It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How often do you scour the skies?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by MisterP

Wow you've seen a lot

I'd settle for a simple light in the sky that defies aerodynamics of today. It seems like people either see them frequently or not at all which might come down to a combination of location and the individual; stuff flies in that area and you happen to be the sort of person to look up.

Have you ever asked around your community for other witnesses?

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Any daytime watchers seeing these high altitude objects.. they are usually always there.

s292.photobucket.com...

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by CosmicTraveler
Any daytime watchers seeing these high altitude objects.. they are usually always there.

s292.photobucket.com...

Hmm, it's hard to judge without landmarks, is it changing direction or speed?

If I had to guess, I'd be leaning towards it being a satellite that's reflecting sunlight and appearing to pulse because it's rotating. That's assuming it's traveling in a straight line.

At least it's clear footage though, good job being ready

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Well my first experience happened like so;

Lying on top of water resivior, a favourite spot to skywatch, with a friend and we're just lying there talking and pondering life like ya do, at this point in my life I'm not a believer in much and I had a closed perception.
For the first time in my life I get into a deep train of thought and for the first time I actually look at the stars and think 'WOW' this is it, this is real, that's out there. I start thinking of different life etc and I joke around with my friend about it and we decide to try 'see something'. So we both just lay there and clear our minds and we thought deeply, 'if anything can hear us, show yourself'. We sent those thoughts out and the energy of love and instantly 3 'dots' appear in the formation of a triangle, the sizes of a dim star and the same brightness of an average star, I don't know if it was one object lightened up at each point or if it were 3 seperate objects in the formation of a triangle, but as it appeared out of no where it started to move at a steady pace still in formation for about 5 seconds then the two 'dots' that were leading (it was triangle formation with the point at the back) faded and the last dot kept following then faded at the same point as the others.

To me that started alot of questions in my life but it was a real 'out of it' feeling when our questions were answered so blatantly.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZombieOctopus
I've been spending a good deal of time searching the heavens over the years, hoping to see what so many others have been so fortunate to see, without luck. I'm curious how much time you all spend looking up, especially if you've seen something.

In the process I've learnt a good deal of the constellations, so no one can say it's a total waste of time

I think it's safe to say I spend about two hours, four or five nights a week, scanning the skies. I try to walk instead of drive at night and my balcony has a good view that I take advantage of while listening to late night radio.

I covered this in my thread "How to photograph/videotape UFOs - A Primer". Whenever I step outside of my apartment building in NYC I start scanning the sky. But, unfortunately, this is a daylight-only activity 'cause I rarely am out at night and when I am I'll look up but all you can see are the brightest of stars and airplanes/helicopters/blimps lights. Since you gotta watch where you step, you don't look up as often as during the day. I have a wish that I could talk my wife into moving to the country just to be able to enjoy looking up at night and enjoying the spectacle, UFOs or not.

I was able to do this in the 1980s when I lived in L.A. I would go down to the darkened pool, recline on a lounge and scan the star-filled sky with naked eyes and with my 7-15X zoom binoculars. That led to my most impressive "UFO" sighting, which later could be seen in many NASA videos from space. What I saw was 3 "stars" in row, not closely spaced but eye-catching. The 3 were the brightest "stars" which is why they caught my attention. I appreciated their unusualness and started to look away when I saw the topmost "star" go from a standstill to what must have been thousands of miles per hour. It was followed by the middle "star" and then the bottom "star". They all took off towards the south. I was flabbergasted.

During the day, when I walk I program myself to remember what is in front of me for a short distance so that I can take glances at the sky above me. When I arrive at an intersection, I'm not like everyone else ready to shoot across the street. I welcome the pause and scan the sky in all directions. One doesn't always see UFOs but one can see many unusual sights that most miss.

Also, back in the '70s I used to spend time on our building's roof with a chair and a telescope appreciating stellar objects. Then the building became a co-op and all of the exit doors were locked and alarmed and I couldn't get the co-op board to approve my being allowed to go to the roof. That was disheartening.

[edit on 29-9-2009 by Skeptical Ed]

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Every night my friend I'm out on my porch staring up at the heavens waiting for something interesting to happen.

I've had a few interesting occurrences, no more so than when I was 11 and witnessed undoubtedly a UFO.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by PatriotG

I had the exact same experience, but didn't see it dim down. It was in the middle of the day, no clouds in the sky. Looked the other way, and - it was gone. Didn't really pay attention to it at first, because I thought it had some kind of logical explanation. It was really high up, but seemed bigger than an star.

Also, it didn't move, but maybe pulsated really slowly. Hard to say, it might have been the air too, it was very distant.

Seems like these incidents are getting more and more common...

reply to post by eathis

Also this one, with the exception, that the "dots" or "stars" moved into the same spot, symmetrically. They were REALLY high up, in the way that the formation filled about 1/5th of the sky.

This is getting freaky..

[edit on 30/9/2009 by Tryptych]

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 03:17 AM
link   
Cool stories. I'm curious, has anyone been looking up for 20, 30, 40 years and come up dry? Or maybe you've been looking for as many years and it finally paid off with a solid sighting that make it all worth while?

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 04:26 AM
link   
reply to post by ZombieOctopus

I'm watching the skies ever since I was a kid. But the first sighting was in 2000.
Since than I've had multiple sightings. The last one was a dark disc flying over me with no sound at noon. I've also seen a huge ball of light hovering just over the tree-line and multiple lights in the sky that changed position very fast. So in the end it does pay of to watch the skies.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join