It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Free Polanski" = Liberals gone crazy

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Oh and I have one other important thing to add, while we are freeing Roman...

FREE HUEY, FREE HUEY, FREE HUEY!

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler
It could be argued that the man made a mistake in part because of the tragedy he underwent or from chronic drug use brought on by the tragedy he underwent, or both or none of the above.

OH, i get it. When somebody is unfortunate enough to lose a loved one to murder, and tries to drown it all out with drugs, it's okay at that point to rape and sodomize 13 year old girls. Now i understand where you're coming from, thanks.

The victim does not want to see him prosecuted and the victim accepted resitution and feels justice was done in that fashion.

He was already prosecuted. Doesn't matter AT ALL what civil settlements were made AFTER HE FLED CRIMINAL SENTENCING!!! That settlement was made because she was going to SUE him. She got her cash, and now she wants it dropped? Doesn't work that way. He plead guilty and was convicted, and i hope they throw the book at his old, disgusting @ss.

There are no more little 13 year old hippie girls running around pretending to be 19 accusing him of rape since then, I don't see a problem that U.S. Taxpayers need to pick up the tab on.

Wow. Just, wow. That statement says it all. I really don't know what to make of your argument, other than you're pissed because it's taking attention away from your anti-Obama threads. Don't worry, it will all fade once he's been brought to justice (would be death penalty if it were up to me), and people will star your government corruption threads again...

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 05:31 PM
link   
The OP is Idiotic...

..This is NOT a case of Left-wing Ideology...This is a Case of friends defending Their Friends with money...Hollywood has Hollywood's back..

..If you actually think this is about Left Wing Ideology you..are..wrong...

Long-Live the Far-left Ultra Liberal...

..and Polanski..if found guilty can rot in Jail for all i care..

[edit on 29-9-2009 by Next_Heap_With]

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by 27jd

Wow I don't recall anything I said about Obama? In fact since I am not a liberal I am displaying it's not just liberals who think this is to much to do about nothing.

The point here is friend is that back in 1977 his total sentence was going to be 96 days in prison half of which he had already served. He didn't want to serve the other 48 days.

Now that was one Oscar and three blockbusters ago 32 years.

He was getting preferred Justice then because of his status he will get preferred justice again.

The world isn't going to be a safer place for it, the victim isn't going to be any happier for it, we are all just going to be poorer for it so you can act out moral outrage and excorzie some of your own frustrations in the world.

Once again the U.S. Tax payer will pick up the tab, the media will make big ratings and someone who might have accidently stumbled in to an intelligent thought in the meantime will flip on Nancy Grace to watch her blow out the lining of her stomach and a spleen in indignation.

When are you kids going to grow up so we can take care of the world's real problems instead of the imaginary ones?

Oh now that you mention it, this Obama fellow...he deserves to be in jail...that G-20 thing, very bad, bad, bad, bad...now that's a crime that deserves punishment.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 05:35 PM
link   
I'd like to make a point that on a site that Denies Ignorance, I see a lot of ignorance in this thread, mainly in attempting to paint an entire group of people as supporters of Polanski, only because a group of Hollywood elites want to defend the man.

Does "Deny Ignorance" only apply to the right-wing viewpoint? If so, then that's more along the lines of hypocrisy.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 05:38 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

He didn't want to serve the other 48 days.

So, since he just didnt want to serve his punishment and used his wealth, status and connections to flee........he should just get a free pass?

I just do not get this line of reasoning. He drugged and raped a CHILD....admitted to it by pleading guilty - but just decided he didnt want to take responsibility for it....and some people want to give him a free pass.

Why even prosecute anyone for violating the rights of others?

The message will be made clear: you rape a child - just make sure you flee to certain countries and you wont have to be punished.

[edit on September 29th 2009 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Oh now that you mention it, this Obama fellow...he deserves to be in jail...that G-20 thing, very bad, bad, bad, bad...now that's a crime that deserves punishment.

I won't disagree with you on that, but that's not what this thread is about.

I can't say what kind of justice will be meted out to him, but i hope it's harsh. I'm hoping that his status will not serve him now, and that he will be forced to be the helpless one being raped in prison. I can only hope.

