It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Free Polanski" = Liberals gone crazy

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

It's not about blindly following laws. I don't follow unjust laws, i'll leave it at that. You have NO idea who i am, or what my beliefs are. Laws against rape though, are just laws. And the rape of a child, should equal the death penalty, and not a quick death either. I'm now more convinced than ever that your defense of this sick bastard, is based on your own sick preferences. Just my opinion though, and I don't care what may have made you the way you are, i feel people like yourself are a direct threat to our children.

You should probably be thankful that other deranged peverts run the government, i don't understand why you are so against them. You're lucky somebody like me isn't in charge, somebody who truly cares about the well-being of children. Saddam Hussein would have cringed when he found out what happened to child molesters in MY country.

[edit on 30-9-2009 by 27jd]

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 09:56 AM
link   
How nice.

I see that someone has spent a good amount of time plying people with the reasonability of child rape, and reasonable doubt concept here.

No matter if this girl was 13 or 70, what he did is rape.

Keep your eyes on the ball people, but don't forget about the bat because someone is trying to hit you in the head with it.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Where you there?

Do you really know?

No, I dont really know. But Polanski having admitted rape and the accuracy of the girls testimony, I can make an educated guess that its true.

Can you even honestly say you know enough to know that it was not consensual.

No, I cant. But Polanski having admitted rape and the accuracy of the girls testimony, I can make an educated guess that its true.

what you call Child-Rape in an irresponsible desire to sensationalize the events and evoke and illicit emotional reactions instead of intelligent, considered and studied ones is telling.

So its not child-rape anymore? Its only my subjective opinion that its child-rape?

Relativism at its finest. Interesting.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating

Originally posted by Lillydale
THERE IS NO REASON POLITICS NEEDS TO BE IN THIS DISCUSSION. If you just want to bash the left extreme then fine. Which part of the right should I put all the boyscout-*%&#ers on?

Making the villain the hero is a tendency of Hollywood, but also a tendency of certain elements of the left-wing.

You can see one example of this in how these activists passionately fight for the rapist and not for the girl.

These are some of the same people (on the petition list) who call terrorists "freedom fighters".

But Globally there are right wingers everywhere who are totally happy to use society to make 13 year old girls be raped by their "husbands" or masters. Those socieities are gnerally very right wing, socially, religiously, and often economically.

Yes, in the First World the "live and let live" concept that appeals to the left does get taken too far. This is an excellent example of it.

All the same, there are also compounds of socially and religiously conservative people in the USA who also like to screw young teenagers - FLDS for example.

Keep it in perspective.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by 27jd

Too funny, it irks you so that someone could think for themselves and better consider the facts doesn't it friend.

If the girl had been 19 had there been no mother involved there would have been no allegations of rape.

The Law itself does not let a child under the age of 18 consent so even if she had it would still be termed rape but whom would have been raping whom?

You simply have been conditioned to beyond being able to think for yourself and insist others not think for themselves either.

The girl isn't allowed to think for herself, I am not allowed to think for myself.

The reality is that you are probably one of those people who wants to bomb Iran and feel they have it coming based on 'something' vague but is enough to evoke your blood lust.

Yet collectively we as a nation are guilty of far more crimes.

If we as a nation held ourselves to the same rigid self serving notions we hold other ones to, bombs would be reigning upon us now.

You would have to give the order based on your own thinking.

The Justice you want is to make you feel good. It's not for the victim she doesn't want it. It's because you need for their to be villians in the world to hate and punish and persecute so bad, you have already made me out to be a villian just for speaking my mind and being better informed than most and that's as Orwellian as Orwellian can be and I have no problem arguing that point despite the reactions it provokes in such people as yourself emotionally because it is an argument that needs to be argued.

If you had your way that would be a thing of the past and the world would be all the more dangerous for all our children.

It is the atmosphere of intollerance and not questioning that makes the world a far more dangerous place for our children friend.

My mind is quite clear on that score, I fear for my children because of attitudes like yours.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lillydale

No no no no no. You just do not get it. I am not trying to right a wrong with another wrong. I am trying to point out that child rape and supporting child rapists is NOT A LEFT RIGHT THING!

He happens to be from an industry that is mostly Left so most of his supporters happen to be lefties. You have it ass backwards. You think they support him because they are left. That is not it. I am pointing out that there is wrong on both sides and there is support for wrong on both sides and it is the same kind of wrong on both sides.

Hmmm..... why is it that there are no conservative actors, directors, movie honcho's that are supporting Polanski then? They are actors, thus they must support him, no? I don't think your arguement holds water, quite frankly. Those that support him in Hollywood are those of a liberal/left bent, not just because they are "Hollywood" too.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

Absolutely. I dont know how many times Ive had to repeat in this thread that the there is a dark-side to the right-wing and also connected pedophilia...but that its of an entirely different nature.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Friend what Polanski accepted was a plea bargain to dispose of an unfortunate incident in the quickest and less damaging way possible.

People plead guilty to things all the time they are not guilty of for this very purpose.

Certainly you are not so naive as to not be aware of that?

