It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Free Polanski" = Liberals gone crazy

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by 27jd

Friend I followed the case as it happened.

Trust me I probably know a lot more about the case than you.

If you didn't read the Rolling Stone article published in 1977 you haven't a clue.

You have today's main stream media's HYPE and Hyperbole and a little bone to chew on to be Johnny on the Spot and that is what it is.

I just gave you a lot of additional background and you want to take your narrow perspective based on your understanding of a world you have never been exposed to and hold it to the standards of a world those people have never been exposed to nor want to.

Even when you hear the truth right from the girl's mouth it doesn't satisfy you. You want JUSTICE for YOU.

Good luck there! Sometimes it's better to live and learn my friend than try to teach the facts of nonsense.

You be the judge...I have banksters to fleece and Governments to topple so if you don't mind...

Have a nice night!

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

No problem, i was just a bit confused because you responded to a post where i was pointing out that it wasn't consentual.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

Again, you miss the point. I wouldn't be surprised if some French ATS members took offense to such a post.

Again, stop with the generalizing of groups of people.

And yes, the law does apply to all and Polanski, despite the brilliance of Chinatown, STILL committed a crime and STILL has to pay for it somehow.

I don't understand why people back him either.

[edit on 29-9-2009 by Janitor From Mars]

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 06:30 PM
link   
This happened a bit before my time, but from reading about it since it popped back up in the news, I can honestly say that I have mixed feelings. As for Polanski, He is not the victim in this situation, regardless of what the eurolibs say. The real victim is the woman who has to relive this yet again. In her own words, she was victimized more by the media and the judicial system than her attacker...That is sad in and of itself. But needless to say, it's not surprising. She has indicated her desire for closure, she has achieved her ends in civil court.

Seems this reeks of the meddling of governments... perhaps the Swiss want to throw the US a bone after the Swiss banking flap....

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

You gave us no background, just a bunch of YOUR words, YOUR memory from a rolling stones article from 1977, and YOUR opinion on when it's okay to have sex with children. I was born in 1977, and my reading skills weren't awesome then. If you want to call the info available to us, hyperbole and hype, please back it up with the article so we can compare. I'm sure it is or will be available during this, if it exists. Also, ONCE AGAIN, the victim is no longer relevant in this case. She made her accusations, back when it happened, and he PLEAD GUILTY. She has NEVER recanted her story, she just took money to NOT sue him after he fled. That also had NADA to do with his criminal trial, and sentencing. He raped a child, end of story. If ONLY i were the judge, he'd be in general population with a broomstick hanging out of his rear for the rest of his days.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Janitor From Mars

I think you missed the point of that post. It seemed obvious to me, that the poster was saying that the general population in france would NOT back this guy, and they've sent the heads of those who think they are priveledged over everybody else rolling before...

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aeons

Originally posted by Hemisphere
Sky, it would seem they're throwing Polanski to the wolves at this time.

I say, "Good Hunting!"

Not that I felt anything for him Aeons, just an observation. It seemed out of nowhere after 3 decades. Another moderator corrected me somewhat saying that Polanski has kept himself off the radar. I'm thinking there is more to this but I'm not sure what. What troubles me is that I'm not sure how much justice will be served at this point. And what that is timely and critical has gone undone by using resources to chase down this creep after 30 years? There is a point of diminishing returns. It's not like this is going to be resolved in a couple of days with little taxpayers' expense. Yes, these things are always drawn out and expensive but who is paying for this and what pervert still active in the US is not getting hounded and found due to scarce resources?

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Elitist or not, I know how we treat these monsters in Australia. We ostracize them and label them for their crimes. Not set them free and allow them to do another movie because of their infamous stature.
We destroy them like they destroyed their victims.

[edit on 29-9-2009 by nahsik]

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by 27jd
reply to post by Stormdancer777

No problem, i was just a bit confused because you responded to a post where i was pointing out that it wasn't consentual.

Yes there was a quote in your post from another poster who said something about it being consensual I was responding to their quote.

Now in regards to underage girls coming from bad homes, involved in drugs and or alcohol, and perhaps lying about their age,

and having put poor Roman in this compromising position because he was drinking or doing drugs too,

which aint how it went down BTW,

All I have to say is, the adult has a moral responsibility.

