It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Free Polanski" = Liberals gone crazy

page: 28
<< 25  26  27    29 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by sanchoearlyjones

Sadly my friend this is a classic case of typical manipulation, get people wound up to the emotional extreme and then once you have everyone engaged to that end, deeply wrapped up in thier own arguments, frustrated from the inability to not convince anyone and looking for some greater understanding and direction...you go ahead and plant the real seed that you want and connect the dots towards that seed hoping to be able to rapidly grow it in to fruit.

I am not going to speculate as to how Skyfloating might attempt to rebut or disavow what he himself ultimately made pain stakingly obvious but I will say I for one am glad he ultimately had to make it obvious in order to accomplish what he set out to via the all to often used art of emotional manipulation and unballancing people with angry and absolute rhetoric.

It is what it is and ultimately his rebuttal can't overcome what he himself put into those words.

Ultimately intelligent people will see it for what it is.

One can only hope that people still have the capacity and the ability and desire to learn to think down a level or two, up a level or two, over a level or two and learn to better identify when they are being emotionally manipulated so that they won't ask questions, so that they won't take time to search our all the facts and pros and cons of an issue, so that they will just react and do what authority would like them too.

We see the main stream media wind people up all day long in this manner, as animated and angry and indignant news show personalities whip their audiences and viewers into a near frenzy of anger before they too connect the dots for people so that they channel that emotional reaction in the direction that government and authority and the Powers that Be want them too.

As long as people keep falling for it the world is going to be a war torn and violent place where the only justice is no justice at all but simply a might makes right mentallity that all people are manipulated into submitting too or cowered into submitting too.

The world is going to destroy itself at this rate, and ultimately as clever as some people and some nations might think they are in the ability to manipulate people through evoking their emotions and their uglier emotions is going to result in the world either destroying itself or so reducing the quality of life for people in a brainless police state that no one but the rulers and authority would have any chance at enjoying a quality of life.

To that end we who care, we who have an ability to think with out angry or greedy or fearful hearts and minds, need to always be on guard and always speak up and out against this type of manipulation where ever we see it.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

I got that warn merely for calling you a "sicko". In my opinion you are. You probably alerted it and the mod did what he had to do, i was called a "nutjob", not sure what the difference was, but oh well. That stood with no warn, because i'm not that sensitive, and don't cry to the mods when a debate gets heated. I get warns every now and again, i'm sure you have too. No big deal.

It's funny you called me a broken record though. Every post you've made is a mirror image of the last. You're stuck in your child predator support spiel. Like i've said, it's probably well practiced. You can say my mind is being controlled all you want. Everybody says that on this site to people they don't agree with. But i'm glad you don't want to debate this issue with me, i have no desire to debate with you either.

Also, about my views never having an impact on the way child predators are punished, i guess only time will tell. I will certainly continue to voice my opinion, and i'm not alone, at all. We're out there, and as much as you enjoy referring to us as "friend" on the internet sarcastically, again i assure you nothing could be more wrong.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by sanchoearlyjones

I understand what you're getting at as far as the partisan lean of the thread, something i've tried to stay away from. I enjoy and agree with your perspective on alot of threads, and i'm really curious...what are your thoughts on the other issue the thread covers? Do you feel that Polanski should be let off the hook after pleading guilty and fleeing his sentencing? Should we have stopped chasing nazis on the lam after a certain time as well?

And just to make it clear, when i talk about child predators, i'm not talking about a consentual 16 year old dating a 20 year old, or any similar situation. If the parents of a barely underage minor feel that their child is mature enough to handle sex and do so responsibly, that's a family matter, IMO.

[edit on 1-10-2009 by 27jd]

[edit on 1-10-2009 by 27jd]

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler

On the other side of the coin we have heard…

He should be executed

He should be executed in an incredibly cruel and painful manner

Nah...I can forgive the guy, even let him free. Im more worried about the people who are "disgusted" and "outraged" that he is in custody.

Ive said so many times throughout the thread. Not once have I called for execution.

Not once.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by 27jd

Still stuck on it are you friend, you exhausted all your arguments about 500 posts ago!

