It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Free Polanski" = Liberals gone crazy

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+23 more 
posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 02:31 AM
link   
Disclaimer: This is no criticism of liberalism as such but of its darker side

How the left-wing are treating the Polanski-case is a good example of the dark-side of liberalism, a good example of what happens when a soft heart becomes a soft brain.

The guy is a child-rapist who fled the country in order not to get arrested. Now that he did get arrested, several "liberal" activists such as Harrison Ford, Monica Belluci, Harvey Weinstein, various left-wing-organizations, are calling to "Free Polanski".

And British novelist Robert Harris described the arrest as "disgusting treatment".

The Swiss Directors Association also criticised the arrest, describing it as "not only a grotesque farce of justice, but also an immense cultural scandal".

BBC Report

As is quite typical for left-wing-extremists, right/wrong are relativised and even reversed, so that not child-rape is disgusting and a scandal but arresting the rapist is "disgusting" and "an immense cultural scandal".

Im interested in hearing the viewpoints of both political sides on this...

[edit on 29-9-2009 by Skyfloating]

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 02:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

I don't understand it either, I guess it's all about who you are and who you know. An "average citizen" would be getting public outrage, most likely even from the extreme left.

I'm more of a moderate/liberal but come on, don't throw all the left-wingers in the pot with the people behind the "Free Polanski" movement. Some of us have a brain.

+24 more 
posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 03:01 AM
link   
It's totally sick.

But rather than view it as a liberal issue, I tend to view it as an elitist issue - particularly Hollywood elite.

From R. Kelly to Charlie Sheen, they seem to have their proclivities and, because they are isolated in their own little community, they entertain us and they consider themselves special, they want us to look the other way.

The deeper issue to me is the culture of abuse, ritual or otherwise. It seems pervasive in that lifestyle. McKenzie Phillips comes to mind. There are others.

The occult overtones are off the chart as well. He was married to Sharon Tate the most famous victim of the Manson murders and he directed the uber freaky Rosemary's Baby.

[edit on 29/9/2009 by kosmicjack]

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 03:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Orion65
don't throw all the left-wingers in the pot with the people behind the "Free Polanski" movement. Some of us have a brain.

alright, alright...just checking to make sure....

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 03:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by kosmicjack

From R. Kelly to Charlie Sheen, they seem to have their proclivities and, because they are isolated in their own little community, they entertain us and they consider themselves special, they want us to look the other way.

It wasn't R Kelly in the tape and that was Rob Lowe not Charlie Sheen who was with the underage prostitute.

*I sometimes remember things, weird pointless things but then forget the perfectly good stuff. strange.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 03:18 AM
link   
reply to post by kosmicjack

I agree, it's not a right or left wing issue as much as people in power with powerful friends to support them.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 03:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Exuberant1

Wow.

Well if you don't think R Kelly and Charlie Sheen have issues, Scroogle it.

Fine. Add Rob Lowe to the list of Hollywood Pervs, if you like.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 03:19 AM
link   

But rather than view it as a liberal issue, I tend to view it as an elitist issue - particularly Hollywood elite.

But its also a liberal issue as "free sexuality" is a core liberal issue. There is a bright side to "free sexuality" but it becomes dark when taken to extremes.

I agree that maybe the whole occult-ritual-thing Polanski was obsessed with is connected to his preferences, if not in actuality then at least in emotionality...

+3 more 
posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 03:20 AM
link   

It is all about Hollywood defending its own dark portals.

It seems to be the modern-day Sodom and or Gomorragh.

They seem to think they are above and beyond what rules ordinary mortals.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 03:21 AM
link   
This Polanski thing is NUTS! I mean people are actually supporting this sicko? A 44 year old having sex with a 13 year old?????????????? I mean I knew Hollywood was a sick and twisted place. This whole Momma and Poppas singer who slept with her dad for 13 years. My god what's wrong with people nowadays? I'm sure there is a ton of that crap that goes on in Hollywood.

