It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Free Polanski" = Liberals gone crazy

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Polanski is a scumbag. He plead guilty!! spent 40 days under psycho. evaluation and then fled to France before his sentencing. Certainly the actions of an innocent man.
The man knowingly avoided travel to countries that might extradite him.

I hope they throw him in San Quentin or Chino. Let's see how he likes being on the receiving end of unwanted advances. Don't drop your soap Roman.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lillydale
I certainly hope that you do not live in the United States as the age of consent here varies from state to state and does go below 16. Washington D.C. it is 15 so I guess you think America is full of complete sickos.

Um, i actually do live in the U.S., Phoenix AZ. Sorry to dash your hopes. And are you seriously asking me if i think Washington D.C. is full of sickos??

I'm seriously laughing right now, like Captain Insane-o laughed at the waterboy.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

Will one of you please tell me that you are willing to get in touch with the victim and tell her that you do not care that she wants this to go away and stay buried so that she does not have to suffer again 30 years later and so that her family does not have to suffer as well because you have some odd sense of justice. I will happily help arrange such a conversation.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by 27jd

I am simply wise enough to know friend that people young and old will do what suits them in any given situation. If you want to control someone and or protect them you do so though controlling their environment. As a parent I had a moral and legal responsibility to control my child's environment for their AND SOCIETY's protection.

So let me ask you had this negligent mother seeking fortune and fame off of her young child's good looks at not exposed her dishonestly into an environment not suitable for a person of such a tender age, would this man have committed the crime, since he did not go out and willfully abduct an underage girl and was under the impression she was an of age girl?

I simply conducted my own familiar affairs in a more responsbile manner by ensuring my child's environment would always be one that led to little or no moral uncertainty.

So in other words you advocate for gruesome death penalties and parents not being responsible?

Trying to keep all this straight as we go along my friend.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by 27jd
Um, i actually do live in the U.S., Phoenix AZ. Sorry to dash your hopes. And are you seriously asking me if i think Washington D.C. is full of sickos??

I'm seriously laughing right now, like Captain Insane-o laughed at the waterboy.

But that cannot be, there are both sides of the aisle represented in Washington D.C. Oh, wait let me guess. You know their motives and Republicans and Democrats enjoy those laws for different reasons correct?

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Lillydale

I can certainly empathize with the victim. However, he plead guilty and there was no trial. He skipped out on his sentencing. He needs to be sentenced and held accountable for fleeing the country. Another charge and case altogether.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler
So in other words you advocate for gruesome death penalties and parents not being responsible?

Nope, just the sicko that raped the little girl. I don't buy into your belief that the mother sent her daughter there to take one for the team. I believe as the story says, he lied to the mother, and when he was lying he could have easily asked her age. Seems most professional photographers would need to verify that BEFORE taking photos, getting their subject drunk and drugged up, and sodomizing them against their will. REGARDLESS of age, that is a crime. He plead guilty to it. If ANY rapist decides to rape a young woman, and she happens to be under 16, it should be lights out.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 01:35 PM
link   
“If I had killed somebody, it wouldn’t have had so much appeal to the press, you see? But… f—ing, you see, and the young girls. Judges want to f— young girls. Juries want to f— young girls. Everyone wants to f— young girls!”
-Roman Polanski, Interview with Martin Amis 1979

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Please, point out ANYWHERE on this thread or others, where i play into the partisan game. I don't. Many many republicans and democrats alike are dishonest, thieving, immoral sickos.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 01:39 PM
link   

State it any way you like. ..... I do not know why you think I need anything to make my argument have merit. The industry he works in is supporting him, just as it does in Washington with politicians.

Let's try one more time...... For you argument to work you would have to present one Conservative/Right leaning Hollywood type defending Polanski. Then you could say accurately that "Hollywood" is supporting him. As it stands, only left leaning "Hollywood" is supporting him. Please prove me wrong in that regard. For an argument to have merit you must be able to support it with facts, silly me for asking you to provide them. That was foolish of me.

I fully understand that big chunk of Hollywood is left leaning. I also fully understand that it is not only a right/left thing when it comes to sexual abuse. I don't see many mainstream Conservative people defending those that commit sexual abuse of underage boys or girls, that we are currently witnessing in the support of Polanski.