But the other statements you made, about it being somehow understandable to rape a child because some unfortunate things happened to him, and how she was somehow asking for it, pretending to be 19, is disgusting. It's also the mindset of a rapist. If you knew as much about the case as you say you do, you KNOW he had to speak with and get permission from her mother (not needed with a 19 yr old), and when he advanced she told him "no", tried to fake an asthma attack, and wanted to go home. I don't give a F**K whether you think she was asking for it, friend. That's irrelevant once a girl says no, no matter what her age.

[edit on 29-9-2009 by 27jd]

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by EmperorZeno
Never mind

[edit on 29-9-2009 by EmperorZeno]

I understand,

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by 27jd

It was not consensual, that is not the way it works.

I have a hard time with the Roman apologist, having been assaulted at a young age myself, I think the just thing would be castration.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

You know I would absolutely agree with you if it were a premeditated effort to rape a child.

He was guilty of not asking for an ID and questionable judgement. He was likely guilty of deliberately intoxicating a willful young woman who was out on her own volition living the life in Hollywood.

In my own mis-spent youth I spent some time on the streets of Hollywood and there was no shortage of 13, 14, 15, 16, and 17 year old boys and girls willing to either prostitute themselves for cash, cash and drugs or the chance for fame.

It's a different world out there, this is not a Duggard type case where the guy got in a car and deliberately set out to avail himself of an under age girl.

This is a guy whose fame and celebrity attracted a certain kind of person looking to rub shoulders with and profit off of another person's fame and celebrity.

His greatest crime is likely just hanging around with Jack Nicholson and Jacks house...can you say the Shining?

In all honesty and please don't take this the wrong way, if they actually started agressively investigating and prosecuting every Hollywood Celebrity and notable who cruises Santa Monica and Sunset Boulevard looking for people peddling their own flesh on the streets and in the clubs, you wouldn't have anything to watch on TV! They would all be in jail, you wouldn't be able to go to the movies, there would be none, they would all be in jail.

Let me tell you as an underage minor who spent time on the streets of Hollywood I saw things that would just tear your heart out and there is hardly a day that goes by I don't think of some of those kids and what they were doing and why, and I am 45 years old today.

But the reality is when a runaway, or a throwaway or just a disaffected kid gets hooked on drugs and excitement in a place like Hollywood this is a crime that happens literally dozens if not hundreds of times a day out there.

I remember the case at the time and the girl would likely have never reported it if it weren't for her mother. She was out doing what some local kids would do out there, stayed out too late doing it, her mom wouldn't let up on her until she got to the truth, and when mom got to the truth, mom went straight to the authorities, had it actually been up to the girl it would have never gotten out at all.

I was there and honestly I ran with some of these people, partied with them, slept with some (the rich and the aimless famous) and it's just not the same thing as a Duggard going out to find a victim.

The girl likely lied about her age (she did) and he should have likely questioned it (he didn't) it is what it is.

There are two worlds in the Country what happens in NYC and LA and San Franciso and what happens in between.

[edit on 29/9/09 by ProtoplasmicTraveler]

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

I'm not sure why you directed that to me. I know it wasn't consentual. I think maybe you need to re-read my posts...

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 06:00 PM
link   
These French directors and a couple of activists want us to all think that the French are think that prosecuting a guy who fed drugs and alcohol to a 13 year old and then had sex with her after she said no is just Puritanism.

Really. The citizens of France really think that drugging a barely post-pubescent girl and having some pervy old guy force himself on her is just peachy?

Somehow, I don't believe that.

Anyone from France want to speak to you being represented to the World as being "Worldly" because you are a-Okay with the special people being allowed to do as they please.

Because I'm thinking that the nation that BEHEADED a bunch of these types probably doesn't actually think that.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

And its a citizen adults job to not do those things. it being common in certain circles that there are some that prey on needy children doesn't excuse it or make it better.

There is a reason why these people are often the first up against the wall. And none of us every miss them.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 06:06 PM
link   

The girl likely lied about her age (she did) and he should have likely questioned it (he didn't) it is what it is.

You obviously have no idea about the specifics of this case...

The case began March 10, 1977, when the girl, then known as Samantha Gailey, agreed to be photographed by Polanski, according to court records. He told her mother he was on assignment for French Vogue.
www.cnn.com...

