It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Revealed: Death Row Inmates' Last Words

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

Again with murdering the murderer.

Seriously, if one cannot see the hypocrisy in that then all hope is lost.

Do you prefer they put them in a confined space with only one hour of recess a day?

IMO, they will only go crazy under these conditions and are more likely to injure or kill guards if given the opportunity.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Shadowflux

If there was massive evidence supporting the idea that someone raped and murdered a bunch of kids I'd say he should face the death penalty, I just feel like Death should be a harder thing to sentence someone to.

Well, I agree.
Death should be the harder thing to sentence someone to, unless the killer is guilty of a sex crime/murder or a sex/murder crime involving a child.
Thank goodness for DNA and forensics.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Well put Silo.

Very rough indeed.

We never will know the last words of the victims be them Male, Female or Child.

I say if they are guilty let them ride the lightning!

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by jam321

Jam,

For people who refuse to pull their head out of solitary confinement (up their hind sides), this is what I have to say.

Rape and beat and maim and mutilate these criminals and then kill them? Yeah, then maybe the term hypocritical might be, just might be applicable.

Give them a last meal, a visit with their spiritual guide, a little stick in the arm to start an IV and then help them to pass on to sleep like a beloved pet?

NOT.

End of discussion.

[edit on 29-9-2009 by silo13]

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

When the man/woman does not want to die and is forcefully executed THAT IS MURDER. PERIOD. You don't need to take into account beatings and torture to define Murder.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by lpowell0627

I really can't see one positive thing coming out of releasing the last words of criminals being executed. If they wanted to release this information, it should have been to the family or the victims -- nobody else.

Once convicted of a felony, you become the property of the state you
were convicted in, until however you are released. their final statements,
property of the state to do with whatever the state sees fit. the legalities.
just my 2 copper pennies on their eyes.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 11:41 AM
link   
I wonder how many begged for mercy?

Hopefully the majority begged and pleaded, that would make me feel good.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kryties
reply to post by silo13

When the man/woman does not want to die and is forcefully executed THAT IS MURDER. PERIOD. You don't need to take into account beatings and torture to define Murder.

Personally, I would like to see them die the Same Way their Victoms died! When you take a life you give yours. Do you want them to just be let loose to kill again? Do you want us to keep them in prison for life letting them enjoy what they forcefully took from an innocent person?

[edit on 29-9-2009 by Iseekthetruth!!!!!!!!]

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by jd140

None, that I've read.

It's pretty sick to feel good, hearing ANYONE beg for their life.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Iseekthetruth!!!!!!!!

Personally, I would like to see them die the Same Way their Victoms died! When you take a life you give yours. Do you want them to just be let loose to kill again? Do you want us to keep them in prison for life letting them enjoy what the forcefully took from an innocent person?

Oh, don't get me wrong, I agree completely.

THe thing is though we live in a society that says the rules of punishment are thus and so, and, if we did not adhere to those rules we would be hypocrites in deed.

So, in order to avoid such folly, the rapist child murderers get an easy out.

I know, it doesn't seem just, but, it's the rules we have to live by.

But what we don't need is to glorify anything these people have to say.

Keep their last words to themselves - anything else is tabloid and an insult to the victims.

[edit on 29-9-2009 by silo13]

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by silo13
Oh, and by the way.
When the killers want to record the last words, the dying words of their victims to pass on to their families?
Then I’ll give a *Bleep* what they have to say on their way out.

You bleeding hearts make me want to puke!

Have you thought for even ONE MOMENT what the LAST THOUGHTS, what the LAST WORDS were of the VICTIMS?

‘Help! OH GOD would someone PLEASE HELP ME!’

‘NOOOOOOO, no no no , no pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee, don’t do that! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, stop it, oh my God NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, please stop it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!’

‘Mommy, I want my Mommy, please, let me gooooo I just want my Mommy, please let me go please please please, I promise not to tell anyone, I promise never to be bad again, pleaseeeeeeeeeee I want my MOMMMY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!“

“My eyes are closed, my eyes are closed, I promise, I didn’t see you, please, my eyes are closeeeedddddddddd, ohmygof ohmygod ohmygod, I wont tell, I wont, I promise I wont tell, please please, don’t kill me, please don't ki...”

And then, there are the ones, who all they can do is, scream...

Now tell me I should give a *bleep* what the killers have to say.

Why not have sympathy for both? To me, both reflect the tragedy of the human condition. There's no such thing as righteous hate, my friend.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by ninecrimes

Originally posted by jd140

None, that I've read.

It's pretty sick to feel good, hearing ANYONE beg for their life.

I don't feel any sympathy towards murderers and rapists.

Yes I want to hear them beg for their lives, just like they had to hear their victims beg for theirs. After they beg, we kill them, just like they killed their victims.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Donnie Darko

I agree with you, Donnie.