Yes I know people will bring various religious groups into this, but once that has been discovered by the public, we don't seem to have much in the way of sympathy for the perpetrators of the sexual abuse. Do you have the same sympathy for Priests who abused altar boys as you do Polanski ?

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by pavil

Let's try one more time...... For you argument to work you would have to present one Conservative/Right leaning Hollywood type defending Polanski. Then you could say accurately that "Hollywood" is supporting him.

Let's try one more time.....For your argument to work, you would have to present one NON-Hollywood/left leaning type liberal defending Polanski. Then you could accurately say that "THE LEFT" is supporting him.

I hope this clears things up.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by 27jd

My friend you have no idea what was said in the negotiations that went in to the actual plea bargain and statement.

You have no idea and neither do I what might have transpired off the record in this case as to what actually happened.

What we have is what was entered in to the record by the State as a means to dispose of a controversial case in a manner that the State decided would be satisfactory to it and the accused felt would be satisfactory towards him.

When the Judge let it be known he would not be bound by the States contractual agreement with the defendant the defendant chose to not be held accountable to the judge.

As far as I am concerned the Plea Agreement only represents just that an agreement worded to both account for the law, the mechanisms of the law, and the wording of the law.

I doubt it is indicative of the real facts of the case but was simply a way put forward by the State to where all parties could quickly put it behind them.

Until someone similiar to your thinking decided to use their position for their own notariety and not justice.

Your type of thinking allows no recourse for prosecutorial misconduct and is simply an extension of your own decision to be intollerant of things that you would rather not investigate or consider to a logical and responsible conclusion.

I am urging people to think with their minds not their emotions. You seem reluctant to accept that simple message.

I have made my points in regards to that time and time again and once again according to the victim justice was served. According to the victim she is not being served by continueing to waste taxpayer's time and money on the furtherance of this many decades old case.

You are advocating for purely emotional responses in the harshest possible extreme for that which offends you.

I am saying emotion should never get in the way of Justice or Justice serving the victim.

It's very simple, it's very clear.

Justice has been served in this case for the victim, like it or not.

All you are advocating for is further victimizing the victim for 'her own good' because it pleases you.

It is what it is my friend and no narrow minded emotional appeal overcomes the truth of those statements in regards to the victim as she has clearly made that long known and fully known.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by 27jd

Please, point out ANYWHERE on this thread or others, where i play into the partisan game. I don't. Many many republicans and democrats alike are dishonest, thieving, immoral sickos.

You are so right. I get my rightwing screw the victim lets hang someone nutjobs mixed up around here allllllllll the time. Sorry.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aeons
“If I had killed somebody, it wouldn’t have had so much appeal to the press, you see? But… f—ing, you see, and the young girls. Judges want to f— young girls. Juries want to f— young girls. Everyone wants to f— young girls!”

HOLY cow he said that?

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Please feel free to pull out names that are popular in culture, so that we know who to look for to heap our disgust upon.

Signatories as of today

List of the ones they are particularly proud of:

Woody Allen, Pedro Almodovar, Jean-Jacques Annaud, Fanny Ardant, Asia Argento, Olivier Assayas, Monica Bellucci, Patrice Chéreau, Luc et Jean-Pierre Dardenne, Jonathan Demme, Costa Gavras, Terry Gilliam, Wong Kar Waï, Jan Kounen, Emir Kusturica, John Landis, David Lynch, Tonie Marshall, Radu Mihaileanu, Jeanne Moreau, Yasmina Reza, Barbet Schroeder, Ettore Scola, Martin Scorsese, Tilda Swinton, Giuseppe Tornatore, Wim Wenders...

full list:

Erika Abrams, Fatih Akin, Yves Alberty, Stephane Allagnon, Woody Allen, Pedro Almodovar, Gianni Amelio, Wess Anderson, Michel Andrieu, Roger Andrieux, Jean-Jacques Annaud, Frédéric Aranzueque-Arrieta, Alexandre Arcady, Fanny Ardant, Asia Argento, Marie-Hélène Arnau, Darren Aronofsky, Olivier Assayas, Alexander Astruc, Gabriel Auer, Zdzicho Augustyniak, Alexandre Babel, Fausto Nicolás Balbi, Eleonor Baldwin, Jean-François Balmer, Alberto Barbera Museo nazionale de Torino, Luc Barnier, Christophe Barratier, Carmen Bartl, Pascal Batigne, Anne Baudry, Juan Antonio Bayona, Xavier Beauvois, Liria Begeja, Gilles Behat, Jean-Jacques Beineix, Marco Bellochio, Yannick Bellon, Monica Bellucci, Véra Belmont, Jean-Marc Benguigui, Djamel Bennecib, Luc Béraud, Jacob Berger, Alain Berliner, Gael Garcia Bernal, Pascal Berney, Bernardo Bertolucci, Giuseppe Bertolucci, Marlène Bisson, Arnstein Bjørkly, Lucien Blacher, Catherine Boissière, Olivier Bonnet, Thierry Boscheron, Freddy Bossy, Patrick Bouchitey, Cédric Bouchoucha, Paul Boujenah, Frédéric Bourboulon, Katia Boutin (Membre de l'équipe du dernier film de Roman Polanski "The Ghost"), Jacques Bral, Sophie Bramly, Paulo Branco, Patrick Braoudé, Guila Braoudé, Isabelle Broué, Merima Bruncevic, Anne Burki, André Buytaers, Anthony Byrne, Marco Cacioppo, Gerald Calderon, Monica Cannizzaro, Christian Carion, Henning Carlsen, Jean-Michel Carré, Lionel Cassan (Membre de l'équipe du dernier film de Roman Polanski "The Ghost"), Mathieu Celary, Teco Celio, Muriel Cerf, Chagi, Daniel Champagnon, Christophe Champclaux, Fabienne Chauveau, Claire Chazal, Patrice Chéreau, Brigitte Chesneau, Mishka Cheyko, Catherine Chiono, Catherine Chouchan, Elie Chouraqui, Souleymane Cissé, Jean-Pierre Clech, Henri Codenie, Ethan Coen, Robert Cohen, Jean-Paul Commin, Anne Consigny, Alain Cophignon, Alain Corneau, Jérôme Cornuau, Guy Courtecuisse (Membre de l'équipe du dernier film de Roman Polanski "The Ghost"), Miguel Courtois, Guillaume Cousin, Morgan Crestel, Dominique Crevecoeur, Penelope Cruz, Alfonso Cuaron, Estelle Cywje, Frédéric Damien, Sophie Danon, Olivier Dard, Luc et Jean-Pierre Dardenne, Hervé de Luze (Membre de l'équipe du dernier film de Roman Polanski "The Ghost"), Valérie de Saint-Do, Guillermo del Toro, Benoît Delmas, Jonathan Demme, Ruud den Dryver, Dante Desarthe, Romain Desbiens, Thomas Desjonquères (Membre de l'équipe du dernier film de Roman Polanski "The Ghost"), Alexandre Desplat, Chris Devi, Rosalinde et Michel Deville, Guillaume D'Ham (Membre de l'équipe du dernier film de Roman Polanski "The Ghost"), Christelle Didier (Membre de l'équipe du dernier film de Roman Polanski "The Ghost"), Kathrin DiPaola, Claire Dixsaut, Ariel Dorfman, Jean Douchet, Fabrice du Welz, Marina Duarte Nunes Ferreira, Georges Dybman, Daniel Edinger, Elrem, Sam Enoch, Ernest, Jacques Fansten, Joël Farges, Gianluca Farinelli (Cinémathèque de de Bologne), Etienne Faure, Michel Ferry, Jean Teddy Filippe (Membre de l'équipe du dernier film de Roman Polanski "The Ghost"), Aurélie Fiorentino, Alan Fischer, Martine Fitoussi, Sebastian Fleischhacker, Joy Fleury, Scott Foundas, Werner Fraai, Stephen Frears, Thierry Frémaux, Marc Freycon, Sam Gabarski, René Gainville, Matteo Garone, Yves Gasser, Tony Gatlif, Catherine Gaudin-Montalto, Jean-Marc Gauthier, Costa Gavras, Nathalie Geiser, Lizi Gelber, Isabelle Gély, Jean-Marc Ghanassia, Alain Gil, Véronique Gillet, Terry Gilliam, Christian Gion, François Girault, Stéphane Gizard, Carlos Miguel Bernardo González, Christophe Goumand, Eric Gravereau, Philippe Gruss, Marc Guidoni, Mikael Håfström, Ronald Harwood, Dimitri Haulet, Buck Henry, David Heyman, Laurent Heynemann, Dominique Hollier, Isabelle Hontebeyrie, Frédéric Horiszny, Robert Hossein, Jean-Loup Hubert, Wendy Hudson Alejandro Gonzalez Inarritu, Gilles Jacob, Eric et Veronique et Nicolas Jacquelin, Just Jaeckin, Thomas Jahn, Olivia Janik, Jean-Baptiste Jay, Anne Jeandet, Alain