It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Revealed: Death Row Inmates' Last Words

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:
MBF

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by FredT
meh...

I could care less about the last words of these killers.

I know I know Everybody in jail is innocent :shk:

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

Just last year, a man was jailed that was innocent that I know and I know the judge that ordered him jailed. He spent over a year in jail before the right person got him out. When I saw the judge, I asked him if he had jailed any more innocent people and he held his head down and said that that one slipped through and that he had a legitimate court order to have him locked up. He was jailed for not repaying money to the state about a child support deal when he had two DNA tests that proved that he was not the father. I told the judge that there was law and there was common sense and sometimes you had to use the common sense. He agreed. The man still lost a year of his life unnecessarily.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by lpowell0627
I really can't see one positive thing coming out of releasing the last words of criminals being executed. If they wanted to release this information, it should have been to the family or the victims -- nobody else.

ever heard of deathbed confessions?

i bet there's a few gems of posthumous whistleblower material hidden within all those statements...

-

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

A Star and a Flag for you ironorchid OP and a Star for you silo13... Sorry for coming on board so late I have only just seen this thread and had to make a comment as there are too many bleeding hearted liberial who are responsible for further suffering.

You want to know what sicken me? When one of these societies outcast is jailed and a liberal bleeding heart parole board turns these misfits loose to practise their trade again on the innocent public. Only this time with the knowledge they have learned from the inside.

I think who ever is responsible for the misfit to harm another individual by letting this deviant free should have to answer to the next victim or if she/he is not arround then their immediate family.

This goes for the Judges who past a too lenient jail sentiences, the jury who did not get it at the trial or the parole board who thought the criminal should have another chance because they found god or done "good" time.

Many on the death row should have been in jail for life for previous convictions before they did what they did to arrive on death row and that really makes me sad. They were caught and let go without those responsible for the release to take responsibility for their actions letting another victims family to suffer.

If you have proven yourself not worthy to live among us then why should we as society feed, educate, give you health and shelter more tax dollar spent on you than the victim and or the victims family? And why for godsake do they give these misfits another chance?

Imagine the pain that goes through the brain when the relatives hear that this condemn prisoner was in jail before for some horrific act and then release early to do the harm that they did to be on death row now?

It isn't until the bleeding hearted liberal like the one who knocked you silo13 has a family member done in by some horribly cruel act that none of us would like to envision in our minds eye to reach this understanding that we have. Then of course it is too late......again!

The Death Penalty is not revenge it is to protect society or the next victim.

edited to fix typos. Typing faster than thinking..... Nearly frozen and the mind is numb

[edit on 10/11/2009 by IceHappy]

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by silo13
Thank goodness for DNA and forensics.

While both have contributed greatly to justice, both are still very very much fallible... even the mighty DNA test can and does have big issues in terms of accuracy. There are quite a number of cases where criminals have years latter been found to be innocent due to botched DNA lab tests and shoddy forensic work.

Innocent men have been killed before and will continue to do so... that alone is reason enough to stop the death penalty. Unless your attitude is the odd innocent is fine as long as you get the majority of scum bags who arent.

The death penalty is an archaic form of punishment pure and simple. And should only be given to those who truly are un-remorseful repeat offenders. Not pro crim, just anti-death penalty, since one day it might just be yourself fighting for your innocence while the 'tests' say otherwise.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 09:16 PM
link   
It's not murder to shoot a rabid dog that will rip you to shreds the minute it's let out of it's cage. It's self-defense.

If you take something from someone you need to pay them back with something of equal worth. If what you have taken from them is their life then the only thing of (arguably) equal worth is your own life.

Apologies and adding insult to injury by having the victims family keep paying for your upkeep just doesn't cut it.

I don't think anyone should rejoice in the death of another, even if that other person is a monster. It's a sad fact of nature that some animals are just too dangerous to let loose and must be put down.

I have no objection to having their last words available to the public but I personally am not interested in what they have to say. Their actions spoke much louder than their words ever could.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Wow!

First off....Wow.....*Silence*

This are some ominous words. I cannot stop reading them. I want to share these statements with the world...

Guilty or Not, I do not understand why the death penalty is never brought up amongst world leaders. Why is our prison population never addressed by our world leaders. The United States NEEDS to figure out the situation.

It's a mess.

JUST TO BE CLEAR,

I believe the guilty should spend eternity in a cell. There is no better torture.

I do not understand the death penalty.

Thank you for posting this!

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 10:15 PM
link   
It's actually very sad to read the last statements, but what's even sadder is to read what happened to the victim's they murdered. Heinous, heinous crimes here. I might not be in favor of the death penalty, but neither would I want these guys walking around free. Very, very dangerous people they were.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Raist

Forgiveness is vital to inner progress.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 10:43 PM
link   
I did not realize they were not available to the public for some reason.

I went the the Huntsville state prison museum in Huntsville Texas, years ago. They had all kinds of things from weapons made by inmates all the way to an old electric chair.

I remember at the last exhibit was a bunch of plaques. It had pictures of inmates. Written on each plaque was the crime committed and the last words of some inmates that were put to death. It also had a victim family statement.

It was very sad. I recall most of them inmates were sorry. Some were only sorry because they were going to die, and others had no remorse what so ever.

Seeing that I always assumed that the last words of death row inmates was available to the public but never really cared to look into it. I guess these were just a few that had special permission to be released?

Oh well. Very sad.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join