However, what is the point of prosecuting someone if the ADULT VICTIM doesn't even see anything wrong with what he did? I mean this lady is a loony as well! And she has kids herself. I guess money means more to her than justice as Polanski paid her off years ago. But seriously, if the damn victim doesn't see anything wrong with what he did why the hell is the LA DA wasting precious time and money on this stupid case. This whole thing seems silly.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 03:24 AM
link   

I agree, it's not a right or left wing issue

Incorrect. Actors such as Harrison Ford are well-known liberal activists. Even Polanski was a left-wing activist.

So it IS about left-wing-ideology...gone mad.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 03:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating

don't throw all the left-wingers in the pot with the people behind the "Free Polanski" movement. Some of us have a brain.

alright, alright...just checking to make sure....

Any excuse to crack this new whip I just got - Indiana Jones gave it to me right before he went over to the dark side.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 03:28 AM
link   

Any excuse to crack this new whip I just got - Indiana Jones gave it to me right before he went over to the dark side.

Over on the dark side the whip is no longer used to get villains but for pleasure

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 03:28 AM
link   

Well if you don't think R Kelly and Charlie Sheen have issues, Scroogle it.

They did not victimize any children. No evidence of that has arisen.

Unlike with Roman Polanksi

+10 more 
posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 03:31 AM
link   

Come on Sky. Liberals are just more open about it. People are people and people of all ideologies have issues:

Mark Foley. Larry Craig. Ted Haggard. Jimmy Swaggert. Mark Sanford. John Ensign. And countless others. Let's add this as well.

Gross generalizations are not your style.

[edit on 29/9/2009 by kosmicjack]

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 03:32 AM
link   
I think the fact that it's more than 30 years old has allot to do with it.

He's clearly not a threat to anyone at this point in his life.

Though the state did not get it's form of punishment, at this point I think most agree he put himself through worse punishment by having the weight of this possibility with him the past 30 years. Plus he could not practice his craft in Hollywood.

Even the victim herself thinks he's been punished enough.

So, what's the point?

It's all about publicity for the LA DA's office at this point and of course the message to any future lawbreakers that they will hunt you down until you die blah blah blah.

[edit on 29-9-2009 by verylowfrequency]

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 03:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by verylowfrequency

It's all about publicity for the LA DA's office at this point and of course the message to any future lawbreakers that they will hunt you down until you die blah blah blah.

Hunting pedophiles down until they die or are brought to justice.... Sounds good

Or should we cease pursuit if they can avoid getting arrested for a few years?

[edit on 29-9-2009 by Exuberant1]

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 03:36 AM
link   
Sorry, but don't care how long ago it was; this guy deserves a lot of pain and torment for what he did to that little girl . . .

Can't believe a monster like that could "get away" with it and yet, still have people supporting him.

Makes me sick.

The victim doesn't care you say? She's content with the payoff money?

proof that he created a monster out of that little girl.

[edit on 9/29/2009 by JPhish]

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 03:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating

I agree, it's not a right or left wing issue

Incorrect. Actors such as Harrison Ford are well-known liberal activists. Even Polanski was a left-wing activist.

So it IS about left-wing-ideology...gone mad.

I disagree, being an "activist" doesn't mean you're a child abuser. You can't compare "free sexuality" gone wrong with being a pedophile. THAT happens on both sides of the political and/or elite fence, as sick and unfortunate as it is. "Free sexuality" is more along the lines of.......everyone in Hollywood and politics?

As far as my new whip, I'm not on the dark side so I'll keep it for now - if for no other reason than to keep you in line.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 03:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Exuberant1

Or should we cease pursuit if they can avoid getting arrested for a few years?

Of course not - up to a point. I think there comes a time that we use our resources for more relevant IE recent crimes, and actually protecting the people with those resources rather than a publicity stunt as this case is. Another words they should of spent the time & money to hunt him down & take him into custody at the time it was more relevant. Now they are just wasting taxpayer money to elevate themselves while the relevance of the case is long lost.

[edit on 29-9-2009 by verylowfrequency]

<<   2  3  4 >>

join