I think I have made it very clear to you why I have been participating in the thread, and I think I have an illustrated an important lesson that everyone would benefit from learning regarding manipulation that has absolutely nothing to do with Roman Polanski or sex with underage people, or rape.

It's great that you are passionate about the subject, it's sad you are so passionate about the subject you will never end up learning all about the case in the process.

Oh well you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by 27jd

I can answer Your questions very simply, and very concise. The reason P. was finally turned over was because of "Transparency in banking". The World We live in is of multiple realities. The most obvious World is for the massses, us, We the People, or to the Elite "We their servants, and slaves".

Polanski was allowed to skate for years by the very People who are persecuting him now; even helped. Now, though is the sacrifice. One group of Elite are handing him over in a ceremonial fashion, an offering, or sacrifice.

So, the problem I have is the double standard. The laws, legalities, and policies are enforced on the People on an as needed basis................IF a distraction weren't needed right now, then no offering, or sacrifice of Polanski would have ever been made. It is as simple as that. He is the "circus", for the Peoples bread. It is way necessary right now.

Nazis???? Again, it is a double standard of "when sacrifice, and distraction are necessary". Look up Operation Paperclip. Tons of the most deviant Nazis were brought over to work at the highest levels of US Govt.

The others were hunted in a "bread, and circus" manner when needed to distract.

Now, in writing a simple answer I have it here.

What to do with any rapist??? In the Kingdom of Sancho, the crime would be punishable by instant castration. Not surgical, but with a semi sharp, semi dull blade.........no painkillers. The Kingdom of Sancho would be a Just place; it would of course suture the rapist's wounds.

As far as real criminal's against humanity? The Kingdom of Sancho again is Just. Anyone who knowingly violates on a continual basis crimes against humanity would be slowly tortured, but not given the gift of death. The Kingdom would be just to the real People, but absolutely beyond cruel to the perpetrator's of crimes against humanity.

Now, most don't live in my Kingdom; so until then We will have to live with double standards, and as Proto said, "might is right" mentality.

Did I answer Your question?

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Ah but don't keep us in suspense friend, you really aren't going to deflect away from the real point I made in the post you just replied to are you?

Tell us more about the reverse psychology involved of falling prey to the evil Jihadists of the world as a 'path to peace'.

It twas a clever way to say what you meant which is really don't oppose Israel in it's quest for war or you will end up aiding the evil Jihadists.

Sorry I got up even earlier than normal today my friend.

My contention is that the whole thread was a manipulation of people's emotions to drive home that one little point there at the end.

[edit on 1/10/09 by ProtoplasmicTraveler]

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 03:51 PM
link   

You accusing someone of running an agenda on here is awesome. You've got to be one of the most blatant, but effusive ones I've seen.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Yes, I recall you apologizing jihadists in another thread. Now you`re hear apologizing Polanski.

And its not that I simply have the viewpoint that a child-abuser is a child-abuser and a jihadist is a fanatic idiot, but it must be that Im a "disinfo agent" or have some kind of agenda.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by sanchoearlyjones
Did I answer Your question?

Yes you did. And I agree with you about the double standards. He should have been hunted down way back when he fled. Same with the nazis you say were given positions in the U.S. government.

I must say i'm very relieved at your answer as to the punishment of rapists, and i would compromise and go with your ideas, my only issue is sheltering and feeding people who prey on children with tax payers money, while children all over the world have no food or shelter. I have a problem with that, but otherwise we're on the exact same page. I'm a bit relieved too, i was afraid i've built up as much respect as i have for a member who would defend a child rapist.

Again, i agree about the double standards of the elite. 100%. They should all face the exact same justice as everybody else.

Thanks, sancho.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Tell us more about the reverse psychology involved of falling prey to the evil Jihadists of the world as a 'path to peace'.

As I was being attacked for pointing out the wrongs of the extreme-left-wing I figured Id give an example of some faulty extreme-right-wing.

It twas a clever way to say what you meant which is really don't oppose Israel in it's quest for war or you will end up aiding the evil Jihadists.

Are you seriously suggesting this thread has been a long set-up to promote Israel?

Sorry I got up even earlier than normal today my friend. My contention is that the whole thread was a manipulation of people's emotions to drive home that one little point there at the end.

Yes, I guess thats what you are saying.