Jessua, Sébastien Jimenez, Arthur Joffé, Pierre Jolivet, Kent Jones (World Cinema Foundation), Alexandra Julen, Paola Jullian, Roger Kahane, Pierre Kalfon, Reena Kanji, Nelly Kaplan, Wong Kar Waï, Darius Khondji, Ladislas Kijno, Richard Klebinder, Jonathan Klein, Harmony Korinne, Jan Kounen, Sylvia Kristel, Diane Kurys, Emir Kusturica, Jean Labadie, Eliane Lacroux, Michel Laigle, Stéphane Lam, John Landis, Claude Lanzmann, David Lanzmann, André Larquié, Pauline Larrieu, Jacques et Françoise Lassalle, Carole Laure, Christine Laurent-Blixen, Emilien Lazaron (Membre de l'équipe du dernier film de Roman Polanski "The Ghost"), Eric Le Roy, Fábio Leal, Vinciane Lecocq, Patrice Leconte, Linda Lefebvre, Claude Lelouch, Alain Lenglet, Gérard Lenne, Larry Levine, Lorraine Lévy, Pierre et Renée Lhomme, Marceline Loridan-Ivens, catalina Lozano, Hugo Luczyc-Wyhowski, Laurence Lustyk, David Lynch, Bania Madjbar, Laurent Malet, Tim Malieckal, Guy Malugani, Michael Mann, Yvon Marciano, François Margolin, Jean-Pierre Marois, Tonie Marshall, Alain Martin, Sandrine Martin, Didier Martiny, Mario Martone, Christine Mathis, Esmeralda Mattei, Nicolas Mauvernay, Yannick Mazet, Christopher, Spencer et Claire Mc Andrew, Guillermo Menaldi, Frédéric Mermoud, Allison Michel, Radu Mihaileanu, Jean-Louis Milesi, Claude Miller, Lionel Miniato, Nelly Moaligou, Jean-Marc Modeste, Mario Monicelli, Jeanne Moreau, Gael Morel, Omayra Muñiz Fernández, Stephanie Murat, Christian Mvogo Mbarga, Anna N.Levine, Charles Nemes, Juliette Nicolas-Donnard, Sandra Nicolier, Rachel Noël, Rui Nogueira, Olivier Nolin, Michel Ocelot, David Ogando, Mariana Oliveira Santos, Szentgyörgyi Ottó, Martine Pagès, Eric Pape, Abner Pastoll, Alexander Payne, Richard Pena (Directeur Festival de NY), Olivier Père, Suzana Peric (Membre de l'équipe du dernier film de Roman Polanski "The Ghost"), Jacques Perrin, Thomas Pibarot, Arnaud Pierrichon, Stéphane Pietri, Anne Pigeon Bormans, Claude Pinoteau, Michele Placido, Sabrina Poidevin, Agnès Catherine Poirier, Stéphane Pozderec, Harry Prenger, Gilbert Primet, Marie-Hélène Raby, Philippe Radault, Tristan Rain, Jean-Paul Rappeneau, Brett Ratner, Raphael Rebibo, Jo Reymen, Laurence Reymond, Yasmina Reza, Christiane Rhein, Jacques Richard, Dominique Robert, Jean-Jacques Rochut, Yannick Rolandeau, Paul Rondags, Avital Ronell, Graciela Rosato, Kontochristopoulou Roula, Laurence Roulet, Joshua Rout, Florence Rphael, Isabelle Ruh, Martin Ruhe, Sonia Rykiel, Anita S. Chang, Esteban S. Goffin, Marc Saffar, Gabriela Salazar Scherman, Walter Salles, Jean-Paul Salomé, Jean-Frédéric Samie, Marc Sandberg, Léo Scalpel, Jerry Schatzberg, Georg Schmithüsen, Julian Schnabel, Barbet Schroeder, J. Neil Schulman, Pierre Schumacher, Ettore Scola, Luis Gustavo Sconza Zaratin Soares, Martin Scorsese, Andrea Sedlackova, Frank Segier, Guy Seligmann, Lorenzo Semple Jr, Julien Seri, Boris Shlafer, Antoine Silber, Pierre Silvant, Charlotte Silvera, Noel Simsolo, Christophe Sirodeau, Abderrahmane Sissako, Beatrice Sisul Petter Skavlan, Paolo Sorrentino, Roch Stephanik, Karen Stetler, Guillaume Stirn, Jean-Marc Surcin, Tilda Swinton, Jean-Charles Tacchella, Radovan Tadic, Danis Tanovic, Bertrand Tavernier, André Techiné, Cécile Telerman, Harold Alvarado Tenorio, Alain Terzian, Valentine Theret, Virginie Thévenet, Pascal Thomas, Jeremy Thomas, Marc Thomas Charley, Giuseppe Tornatore, Serge Toubiana, Nadine Trintignant, Julie Turcas, Mitja Tušek, Tom Tykwer, Alexandre Tylski, Stephen Ujlaki, Jaques Vallotton, Phil van der Linden, Betrand Van Effenterre, Leopold Van Genechten, Christophe van Rompaey, Dorna van Rouveroy, Vangelis, Christian Verdu, Jean-Pierre Vergne, Sarah Vermande, Marc Villemain, Jean-François Villemer, Daria Vinault, Thomas Vossart, Gilles Walusinski, Eric Watton, Wim Wenders, Anaïse Wittmann, A Wolanin, Arnaud Xainte, Serge Youbiana, Paule Zajdermann, Christian Zeender.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777

