ABOUT ATS: (comments on the new info threads)

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join

posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Yikes! I missed the part about using $#%^& symbols as curse words. Wondering is using the term "Expletive Deletive" would be ok or not?

As an example: I was walking along, and wasn't paying attention, and fell in a hole whereupon I uttered an expletive deletive.

Just curious

posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by tommytrouble
Yikes! I missed the part about using $#%^& symbols as curse words. Wondering is using the term "Expletive Deletive" would be ok or not?

As an example: I was walking along, and wasn't paying attention, and fell in a hole whereupon I uttered an expletive deletive.

Why make it look like an edit?
How about, "I fell into a hole and uttered words that would make a sailor blush" or "salty language"?

I think people understand what you could be saying if you hit your thumb with a hammer. What is not needed is salty, off-color language for the sake of salty, off-color language. Instead of the shock value, I think it turns most readers off!

edit: spelling

[edit on 26-4-2006 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Jun, 2 2006 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Thank you for censoring profanity. I have to hear it all day, and from television and other people's radio. It is lovely not to have to concern myself with it here.

I only wish there were a way to fairly censor intents in posting, when it is purposely intended to offend. I've had comments made about my posts from time to time that if given in person would have required a slap in the face and challenge to a duel in former years, and even now would have warranted a visit from a son or husband to the one speaking to me in such a fashion.

However, over all, I think the moderators here try their very best to be impersonal and fair.

posted on Jun, 30 2006 @ 01:28 PM
link   
hopefully it will all go to the same place? for the umteenth zillionth time what happen to point and click. when i quote i should have been able to highlight and click. I authored a blog but I would like to edit it's content.

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 02:15 AM
link   
I have a question about the points system. I've been here for a while now, and have seen numerous people with minuspoints. How is it possible to get these points? Is it only by a glitch in the system?

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 02:21 AM
link   
Yeah, it's a glitch. If you'd care to take a look at my BTS points . . . *blush* . . . you would see that I am far into the negatives. That is because when I buy something in the ATS Store using 'Combined Points,' it just takes them all off my BTS points, so it takes a graceful dive into the negatives.

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by watch_the_rocks
Yeah, it's a glitch. If you'd care to take a look at my BTS points . . . *blush* . . . you would see that I am far into the negatives. That is because when I buy something in the ATS Store using 'Combined Points,' it just takes them all off my BTS points, so it takes a graceful dive into the negatives.

Strange... Your points look okay to me...

Springer...

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Okay, thanks for the fast reply.
I was also wondering about BTS. I can't seem to stay logged in there, even if I am logged in on ats, is that's how it's supposed to be?

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 04:16 PM
link   
I as a numbskull accidentally deleted all of my subscribed to threads. Are they gone forever or can I get them back or do I have to build them back up?

It's not like I'm an AOL beginner either! I can't believe I did it!

posted on Aug, 12 2006 @ 05:08 AM
link   
I was posting on a thread titled "another prediction?" yesterday, and today I can't read the thread because I get a message that it is only accessible to moderators. Why did it become off limits?

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 10:07 PM
link   
To the administrators,
I'm just a humble member grateful to have found ATS. During my so far 7 weeks stay, I have, as a mature senior, learned to accept things as they are. Which not nessacarily means I agree.

Before I go on to address the issue on my mind, let me express my gratitude for the frequent applauses I've recieved.

What's on my mind is the updating of points gained for contributions to ATSNN. They don't seem, like they do on any other thread, to update automaticly.

Almost every time I've made a contribution to ATSNN, I've had to go through the humiliation - as it is to me - of complaining about the missing points. When there's no reaction to me hitting the complain buttom, it becomes downright frustrating.

I've spend all morning studying threads about points and learned a few things, and yes, some might call me a point whore. Fine with me. I now got a more clear view on the system. Let me just point out an inconsistency: The "submit news" instructions says: you'll get 750 points for posts upgraded to ATSNN, but now I read in Simon Gray's updated "The points system" that an accepted submission earns 250 ATS points.

That's what I've been getting, so why it says 750 in the instructions?

Yeah, "been getting", cause now I'm stuck again in the limbo of no respons to my complains.

I have to ask Simon to hit that magic "fix point" buttom, cause my last 2 submissions upgraded hasn't recieved their promised points.

I fully agree with Simon "The intent of the points system on our forums is to provide a more meaningful measure of your contribution to the community than simple post-count." Then others can call it whatever they like.

To 2 upgraded submissions in question are:
Possible Preparation for 2nd Test in North Korea
"Confidence in U.S. Foreign Policy" survey Finds Growing Anxiety

posted on Oct, 21 2006 @ 07:14 AM
link   
For the record:
I didn't recieve the awarded 250 point for my upgraded contribution to ATSNN
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Makes total missing points 750.

posted on Dec, 3 2006 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Regarding Signatures and Graphics:

It is good to see some rational limits being put into place. It specificaly mentions not being allowed to include text or graphics that would tend to offend specific groups. Personaly I think it is time to get rid of the " Shop Israel", "Dont shop Israel" tags many have put up. It only fans the flames and furthers the conflict with little positive outcome. Seems to me it is contrary to the rules on signature tags as I read them so why not take them down and move forward to a board with less deliberate conflict. Are they realy necessary?

posted on Dec, 3 2006 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Also it sais that Avatars when photos of people Must be dressed in a shirt and pants. This was due to an ever decreasing level of clothing towards a more naked result. Would the Avavtar of Westpoint23 thus be out of compliance? Tshirts have more material than that Avatar is wearing. Not that I mind the photo, but just what is acceptable and how do the regulations get overseen?

[edit on 3-12-2006 by Terapin]

posted on Dec, 22 2006 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Under the points values for ATS, BTS and PTS there is a gray bar.
What is this bar for?

Danica

[edit on 12/22/06 by miss_gymnast004]

posted on Dec, 22 2006 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by miss_gymnast004
Under the points values for ATS, BTS and PTS there is a gray bar.
What is this bar for?

Here ya go:

post/applause bar

[edit on 12/22/2006 by Mechanic 32]

posted on Dec, 24 2006 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Another question. How can you check how many posts you've made?

Danica

posted on Dec, 24 2006 @ 01:25 PM
link   
click "user profile" at the bottom of your post

[edit on 12/24/2006 by Mechanic 32]

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 01:14 AM
link   
Well, I really don't get it. I have read through the points system explanation but I cannot see how I have been here since 2004 and made over 900 posts - quite a few have been started by me, but I have seen quite a few people who have joined the newby flood recently and one person actually has about a third the points I have with 17 posts.

Now, tell me just how this is possible? I even reviewed their threads, and yes they had one post they started with 6 posts and one announced WATS award.

Tell me how I get an average of 11.6 points/post and someone else can get 149 points/post for their posts in a matter of 5 days??

I seriously think ATS does play on being in a clique to motivate posts.

Maybe, as a suggestion the member profiles could be altered to show posts and the amount of points accrued from them so we can tell how one obtains points and from what quality they are derived, because in a lot of cases, I just don't see it.

posted on Apr, 8 2007 @ 02:00 AM
link   
thanks for the info it's very useful

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join