So let me summarize your points made in this thread:

1. Child rape is not child rape

2. The OP must be supportive of Israel to say so

Unbelievable.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by sanchoearlyjones

Well, I would like to hear how skyfloating comes back to what You said. From reading both his post, and Yours, again I'd like his rebuttal. The logic behind Yours is straight forward, and there was no need to resort into quantifying, or guilt by association as in skyfloating(no offense mate), but I would like to read a response.

I dont have a rebuttal for all of that because its bizzare. The purpose of this thread was to point out the dark side of liberalism or what happens when liberalism is taken too far.

Since some posters protested the anti-liberal slant, I added an anti-right-wing-slant with some examples.

Thats pretty simple and does not require writing entire novels.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by buddhasystem
This thread is a huge troll-bomb. The title is nothing but an attempt to discredit anyone left-leaning by using primitive demagoguery (not everyone trying to exonerate Polanski is left and vice versa). I have no idea why you guys are still banging on it.

A criticism of the extreme-left or the dark-aspects of the left is appreciated by true liberals who see their name misused for questionable campaigns such as "free polanski".

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Pretty much as I imagined friend, it’s funny though how the purpose of the thread changes to first it just being left wing liberals that support the fact that just has been more or less served in the Polanski Case to ‘extreme right wing’ people pursuing peace by sympathizing with Jihadists are also inclined to support the fairly wide spread contention amongst Polanksi’s social peers that Justice has been served as so does the actual victim think coincidentally, to not just being about stone cold child rape.

Yet we know according to you that anyone who could believe that justice has been served has something inherently wrong with them and is inclined to think in extreme left wing ways or support terrorist causes as well!

So since the actual VICTIM believes justice has been served to make your ever changing argument, which now pretty much just degrades to making me some kind of terrorist supporting extreme left wing liberal with an extreme right wing bent…

You must also be suggesting if not out right saying since that is where all your varying arguments are leading her too that the actual VICTIM must be a some kind of terrorist supporting extreme left wing liberal with an extreme right wing bent…since the VICTIM believes JUSTICE has been served.

Unreal my friend it’s wrong to slip her a pill and have a glass of champagne with her and forcibly molest her but it’s alright to call her a Jihadist Terrorist and left wing liberal suffering also from an extreme right wing bent?

Wow, who thinks out these kind of convoluted arguments in desperation just to make people who support innocent and well intentioned things in the world like peace in the Middle East and not allowing Israel to run roughshod over the world and left wing liberals who champion a President of the United States who is publicly advocating for peace in the Israeli/Palestinian conflict and to end settlement in the West Bank with CHILD RAPISTS…they all must be one in the same!

Way to go Skyfloating because that’s ultimately the connection you are very clearly and openly making as a way to make everyone guilty of wanting peace as being the equivalent of a child rapist.

And since your whole argument then taints the very victim with the same brush because she too believes justice is served I don’t see how you become much better than Polanski in how you yourself paint her out to be with your own arguments as that too victimizes her for your own agenda.

If you really want to play connect the dots my friend, let’s connect them all the way then.

The logical conclusions of your illogical arguments are what they are.

Don’t blame me I am not trying to tie all the types of people you don’t like because of your agenda as being the type to commit the most heinous crime you could possibly stick on them for the sake of your own agenda.

It is what it is.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Polanski should go to jail. I'm not sure I agree with the pedophile label in this case, but what he did was incomprehensible and extremely abusive.

Now this Skyfloating character seems to have a penchant for whipping up a crowd. Were you a lynch mob leader in a past life?

Those types of motivations short circuit better judgment and inevitably lead to disproportionate behavior.

On a seperate note I will say he made some good movies. I see no reason for this to cast a shadow over his work. The human psyche is way too complex for absolute judgments and condemnations. In essence, there is more to him than his problem.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 01:47 AM
link   
Schwarzenegger says no to Polanski special treatment

Posted 4 hours 42 minutes ago

California Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger says movie director Roman Polanski should be treated like anyone else if he came to the United States to face sentencing for having unlawful sex with a 13-year-old girl in 1977.

Asked if he would consider pardoning Polanski, the actor-turned-governor told CNN: "I would not treat his situation any differently than everyone else's."

