It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

She's baaaaaack. Palin wrote a book, no not a coloring one.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 11:56 PM
link   

NEW YORK – That was fast.

Sarah Palin, the former Alaska governor and vice presidential candidate, has finished her memoir just four months after the book deal was announced, and the release date has been moved up from the spring to Nov. 17, her publisher said.

The book now has a title, one fitting for a public figure known for the unexpected — "Going Rogue: An American Life."

full text, link
news.yahoo.com...

*sniff*

I smell a candidate in 2012.

Or it's the broccoli. Dunno which.

Enjoy.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 12:01 AM
link   
And you are absolutely she she wrote it herself as opposed to just dictating it?

I mean this is the Tina Fey look alike were talking about.... My apologies to Palin fans.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 12:09 AM
link   
I will read it.

Might even buy it to read it.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 01:10 AM
link   
reply to post by jd140

Same here.

I'm curious.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 01:11 AM
link   
reply to post by titorite

To those that are not her fans, she might just as well have drawn in it.

But it will be interesting.

Betcha it sells more than Pelosi's book.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 02:23 AM
link   
reply to post by mikerussellus

Not hard to do. If I wrote a book it would sell more than Pelosi's book.
Geez.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Palin can write?

Well I never.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Going Rogue: An American Life...Wouldn't the more appropriate title be

Quitting Early: Delusions of Power.

Oh Sarah. Always a source of amusement. SNL is going to loooove a Palin 2012 run.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Dear god, someone check on Eurisko2012, he's going to explode with happy happy joy joy.

The good news for her is that loads of people will buy it to show their support ...
The good news for those who buy it is that most of them can't read.

Just kiddin' folks, don't get all verklempt.

I wonder if she'll blame the evil media and thank our troops?

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Since Palin has made a household name of herself by casting blame for every one of her own short-comings on every possible target but herself, I wonder who she is going to blame when her book doesn't make the Oprah Book Club or the New York Times Best Seller List?

10. Joe the Plumber
9. McCain Campaign Aids
8. Katie Couric
7. Levi Johnston's Family
6. Alaskan Attorney General's Office
5. Bloggers
4. Democrats
3. Liberal-controlled Mainstream Media
2. Jewish-controlled Publishers
1. Amazon-controlled Amazon.com

I wouldn't be surprised if each page of her book was a reflective surface so she could look at herself.

PS - I don't dislike Republicans, just whiny, self-absorbed, tantrum-throwing, self-entitled megalomaniacal rednecks like Palin. I might have even voted for McCain had he picked a better running mate (although in all fairness Biden is no shining star either).

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Okay, I'm not the kind of person who would make a disparaging joke and later refuse to admit it when I was found to be wrong.

Even if Palin isn't my cup of tea, she is apparently a popular choice for many Americans, enough to get her book to the top of the Best Seller Lists.

Sarah Palin Memoir Tops the Charts

Although Glenn Beck's book Arguing with Idiots: How to Stop Small Minds and Big Government and the book How to Survive the End of the World as We Know It: Tactics, Techniques, and Technologies for Uncertain Times by James Wesley Rawles are close behind.

It's interesting to see a common subject on people's minds.

So, I'm sorry for making light of Palin's new book. I'm just thankful, in this instance, that I wasn't right as I won't have to worry now about hearing her whining and casting blame for why her book wasn't as successful as she had hoped.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Silcone Synapse
Palin can write?

Well I never.

Not exactly . It's written by a ghostwriter . A kind of milli vanilliesque offering at best .

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Drexl

At least it wasn't written by an unrepentent terrorist, like Mr. Obama's was. Be certain that Palin's book will be scrutinized if anyone was found helping Palin with her book, but the discovery of Mr. Obama's author was buried by them.

Typical.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 11:50 AM
link   
I have only two words about this: ghost writers.

Please don't tell me she left being governor to do this.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

She has more issues with the English language than bush minor did...does anyone really think she actually wrote a single word of it?

Her ghost writer is probably still on a bender after working with her.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by RRconservative

That may well be possible . It is suspected Obama (the US ) is in support of the terrorist group the ' Mujahedin-e-Khalq Organization ' in Iraq and the Jundallah in Iran and western pakistan , as was GW Bush which is known for a fact via that ABC news report. They are in link with terrorists everywhere , glad some are beginning to see that .

Anyway, as to the book. I bet there were millions of people just dying to witness the tragedy of her literary attempt and went and purchased the book just for fun and giggles . Only to find out to their bitter disappointment that she had welched on them and denied them their fun by employing this said ghost writer.

Not to mention her ghost writer accomplice pally's around with racists and white supremacists too! You must be as shocked and aghast about that as I am , considering your righteous stand against those terrorist friends of Obamas.

[edit on 4-10-2009 by Drexl]

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 04:20 AM
link   
That is why many americans have this fascination with her . It is the absurdity of her persona , the preposterous nature of her mission . She is the american equivalent of Jade Goody . It is the national equivalent of the village idiot, the modern equivalent of the court jester . There will always be people willing to observe those traits for reasons of personal amusement , it is just human nature. She , like Jade Goody will no doubt make a good profit on that morbid curiosity with the ridiculous.

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 05:23 AM
link   
So, Sara Palin has a book out.

My thoughts on that are: Who cares.

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 06:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by mikerussellus
I smell a candidate in 2012.

I doubt it.
Her resume is this - Mayor of a small town and a 1/2 term as gov.
She quit. That's what she'll be remembered for.

Then again, America was stuuuuuuuupid enough to put Obama in office.
America was stuuuuuuuuuuuupid enough to keep Dodd and Barney Frank in.
America was stuuuuuuuuupid enough to put Grahm in office.
America was stuuuuuuuuupid enough to put Dan Quayle in office.
etc etc

Perhaps we are so collectively stupid that we'd put Palin in.
Afterall ... our collective track record isn't so good ... is it?

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 06:40 AM
link   
Sarah Palin is a shining pillar of hope for the mentally handicapped of the world. It shows them, perhaps they too, can one day become a governor and run for president.

I only had one question about the book, but you answered that in the title of the post, ... very informative.

Why anyone would want to read anything from this woman is beyond me, I'm sure anything worth reading was embelished by her ghost writer.

... and to all of her fans, the book was due for an earlier release, but unfortunately the first draft was lost, .... when her neice shook the Etch-a-Scetch that it was written on.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join