It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Here comes an other one... [Indonesian earthquake calculated, more to come!!]

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by operation mindcrime
reply to post by operation mindcrime

WHAT AN EPIC FAIL!!!! This thread should be labeled HOAX and the OP should have his.....ohh wait...

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by digger2381
Let's go for 2 for 2, what are the winning Powerball numbers for tomorrow's drawing?

That would be 3-11-19-25-33 PB=17

Please u2u those to me. I don't want to split the pot 2000 ways.

It's better to share........

Peace

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Earth Quake off Somao ? does that count as a hit ?

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Ok, I have a decision on this Mind Crime at least as far as I'm concerned.
My judgement on this is, even if you don't get another quake this size in
the time frame you described. The fact that a quake the size you mention in this very thread, did hit within 24 hrs of your posting.
Should by no means go unnoticed, even more so I would have to give you a direct hit sir.
You have my respect straight up, I am amazed. It's hard to say what to call this though.Well even to down play this and call it a lucky guess
makes it no less amazing. well done stud, well done. I'm sure to face heavy oppisition on this, so my kanines are ready to shread.

you get a star a flag and a cookie oh and braggin rights in my book

[edit on 29-9-2009 by randyvs]

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Thank you for the kind words Randyvs,

I did however "predicted" this would happen beginning of the month in this thread

This has nothing to do with predicting. If i flip a coin and predict it will be heads it will make me a prophet half the time......

Next "major' quake will be round the 4th of October

I'm not to sure about the addition to the prediction that another one will hit within the given timeframe but atleast we'll have something to look forward to over the weekend....

Anyway, it's all science and can be explained.

Peace

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 02:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by digger2381
You do realize that the 1st-90th parallel covers pole to the pole, with the exception of 1 degree on either side of the equator. So that's a bunk prediction.

The claim of one coming from 10/2-10/5 would not encompass one occurring on 9/29. Fail.

And as to predicting one, with an average of 18 earthquakes per year that measure above the 7.0 level, and only 6 having occurred so far this year, it is a statistical probability that one would come soon.

I just had to reply to you digger,

You may not know it but ever since i joined ATS i have been having "some" problems with predictions and prediction threads. Especially the webbot technology is one i don't believe to be very accurate when it comes to predicting major geological events...

Failed prediction thread after failed prediction thread i stated that the webbot is about as accurate as a drunk taking a p*ss and by logical reasoning you could achieve a better "hit-ratio"....(webbot has about a 25% hit ratio)

Untill last month were a thread was posted by Nydsdan about the latest webbot prediction..

Quake Prediction: Sept 2-5

This prediction almost hit within the stated timeframe and in the estimated area (32th and 34the parallel north or south).....

So obviously all the webbot enthusiasts went nuts over their succes and although it wasn't exactly correct, i even have to admit it was close enough....

So i set out to prove that "predicting" these events doesn't require a $10,- subscription to a bunch of clairvoyants who ,i suspect, use the same scientific data as i did to "predict" these events......

People are too quick to hop on and accept a "prediction" as truth without looking at the science behind it.

You see the irony in this last statement?? This wasn't a genuine prediction but a prediction based upon scientific data....

- A low total amount of "earthquakes in the last 7 days" (< 160 )
- An upcoming full moon
- Anomalous quakes in the periode leading up to the next full moon

seem to be the decisive factors in "predicting" these events.

Peace

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 04:12 AM
link   
I read your this thread yesterday morning, close to 24hrs ago and did not think much about it. While on the way to work this afternoon I heard the news about a giant earthquake in the South Pacific at an 8.3 mag! This first thing I thought of was your thread. For you to look at such data and to predict anything within a couple of days is interesting. Good work! Looking forward to this weekend to see if your true prediction(or reading the data) comes true. I live on the central coast of California so any mention of big quakes sparks my interest, and with Tsunami warnings going on where I live, I will be paying close attention.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 04:40 AM
link   
I woke up about 4am this morning. Emptied the bladder, and I never look at the net when I get up.

Read this cos it was new. Totally blown away just thought wow. Feel so sad for the lives lost.
I have a passion for natural disasters.

The sick twisted mind says DESTRUCTION.

I love it because it is natural.

Anyway. Leave the OP alone have a look at usgs. The quakes just aren't letting up and they all around the 5 mark since then.

He may just be right. Tho I hope not. 1 biggie is too much.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 05:37 AM
link   
Anybody catch the latest 7,9 quake near Indonesia......that's closer to what i was talking about.....

back in a few...

Peace

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 05:44 AM
link   
My own take on it would be that since the OP was looking at the pattern and predicting the next chain in tha pattern, his being off by a few days only means that the chain is running faster than he calculated. That doesn't mean he was wrong, it means he was very right, but that it's happening faster even than he calculated and that there's likely more to come, maybe even around this full moon.

[edit on 30-9-2009 by TheIrvy]

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 06:51 AM
link   
reply to post by TheIrvy

i'll admit that it is peaking to early.....full moon is Sunday so i'm still expecting an interesting weekend.

Charts are no good anymore but since the recent Sumatra quake i'm still convinced that south america is next in line with a M6.0 or bigger and then on to the north-americam westcoast......

we'll see...

Peace

looking back it might also be that both the southern and the northern quake might combine into a one reasonably big quake somewere between L.A. and Mexico city by Saturday/Sunday.

[edit on 30/9/2009 by operation mindcrime]

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Accurate prediction yesterday I see.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 07:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

Was it a prediction?? Or a calculated guess??

I calculated and guessed....that must make it a prediction i guess

Peace

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 07:42 AM
link   
It could have been a lucky guess, that's always a possibility. You didn't make a "ooooh, the spirits have spoken to me" prediction, you appear to have spotted what seems to be a pattern in the progression of the quakes. I guess we'll just have to wait and see if there's another big quake that fits the pattern within a reasonable set of parameters.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 07:57 AM
link   

All right 6:45 a.m my time. I jump online to find a 7.9 struck at 3:16 a.m
indonesia. at 2:51 a.m. your talking about the posibilty of another one
at 7.0 level. Ionly have one question for you.What the hell is going on with
you Mind Crime? Seems to me you can't call them fast enough.

I bet any one from down there is thinking damn Mind Crime can you stop predicting earthquakes?

unbelievable

By my perception ,the world was realetivly quiet until you started popin off.
Thinking about that ,I'm having to look at you over the brim of my glasses,
and I don't wear glasses.

[edit on 30-9-2009 by randyvs]

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 07:58 AM
link   
reply to post by TheIrvy

The most logical would be that things remain active for the next couple of weeks with the "Latest Earthquakes in the World - Past 7 days" between 210 and 250 then some quiet time and then around the 2de of november (next full moon) a big bang around one of four hotspots....

Peace

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Holy! as Ronald Reagan once said ,"There you go again." I'd frieken stop if
I were you.
Hell I'd retire!
I also am in So. Calif. so I'm now at least a follower, if not a full blown fan.
At least until you make that one prediction that's not even close.
Then, it's the American way and I drop you like a hot plate.

[edit on 30-9-2009 by randyvs]

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 08:12 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

The way you put it it would almost seem unbelievable, wouldn´t it..

We´ll see what happens....

Peace

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by operation mindcrime
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

Was it a prediction?? Or a calculated guess??

I calculated and guessed....that must make it a prediction i guess

Peace

Sometimes humans have calculated guesses SUBCONCIOUSLY or CONCIOUS PREDICTIONS either way your senses were sensing something for you to post it w/ confidence.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 11:49 AM
link   
So wasn't there a 7.9 er in Indonisia last night then????

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join