There is tragedy on both ends. But I think the real tragedy is the people fuming to one another, here on this forum.

Though, the amount of hate flowing on this thread makes me think it's safe to say that the participants are too close-minded to understand how we must look to whomever may be watching us, from above (aliens, a god, the owner of the fish bowl we call Earth, who knows?).

Have pitty on the destitute, have compassion for the wicked and love those who hate even yourself. That is the only path to truth and enlightenment.

Hate only provides the foundation for more hate.

Judge less. Observe more.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 01:34 PM
link   

reply to post by silo13

That murdering the murderer is hypocrisy.

Murdering a murder may be hypocrisy but this isn't murder. Just like it isn't murder to kill in self-defence.
I agree that the death penalty is handed out too easily but I still believe that there should be a death penalty. I may think that it currently doesn't require enough evidence and that the specifications to get the death penalty may be wrong but I still believe that it should still be there. Just that the rules surrounding it should be altered.
As for letting the last words be known I have no problem with that. Even scum can come out with something meaningful just before the end and like someone else said earlier I find last words to be quite important. It isn't glorifying them, it's just for the record.

-Cauch1

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by ninecrimes

Hello Ninecrimes

I had very mixed feelings about the release of these final words, but after reading your posts and seeing how they have made you think about the whole thing, then surely at least some good has come of it already.

I know that the US justice system is very different and I cannot really speak for that, but we in the UK have got it wrong too many times to condem a man to death. Apostumous pardon has a very hollow ring to it.

Admittedly with improved forensics prosecutions are much tighter now but too many cases have too much room for doubt.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 03:09 PM
link   

reply to post by silo13

You are WRONG, SIR. Someone executed by means of capital punishment has been deemed by a jury to be incorrigible and certain to violate again if released into society.

Capital punishment is what it says - PUNISHMENT. But it's as much punishment for the killer as it is justice for those personally affected, just as it is protection for the rest of society.

Capital punishment, AKA the death sentence is PUNISHMENT, NOT MURDER. PERIOD.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 05:22 PM
link   
The eeriest part is knowing that some of those who were executed were undoubtedly innocent. Our criminal justice system is far from perfect and, much as we'd like to think otherwise, mistakes are made all the time.

Although I learned something from these statements, I wouldn't recommend releasing the last words of a prisoner without the permission of the condemned and/or their family.

Some people exalt in the suffering of others, and that trait should not be encouraged.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 02:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shadowflux
What scares me is how easy it is to be prosecuted and found "guilty" just because the court system isn't really about proof and innocence, it's about convincing a small group of people, most having little knowledge of the law, that you are guilty.

Your fate is put in the hands of 12 random people, how often do you find 12 random people you'd trust with your life?

Also thos 12 random people have to be pro death penalty. You cannot be on the jury if you are against the death penalty... doesn't seem fair to me.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 03:34 AM
link   
reply to post by ironorchid

Wow, the bloodlust in this thread...

I do not believe in state sanctioned execution.

Why? Because I do not believe that any state sanctioned justice system can ever be fair, impartial or correct all of the time. If there's a chance that one of these men is innocent, then it's a putrid crime against humanity that they were executed.

Seriously, with the increasing police/terror powers being swept in to most developed countries, ask yourself how easy it would be for a few corrupt cops to absolutely frame you for something that you did not do. I know someone who was framed, only a minor offence with little consequence, but as an innocent person, he didn't appreciate the police gun being put in his face during 'questioning'.

One of the biggest fears that I have in this life is being framed by a corrupt, illegal injustice system and being confined as the state's bitch for something that I didn't do.

I've started reading the statements and will finish the rest tonight. I see no problem with them being published and read. It's an insight to the human mind. Nothing morbid or grim.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Interesting reading.

The death penalty makes no sense:

1) As others have pointed out, innocent people are put on death row. If 1% of people that are put to death are innocent, then I can't see the worth. Would you give your own life today for 99 killers to die?

2) I think the ability to feel compassion for these people is important.

I know, it sounds wrong. But, in my view they are simply humans like the rest of us. Because of their genetic makeup mixed with the specific chain of events that was their life (a certain upbringing, environment, etc) they became the individuals they were. I believe if brought up in the right circumstances any human being is capable of the same atrocities.

Many will deny this. But we are just animals, and like a dog, our brains can be neglected or trained to kill/harm. Some breeds of dog might be more prone to this type of behavior..but..

3) Rather then kill these people, we should study and examine them, and make societal changes accordingly. We could also study their brains and discover which children are at greater risk of becoming this way, and take preventitive measures.

Otherwise, new killers are simply born everyday. We are just treating the symptoms rather then the disease. The problem won't stop until we weed out the viruses in humankind which include things such as hard drugs, religious extremism, sociopathy, etc.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join