HOLY cow he said that?

Yep. Apparently his defense is that everyone is a child rapist.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 01:52 PM
link   

HOLY cow he said that?

He said f--- not rape. Are they the same to you?

He also said young girls and not children but you know that. I am concerned with your connection between the loving bond between people and a violent power play.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 01:55 PM
link   

HOLY cow he said that?

He said f--- not rape. Are they the same to you?

He also said young girls and not children but you know that. I am concerned with your connection between the loving bond between people and a violent power play.

"loving bond"
Ah, you are starting to show your colours. You are starting to use the words that sexual predators of this ilk use.

I am well aware of a "loving bond" between me, an adult, and a thirteen year old. It doesn't involve my chasing them down and anally raping them.

[edit on 2009/9/30 by Aeons]

[edit on 2009/9/30 by Aeons]

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Let's try one more time.....For your argument to work, you would have to present one NON-Hollywood/left leaning type liberal defending Polanski. Then you could accurately say that "THE LEFT" is supporting him.

I hope this clears things up.

No it doesn't. You haven't proved your point ie., that it is, all of Hollywood supporting him. Only those who have supported him also happen to be liberal/left, whatever term you want to use. They also happen to be in Hollywood. You don't see any right wing Hollywood types standing up to support him. I don't see any from the Right in general supporting him, prove me wrong once again.

Also, please reread my posts, I have only claimed it to be Left Leaning members of Hollywood, not "THE LEFT" in general as you state. Don't paint me with a broad brush, when that isn't the case. When people do that, it clouds the debate further.

Thank You.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 01:58 PM
link   

You consider me 'rightwing'? That's a first, usually the rightwingers call me a looney liberal.

Also, i never said anything about hanging, that's WAY too humane. When it comes to child predators, i would prefer some of the devices on that show "machines of malice".

new topics

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join