Now the young lady in question says she wants to forget about it,

I BET SHE DOES, all those old wounds resurfacing, you know one suppresses all these old memories, it is too painful to live ones life with them as a constant reminder.

What does it do to you?

It ruins every relationship, it causes anxiety disorders, it causes one to never trust another soul, panic attacks, do you realize a big percentage of prostitutes were sexually molested? It also cause one to be overly sexually promiscuous themselves, and not understanding why,

and the GUILT.

She has no idea why she wants to forgive, Roman, she may be blaming herself.

[edit on 063030p://bTuesday2009 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 06:52 PM
link   
New to posting normaly a Reader only, so 1st post folk's.

Simply put 40yr old man to 13yr old girl anyone that can say that is not Child abuse well I just dont know. It says only about their own morals more than anything else.
I believe in freedom in belief be it religious, or choise etc and what goes on between concenting adults be it different to my own preference or not well is ok, but not to the detriment of others or by taking advantage of their niavity to suit my own needs, anything else aint freedom it's akin to a dictatorship!

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by haggischap

I don't know who would question the criminality of it... It is a disgusting thought in fact... But it looks to me as if this was completely orchestrated between the Justice Department and the Swiss Government.

Personally, I don't care if they put the guy in a shallow grave, my contention, as I stated above is that this is more of a diplomacy issue than a criminal issue...

I'm sure bringing him back over here would make someone's career... And since they Swiss are hesitant to give up their banking clients, they just threw a scrap named Roman Polanski.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Orion65

Thank you, Orion. That is the wisest thing I've heard all day. I seem to remember some right wing politicians consorting with prostitutes.
How about just saying that it is sick that anyone would come to the aid of a pedophile? There are plenty of things I find unappetizing about both sides.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

I have actually worked as a youth worker (years ago) with the very kids you are talking about - so I am very aware of the life.

BUT.......that still is no excuse for a grown man to drug a child and rape her. The child said she said "no".

People like this - and that includes all the hollywood and political elite should never ever be given a free pass - yet they do - and it continues on and on.

The guy raped a child. Period. He should be punished. Period. He was found guilty and fled the country. He should be held accountable. And I hope he will.

[edit on September 29th 2009 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 07:53 PM
link   
The man is a paedophile and deserves to pay fully for his crime.

End of story.

Anyone who see's it different really wants to question themselves.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Intresting,,, But L.A.W law is the Law
He pleaded Guilty jumped Bail,,,Simple!
Now its caught up with him.

The law is also a Ass!!

From what i have read in the past a certain Mr. W. Allen should probably be in goal(jail) as well.

As i said the Law is a ass thus if cases get skrewd up in some fashion or a T not crossed or I not doted or a procedure not followed compleatly or millions of $$ A Guilty Man go's Free ,,Works the other way too,,,,And the old saying that the only ones that win are the Lawyers is true.

"To live outside the law you must be honest." Bob Dylan

Anyway It one they can strike off the book.

And he will get his Day (months,years) in Court
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

[edit on 29-9-2009 by MinMin]

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 08:08 PM
link   
I was going to post earlier but got interrupted, anyways, I'll start by saying I am a big fan of Roman Polanski for his movie "Oliver Twist" which is my favorite movie of all time. Although I had NO idea that this was in his past.

I obviously DO NOT agree with what he has done but I honestly do not believe sending him to prison now will do any good. Like I said, I don't agree with what he did, but the man is 77 years old, chances are he won't live much longer.

Cases like this require in my opinion physiological help, not jail time. Should he have been punished? Yes, but he wasn't. I don't know, it just doesn't make sense to me to put an 80 year old man in jail.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 08:16 PM
link   
The only thing that makes this a "liberal issue," is because the right wing propaganda machine has figured out they can tie the opinions of a few out-of-touch Hollywood elites with the entire progressive viewpoint.

This has nothing to do with liberalism. This has to do with elitism!
Keep spinning away though. . . .

[edit on 9/29/2009 by clay2 baraka]

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 08:19 PM
link   
It's real simple he's a scumbag and should spend the rest of his life either locked up and playing with his new buddies or under permanent house arrest.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Man if Polanski got out the first thing he'll do is he'll stalk more kids

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 09:12 PM
link   
I believed he should be raped in prison by the other inmates

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join