It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What has (peaceful) protest done for us?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Disclaimer: I am not advocating violence but I am surely capable of it now.

I have seen many patriots get off their couches and into the streets. I have seen the Tea Party protests, millions march onto Washington D.C., and many brave souls protest the G20. This is what I have noticed:

NO ONE IS LISTENING!
POLITICIANS DON'T CARE!
MEDIA MAKES FUN OF THEM!
THEY ARE CALLED TERRORISTS!
THEY ARE CALLED ANARCHISTS!
THEY ARE BEATEN BY POLICE!
THEY ARE COMPLETELY DISREGARDED!

"Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable."
John F. Kennedy, In a speech at the White House, 1962

I hate to say it, but I think it is time to abandon peaceful revolution. How much longer will we allow police to beat and electrocute innocent and defenseless citizens. How much longer will we allow corporations to lobby D.C. How much longer will we allow ourselves to be taxed to death. How much longer will we be slaves.

I'm at the end. Is there a better course of action other than dragging our entire government into the streets in the middle of the night?

[edit on 28-9-2009 by Longtimegone]

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 11:47 PM
link   
I understand your concern, but are you really thinking this through? Sure time is running out, and we have a long way to go to reach the end zone, but I am sure there is a Brett Favre out there that can wing the ball to the endzone and make a miraculous play without having to see many good people die for the actions of a few, but I could be wrong.

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Longtimegone
Disclaimer: I am not advocating violence but I am surely capable of it now.

I don't mean to have a go at you but I read your OP and you are advocating violence, because you said:

I hate to say it, but I think it is time to abandon peaceful revolution.

Also ...

How much longer will we allow corporations to lobby D.C. How much longer will we allow ourselves to be taxed to death. How much longer will we be slaves.

Pretty much as long as you/we keep buying their products. No mobs with pitchforks required, stop perpetual consumption and I promise you not only they will listen but they will be impotent.

I'm at the end. Is there a better course of action other than dragging our entire government into the streets in the middle of the night?

“You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete.”
Buckminster Fuller

Again, understand what it is you are fighting against ... it isn't the government.

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 11:53 PM
link   
The swine flu vaccinations are going to turn the tide, if they keep mandating that people get them.
When you mess with people's kids, like they are doing in NJ, you are going to piss off a sleeping giant.
Unless that is the intention. All the better to institute a martial law scenario.

All the timing is too right with this crap.
financial collapse, socialized medicine and government, as well as a socialized monetary system, weapon control, restriction of food, and medicine, taxes, and vaccinations.
All leading to one inexorable fact, "We need to get off the couch"

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 12:07 AM
link   

NO ONE IS LISTENING!
POLITICIANS DON'T CARE!
MEDIA MAKES FUN OF THEM!
THEY ARE CALLED TERRORISTS!
THEY ARE CALLED ANARCHISTS!
THEY ARE BEATEN BY POLICE!
THEY ARE COMPLETELY DISREGARDED!

Listen to you.

Obviously some things are not for everybody. But thats how we get reeled.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 10:34 PM
link   
I covered protest in south Florida for a few years and they can make a difference. Anti war, animal rights, Christian rights, etc. Some got enough attention to make changes. Here are some of the ones I covered - www.pbase.com...

I would agree that the parents not wanting their kids getting jabbed will be the hottest protest we have seen in a long time.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 09:07 PM
link   
A few of you guys think that the swine flu vaccines will push everyone over the edge. I think that TPTB know just how far to push us. Just far enough to take more of our rights but not so far that we care.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

“You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete.” Buckminster Fuller

How do we make a new model. Every square cm of land on Earth is controlled by corrupt governments. We can change our government by electing honest hard working politicians but everyone rather elect a democrat or republican.

[edit on 30-9-2009 by Longtimegone]

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by glevel

I've been wondering the same thing. The current line of protesting isn't working. But, a major part of the problem is different groups protesting different things... more bike lanes/trails, granola vs trail mix, and other trifling things. Those that just want a reason to destroy things also don't help any protest, it would be in the protestors interest to kick the crud out of them, and toss em to the cops.

The only way that peaceful protest works is if there are a lot of protestors. So many that even the police would have trouble just simply carting them off. Look at the resistance lead by Ghandi. There were a LOT of people pulling in the same direction. Peacefull protest can only work with sheer huge numbers... which there are not. It's not for lack of people that agree with the protests, those people are too busy working to survive that they don't have either the time or the energy to join.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Comparing peaceful TEA Party protestors and G20 riot ingrates is disgusting.

The peaceful TEA Party protests did have an effect. Have you noticed that Government Run Health Care is dying a slow death? The TEA Party protest results will be seen during the 2010 elections.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Longtimegone

i highly suggest that you watch the documentary 10 Questions for the Dalai Lama, no matter your religious stance...

here's just one part of it:

violence is never the answer, unless you actually enjoy being held back in a primitive world with "modern" cavemen using their fossil fuels and living by their rules...

if you know that they are wrong in their actions, and that they use violence, what makes you think that you're better then them if you condone violence too?

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by RRconservative

The peaceful TEA Party protests did have an effect. Have you noticed that Government Run Health Care is dying a slow death? The TEA Party protest results will be seen during the 2010 elections.

What will 2010 and 2012 elections bring? Republicans? Different side of the same coin. Outside of your circle of friends and my circle of friends, the Tea Party protesters are known as TEA BAGGERS! Their message is minimalized. The surprising fact is that it isn't just the Daily Show or the Colbert Report doing this. Major news networks are making these jokes and you know what...this is make the majority of America listens to.

[edit on 30-9-2009 by Longtimegone]

top topics

join