I don't see why not; though to debate about it there could even be different types since they may not all be able to digest "our" blood. Our being anything and everything living on this planet that can bleed.

We will not know until its too late for some poor chap heh; that is if it even would get released.
Lets just hope they are sexy vampire vixens from Venus or something to that affect, otherwise it wouldn't be so pleasant --- yeah yeah a bit of humor but seriously... vampire vixens from Venus would be nice...

Think we will ever find out within our lifetime? If anything is around that is covered up? As I said, I'm bored avec la vie....

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Choiseul

Without re-reading the whole thread, there are fecund examples of "psychic vampires" - people who "steal" the energy of others.
The vampire is a metaphor for the alien. The alien views humanity with a disinterested distance, and does not cringe at blood and pain.
The vampire is a soldier of darkness - he does not take prisoners on humane grounds. Just like the disinterested aliens who run the UN, the vampire "releases" us from our lowly lot.
Better to die in orgasm than wargasm.

Cat and mouse-and we are mouse. (At least most of the time.)

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by halfoldman

can i ask if you're an anthropologist by any chance?

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Choiseul

maybe twilight is some sort of conditioning/preparation for disclosure.
ie. if you can make alien vampires attractive - something people LIKE /attracted to etc; people may be more willing to accept vampires living among them openly, inspite of the obvious 'issues' this situation might give rise to...???

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 05:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by the siren

Originally posted by ShadeWolf
Vampires are fictional creations from folklore with no evidence supporting them.

Tell that to the victims of Countess Elizabeth Báthory

Maybe they don't fly around in black trench coats with red lining and the collars turned up, but that's not to say there couldn't possibly exist fanged humanoid creatures that drink blood.

zactly. why not? where do all the legends worldwide come from if they dont exist?

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 06:24 AM
link   
reply to post by platipus

The 'real dracula' was completely made up aswell, just as other stories are this one is very much embellished.

Vlad was reported to not like going out in sunlight, thats something that affects people with high levels of melatonin - I count myself among them - just preferring the night over the day!

This would have also covered the fact that he was apparently pale as a milk bottle, the suffix to his name come from his particularly gruesome way of dealing with enemies, prisoners etc. Impaling them on big wooden spikes - which is where the fabled method of destroying a vampire has come from.

Aswell as the exaggerations of Bram Stoker, there was a Hungarian King who at one point was allied with Vlad, Matthias Corvinus, he basically promoted Vlad as evil as he was recieving payouts from Rome for the war against the Ottomans, a war he hadn't actively engaged in. At this point he had locked Vlad up aswell so using these horror stories he was able to blag money out of Rome and justify locking up the Prince to the pope.

So Vlad was pretty unlucky really with the picture history paints of him.. although if you read up on sources, he really was a man without mercy.

Interesting fact - Vlad's one time ally Corvinus, is the same name given to the 'forefather' of vampires in the Underworld films.
Whereas in real life he was the forefather to the vampire legend in rather a different way!

[edit on 23-11-2009 by ItsallCrazy]

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by ravenshadow13

yes but the chupacubras animal corpses and mutes that i mentioned with the two puncture marks or one puncture mark ALSO are DRAINED OF BLOOD or exsanguinated. which tends to suggest that whatever made the marks also SUCKED THE BLOOD. probably, with its mouth.

now, what do we know of that might go around doing that?

oh, a vampire.. or in the culture or religions of other people - a bloodsucking demon creature.

this stuff happens worldwide btw.

and as for the direct link to vampires - well on one hand, you have the corpses with bite marks drained of blood, of humans and animals. and on the other hand, you have numerous depictions in art and religion and folklore of fanged humanoid creatures called demons and vampires that are said to feed by sucking blood out of people with two fangs in their mouths.

i call it a link...

or at least, very interesting..

[edit on 24-4-2010 by rapunzel222]

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 09:01 PM
link   
also i should add: are these vampire aliens at the top of the illuminati (poss as well as reptilians?) - and maybe some other species as well?

you know the 'devil' sign with teh two fingers raised that bush his wife, and many other politicians and rock stars make. someone here suggested it resembles two fangs.

well here's an interesting coincidence: there is a depiction of a fanged creature on a temple in bhutan that is making the same gesture wiht its fingers. there is alot of depictions of fanged creatures and humanoids on temples and tranditional costumes and masks of bhutan (land of the dragon btw).

also the masonic ritual of lying in a coffin and drinking blood - skull and bones club so i hear - is interesting too....in view of this.

do these people know who they may be worshipping?

or are they okay iwth that?

after all, this relligion has been going on for some time now.

interesting - even christiantiy has rituals about drinking blood and eating the body of someone. where wine represents blood.

also it has a bit about 'resurrection ' or 'rising from the dead' which vampires are known to do...

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join