It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange lights over NASA Space Center (Video and Pics)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 02:20 AM
link   
Just to set this story up a little bit, I live on the southeast side of Houston, TX, also known as Clear Lake, TX due to the large lake we have in the middle of our city. NASA's Lyndon B. Johnson Space Center (home of Mission Control) is literally 2 minutes away from me and I'm also about 10 minutes away from Ellington Field, a semi-retired Air Force base.

Tonight while me and my friend were driving we spotted a light hovering over the lake directly across from NASA. I whipped out my camera and caught a quick video of the light as it started to move across the sky. The quality isn't the best (it was much more detailed in real life) but I did what I could. Here is the video:

(click to open player in new window)

After I finished recording, the light stopped moving and hovered for about 30 more seconds before simply disappearing. Soon afterward, we spotted an F-16 cruising the exact same area the light was. I'm not entirely convinced he F-16 was investigating the light, due to the fact that there is a lot of military air traffic in our particular area but it did seem quite coincidental for the time of night.

I took a few screenshots from the video and enhanced the lighting to show more detail:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3e22638ca069.jpg[/atsimg]

This screenshot is from exactly 0:03 of the video:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/960f6d088d04.jpg[/atsimg]

If there was anyone else in the area that saw the same thing, speak up.

Hope you guys enjoy!

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 02:39 AM
link   
yes i agree but where could this all be coming from?

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 02:53 AM
link   
I have no idea. We are only about 10 miles from the Gulf of Mexico here. I was thinking perhaps it was something that came from that general direction perhaps. Or are you thinking deeper? Space?

[edit on 9/29/2009 by leisuredrummer]

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 07:25 AM
link   
I have no clue as to what that could be but it looks a bit too bright to be a plain there seems to be a lot of sighting like this one of late.
Could be a new military craft test i only say that because of where you said it was filmed what ever it is well done S+F

THANKYOU

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 12:15 AM
link   
If it's some sort of military craft I doubt it came from around here. NASA doesn't have a runway and Ellington Field is waaay too public nowdays to get away with anything secret.

I think either it was something that had strolled in from the Gulf or was something much bigger and farther away than it seemed and was actually out over the gulf of Mexico while I was filming it.

new topics

top topics

join