It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

forced to abandon child care arangement

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 01:41 AM
link   

forced to abandon child care arangement

women.timesonline.co.uk

A police officer who was forced by Ofsted to abandon her childcare arrangements has called for inspectors to use discretion in cases where friends look after each other’s children, as the Schools Minister announced a review of the case.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.thecustodyminefield.com

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 01:41 AM
link   
you just couldnt make it up, this just gos to show how controlled we are in england, it is pathetic and its making me more angry every day, i wont say any more, the article speaks for itself, put this with the laws surrounding foster care arrangements and you can see that we live in a dictatorship, we belong to the state

women.timesonline.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 01:55 AM
link   
reply to post by THELONIO

This is the most ludicrous thing I have ever heard. My child had their friend over for tea yesterday. That visit, exceeded the alloted two hours and I therefore broke the law. As will my friend when she returns the favour. They want women and especially single mothers like myself to return to the work place, but they don't seemingly want us to be able to make a living by doing so, they just want more tax floating around in the coffers, tax from me, from the childminders.

Utter madness, bureaucracy gone bozo.

Plus, really, who are the petty-minded meddlers who would report such a thing?

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 02:19 AM
link   
This will just be like the law which says you can not keep a recorded television programme for more than 8 days.... utterly impossible to enforce.

Parents across the country will continue to do this, and so they should.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 02:29 AM
link   
This is absolutely NOTHING to do with child safety and EVERYTHING to do with TAXATION!

With ''reciprocal' arrangements, govenrments cannot take a 'cut'.

However, if the Mother goes to work, the government takes a cut of her wages. It then takes another cut of the wage when she pays the registered child minder, hence the government gets paid twice!

They're not daft the people who run this world and 'child care' is not their interest.......Money and Power IS!

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 02:39 AM
link   
Well, the Government has announced it will do a review of the Law after this came to light, but until then, be careful if you look after your friends kids, as that busy-body, old dear from across the road who hates your cat, will grass you up...

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 02:46 AM
link   
reply to post by THELONIO

How do you Brits stand for such utter nonsense?

You can't possibly take these statutes seriously?

I'd say and ask more but I'm actually sitting here (in mid-America) shaking my head.

My mind is completely boggled on many news stories coming from Britain these days.

My wife visited London long ago and wishes to return...

I replied that, from what I've seen, sadly, it doesn't resemble what it once was... I didn't really comprehend just how correct I was at the time.

Even more so now.

Perhaps, after we've cleaned house here in America we can cross over and lend an honest hand in your house cleaning.

Sad for England

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 02:57 AM
link   
reply to post by DrMattMaddix

Don't worry, they make these laws, but few follow them. Breaking the laws has sadly become easier than fighting against a stupid law.

Both our countries could use a hand getting out of the situations we're in though eh hehe.

top topics

join