If she were 19, WHY would he have to lie to her mother?? Why would he not have asked HER MOTHER how old she was? This wasn't a runaway, lying or prostituting herself. And even if she was, once she did this...

She said she felt disoriented and disgusted by his overtures and repeatedly told him "no." She faked an asthma attack and begged him to take her home. She said she cried in his car afterward.

He became a child rapist.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by 27jd
reply to post by Stormdancer777

I'm not sure why you directed that to me. I know it wasn't consentual. I think maybe you need to re-read my posts...

OH sorry if I posted to the wrong person,

BH said,

I just don't think the cost to benefit ratio is worth making a 74-year-old man spend the rest

OH I feel nothing for this 74 year old man,

Especially considering sexual assault is a LIFE sentence, imposed on the innocent victim.

[edit on 063030p://bTuesday2009 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

I have five kids friend, and 2 of them are girls, so believe me when I say I have no love for pedophiles or rapists.

Yet the streets are a complex and complicated place and infectuous and addictive to some as well. Rock Music is full of songs about the illict flesh trade in Hollywood, Jackson Brown's "Life on the Boulevard"...Down at the Golden Cup the old ones set the young one's up" that was a Restaurant back in the day on Hollywood Boulevard where underage kids both boys and girls looking to peddle themselves would congregate. Thin Lizzies "People out in Hollywood" 'you can see the boys strutting down the boulevard trying to make a pass' is a reference to the underage male prostitutes on Santa Monica Boulevard.

Most of the kids both male and female who do these things find it a better alternative to violent homes, a horrible foster care system etc., etc., the law sees them as children that can't make their own decisions but the world made them 'young' people who choose to do what they choose to do because they really think it's the best thing they can do at that stage and point, and most of them have tried the alternatives you would list that the system has to offer and often they found themselves undergoing similiar situations for no profit or gain there.

I did not know this young girl but I knew young girls like her, who would get in to drugs, sneak out of their suburban homes, put on the makeup and go out looking to party for the excitement of it and to score.

They would often lie about their ages to the people who picked them up because a lot of the people who pick up young hookers really don't want to end up with a statuatory rape charge.

In this girls case she didn't go home crying to her mom or her friends, there's a chance had she not got caught she would have went back to hook up with him again. Her mother caught her out and lying and stoned and wouldn't let up on her until she got to the truth.

My point is that they are both victims in a way, Polanski of a determined young woman and bad judgement and probably being intoxicated and impaired himself to the point of not thinking straight and using poor judgement and the young woman who didn't want to mind her parents and stay at home who wanted to run with the wrong crowd and to the wrong things.

That really is the truth of what happened, and in part it's what accounted for just the 96 day sentence because it wasn't a premeditated act to rape an under age child, it was a typical Hollywood drug affair that happened to involve an underage girl passing herself off as an of age girl to hook up with someone with a lot of money and drugs who could also put her in the movies.

If you never spent time on the streets of Hollywood you would never understand, if you have never worked in Entertainment in Hollywood you would never understand, I have done both, I have a different view on it than people would trying to frame it from a perspective they just don't have and can't imagine.

Hollywood is a different world, a world on the cutting edge of art and decedance and excess, a world that makes fantasy, a world wrapped up in fantasy.

When in Rome do as the Romans do and that is what the Romans do out there and well this guy's name is...Roman after all isn't it?

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 06:19 PM
link   
I have to say.... the backing of this guy is all a little weird.

We all know politicians and "famous people" in general can do as they please and are above the law... but for so many to defend him is crazy...

I dunno man.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by blupblup
I have to say.... the backing of this guy is all a little weird.

We all know politicians and "famous people" in general can do as they please and are above the law... but for so many to defend him is crazy...

I dunno man.

Me either blup, I don't get it.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 06:21 PM
link   
No. The Law Applies to All. Special people don't get to prey on those who have been traumatized and we all go "oh, we understand."

You seek out the traumatized, to do it more, you don't get a free pass.

The street child is not less deserving. The child of a stupid parent is not less deserving of HUMAN RIGHTS compared to the greatness of some famous egomaniac.

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join