It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Susan Blackmore super skeptic that cant accept the unknown?? Or does she have some good points??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 12:51 AM
link   
What are your views on Susan blackmore. I think she has some good theroys on memes ect.. Her views on mirror neruons are also interesting. But is she just a women who can accept an afterlife of some sort??? What do you guys think of her?

www.susanblackmore.co.uk...

www.susanblackmore.co.uk...

Crazy, Skeptic,?? What are your views on her?

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 03:46 AM
link   
I think trying to figure out someone's motivations is a waste of time. We can't read minds - at least, no one's clearly proven that we can. Even if we could, it really doesn't matter what Susan Blackmore's motives are.

The question to ask, regardless of who is the speaker (or writer), is whether the points are valid. Period. Even a hardcore skeptic who refuses to accept the unknown may make valid arguments. Even a believer might make poorly thought out arguments. Regardless of why someone says something, we need to look at what they said. If it's valid, it doesn't matter why they said it - they made a good point. Same if it's not valid.

Susan Blackmore seems to make some good points. That doesn't mean she's correct in her conclusions. All it means is that people who disagree with her will need to come up with better arguments if they hope to support their view.

But when all is said and done, we tend to accept what we already believe, using logic to support decisions that were formed without using logic. First we decide; then we try to use logical arguments to justify our decision. Nothing wrong with that. The only thing is, logic is unlikely to change most peoples' minds.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by chiron613

I could not agree with you more
. BUT I was just seeing everyone else's opinion. If they think she has any logic behind her work. The stuff she said shes done in her life, makes you wonder, Mabey she really is on to something.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 04:04 PM
link   
No one has nothing to say about this person?

[edit on 2-10-2009 by Maddogkull]

top topics

join