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating

Originally posted by kosmicjack
Wrong.

The extreme right under the "pro-life" banner condemns abortion but refuses condom education, supports the death penalty and hedges on torture. The extreme right espouses "Christian beliefs" while judging and condemning their fellow man. The extreme right claims to be for "less government" yet under the last administration grew the police state to an unimaginable degree.

Thats not moral relativism, thats moral absolutism, which is another problem altogether.

Moral absolutism says "X is right, Y is wrong, period!!!"

Moral relativism says "Nothing is inherently right or wrong"

Both stances are problematic and responsible for a great amount of stupidity.

The concept of rights and their foundation is far more nuanced in a secular society. I agree with you.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 10:10 AM
link   

More specifically what Polanski admitted to was providing the drugs and champagne and having sex with her.

Clinton couldn't even be that forth coming in Monica Gate by the way.

Justice has already been served in this case.

The victim has already accepted restitution, the perpetrator already paid a pennance.

"You can check out anytime you want but you can never leave"

Having to deny oneself the hospitallity of the Hotel California for 32 years as an Academy Award winning motion picture director is a punishment all in itself by the way friend.

Believe me this guy has suffered for his indiscretion and poor judgement.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Under any reasonable law regardless of age, what he did is rape.

He has already been convicted.

That he escaped on a jet plane doesn't make him different than some guy who walked away from a work detail.

You don't get to make a sin offering and walk away from heinous crimes.

He already had the BEST defenses that money can buy. More access to the leeway of justice than just about ANY other person gets.

This isn't some poor ghetto boy who got misidentified, and can't get a decent lawyer and has no money.

No. This is a guy who can have any lawyer. For free. This is a guy who could pay for teams of the best lawyers the system has. This is a guy who could afford to mount the best defenses that could be found in his favour.

Poor guy. People expect that he should do the time for the crime he committed.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Friend what Polanski accepted was a plea bargain to dispose of an unfortunate incident in the quickest and less damaging way possible.

People plead guilty to things all the time they are not guilty of for this very purpose.

Certainly you are not so naive as to not be aware of that?

Ah...so you say "Polanski pled guilty of something he did not do, the girl made it up and Im naive to think he's guilty.

And for this reason it is good to call for Polanskis freedom.

There was no child-rape".

If you can sleep well with that opinion, thats your right. I`d prefer to at least consider the possibility that the girl was raped because she says so, Polanski says so, witnesses say so and she was paid off.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Having to deny oneself the hospitallity of the Hotel California for 32 years as an Academy Award winning motion picture director is a punishment all in itself by the way friend.

Believe me this guy has suffered for his indiscretion and poor judgement.

Yes, the life of luxury he's lived is Europe is just a TRAGEDY.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 10:13 AM
link   

of that?

Wow, Proto. So now the admitted sexual intercourse and molestation of a 13 year old girl is just an "unfortunate incident"?

It could have eaisly been prevented by the leacherous old man not going after a underage girl, getting her drunk and drugged prior to his act. Looking at the facts of the events, Polanski does seem to have planned this assault out.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

He fled because a media attention seeking Judge had shown a predisposition to not abide by the State's own agreement in the disposition of the matter.

He was in the position both because of his wealth and varying citizenships to do just that.

When the State can not be counted on to keep it's own agreements this is a reasonable form of recourse in my oppinion.

Then again I am not a slave to the state as most are.

Once again no one is any more or less safe over what's transpired in this case.

Vengence is mine sayeth the Lord.

Evidently not!

To forgive is divine sayeth the Lord.

Evidently not!

To err is human sayeth the Lord.

Evidently not!

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by pavil

Yes my friend when the girl wilfully and deliberately lies about her age and probably every other fact relating to the case it is unfortunate indeed.

What dangled webs we weave when we first practice to deceive!

You probably led a pretty sheltered life at 13, I didn't, and age is no indication of innocense or lack of desire or intent.

The girl wasn't kidnapped that's for certain.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Wow. First you appeal to the logic of the Devil, then the Forgiveness of the Lord. Awesome. Don't contain yourself there. Next call on the powers of Shiva's vengence.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

The life of luxury in Europe truly is a tragedy.

You should see what passes for toilet paper over there!

Talk about rough, no thanks!

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 10:21 AM
link   

reply to post by Aeons

The life of luxury in Europe truly is a tragedy.

You should see what passes for toilet paper over there!

Talk about rough, no thanks!

The guy couldn't go to a Gala and Awards party to feed his ego. Oh the humanity!

Having to live in EUROPE is all the punishment one deserves for rape. Have pity on this poor man.

[edit on 2009/9/30 by Aeons]

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

If you don't mind friend, let me evoke Shiva at the appropriate time!

Timing is everything in life you know.

In fact this case is all about time, the age of a young woman, the age of consent, the age of the crime, etc., etc.,

We first have to hear from Odin and Loki before we get to Shiva...

That's the problem with people today, the Wheels of Justice were never meant to grind swiftly but to grind exceedingly fine.

Odin's beard I do declare!

new topics

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join