Schwarzenegger would have the authority as California governor to grant Polanski a pardon, if asked, once the Chinatown director is extradited from Switzerland where he was arrested this weekend on a US warrant.

Polanski, who has dual French and Polish nationality, fled the United States in 1978 after pleading guilty in a California court to unlawful sex with a minor.

He served 42 days in a prison, but left the country when he believed a judge would sentence him to years behind bars despite having made a plea agreement for time already served.

His lawyers have said he will fight extradition.

Schwarzenegger, the former Terminator action star who swapped Hollywood movie-making for politics in 2003, said he admired Polanski's work.

He told CNN's Wolf Blitzer in an interview; "It doesn't matter if you are a big-time movie actor or a big-time movie director or producer. I think that he is a very respected person, and I am a big admirer of his work.

"But nevertheless, I think he should be treated like everyone else. And one should look into all of the allegations, not only his allegations but the allegations about his case. Was there something done wrong? You know, was injustice done in the case?"

Lawyers for Polanski sought and failed earlier this year to have the case against him dismissed because of alleged judicial misconduct in 1977.

A Los Angeles judge ruled that Polanski would first have to return to California before he would consider a dismissal of the 1977 charges.

The arrest of Polanski, who won an Oscar for his 2002 movie The Pianist, caused a furor in France but industry reaction in Hollywood has been much quieter.

- AFP

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 07:02 AM
link   
reply to post by wantok

Ever since Schwarzenegger tried uniting the right and left wing in his government I knew the guy was sane.

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 06:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating

Originally posted by kosmicjack
But rather than view it as a liberal issue, I tend to view it as an elitist issue - particularly Hollywood elite.

But its also a liberal issue as "free sexuality" is a core liberal issue. There is a bright side to "free sexuality" but it becomes dark when taken to extremes.

I agree that maybe the whole occult-ritual-thing Polanski was obsessed with is connected to his preferences, if not in actuality then at least in emotionality...

According to who? Your favorite conservative politicians are propositioning cops for gay sex in a men's room and flying to Brazil to have affairs. It's not a political issue. Rights don't talk about sex but I'm assuming they have sex since they all have kids.

If you are in some way referencing abortions and birth control, how many republican men use condoms on regular basis. Nice try with the whole guilt by association smear job against liberals ("liberals support child molestation or statutory rape"). Glenn Beck would be proud. Why waste time debating your opponent on the issues when you can label him a supporter of child molestation and walk away?

[edit on 5-10-2009 by andrewh7]

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by wantok
Schwarzenegger says no to Polanski special treatment

Posted 4 hours 42 minutes ago

California Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger says movie director Roman Polanski should be treated like anyone else if he came to the United States to face sentencing for having unlawful sex with a 13-year-old girl in 1977.

Asked if he would consider pardoning Polanski, the actor-turned-governor told CNN: "I would not treat his situation any differently than everyone else's."

Arnie's past behavior and attitude toward women didn't keep him out of the governor's mansion. I know he's not been known to be a pedophile and the grown women in his past incidents could have had their own agendas but I still don't want to hear his opinion on equal treatment. Isn't there anyone else to ask for an opinion? John Phillips was indisposed but wasn't Letterman available? You know what I mean?

I saw a woman wearing a sweatshirt with Guess on it. I said, Thyroid problem? - Arnold Schwarzenegger

Bwaaaaaahahahahaha! I think that's why they call him "Mr. Sensitivity".

My relationship to power and authority is that I'm all for it. People need somebody to watch over them. Ninety-five percent of the people in the world need to be told what to do and how to behave. - Arnold Schwarzenegger

This bozo had to apologize for his past behavior toward women he worked with and so who's watching over him? Just the guy you want with power and authority. Yep, that's what we need. An inbred, retarded, Aryan matinee idol running a state. How's that working out? Need I say any more regarding "Klowns Barbie"?

[edit on 11-10-2009 by Hemisphere]

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 03:22 PM
link   
In this thread I said "Maybe Polanski does feel regret".

I was wrong. Reading up on it a bit more and in the press it is said that instead of regret Polanski has stated he feels unjustly harrassed by Americas "Puritanism".

top topics

<< 25  26  27    29 >>

join