It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ABOUT ATS: (comments on the new info threads)

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2005 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Welcome! By far the most helpful link is Zedd's ATS Handbook but also check out the Terms and Conditions.

If you have any questions whatsoever, feel free to u2u me, or any other member of the staff. We'll get right on it.

Enjoy your stay!

posted on Apr, 30 2005 @ 01:18 AM
link   
How come no points from BTS? Strange, isn't that a great part of the ATS Community? It helps keep ATS clean, does it not?

posted on Apr, 30 2005 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by James the Lesser
How come no points from BTS? Strange, isn't that a great part of the ATS Community? It helps keep ATS clean, does it not?

Actually you do get points in BTS just not as many as ATS. It would be nice if they upped the points because BTS is a great place and I think a lot of people don't post over there or even check it out because they don't realize how great it is. And because they want to accumulate points.

posted on Apr, 30 2005 @ 02:26 PM
link   
You get 2 points per post.

I could care less about points, I use em for milestones (22,222 or something like that. I'm looking forward to 31,337 points
) but points are really pretty useless. The post count is what really matters, what really is a good way to see what someone is 'worth.' You see all these BTS people with a "small" number of points, but a huge bar. The points matter not, but they're worthy of respect for what they have to say.

"It's not the number of points, it's how you use em."

posted on May, 9 2005 @ 07:09 AM
link   
I was wondering why we can not use 24-bit Bitmaps for our Avatars if the image is the correct size? I have a nice pic I want to use, but if I change it to JPEG or GIF I lose much of its quality. Is there a spacific reason why we (all ATS members) can not use Bitmaps?

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 06:37 AM
link   
I applaud your sensibility about tag lines and avatars, after all this is supposed to be a communication medium, not an art form (but then, I'm from the old school).
Your FAQ on avatars really doesn't answer the question. It does not tell me how to attach my avatar. I do not have a URL because my hard drive is not and never will be published to the internet.
Having said that, how do I get an avatar attached to my account, is there someplace I must upload it to?
Banjo

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 06:43 AM
link   
OK, guys, what's the deal.
I try to change the time offset and it keeps changing back on me.
I don't live 12 hours away from GMT, can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong?
Banjo

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 08:22 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...
"We do maintain a log of all warnings applied to members for our staff to review, but there have been occasions where a severe offense has received more than one warning from more than on staff member. "

I think you mean one not on. Just noticed it and thought you might wish to change it.

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 08:29 PM
link   
A typo?! OH NOES!

Simon is a person too. Cut the man a little slack, that "e" is tricky sometimes.

Worse things have happened.

Oh, and banjo, you've gotta reset it each time, it automatically goes back to default each time you open the page.

[edit on 6/9/2005 by Amorymeltzer]

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 08:34 PM
link   
From what I have read here on page 5, this thread seems to be getting a little out line.

ATS is ATS; seems to me if You don't like the management - complain. If Management has not corrected your complaint then perhaps Leave..

Dallas

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 11:52 AM
link   
AS A NEW MEMBER of the ATS community, I found your post about the 'bad-word' filters very enlightening. I am trying to imagine the amount of information that is not reachable simply because the filters are not filtering.

It is very wise of this site to employ such features. I have seen tons of good information on unfiltered sites that is spoiled by unecessarily blue language.

In my actual 3-demensional life, I am, at times, prone to use words and phrases that would warrent a healthy slap from the majority of mothers, aunts, grandmothers, and caring fathers and brothers. However, when I wish to communicate with one of these people, I would dare not use language that would impede my making whatever point or statement I was trying to convey to them. Such a conversation would come to an abrupt end, due to the fact that I would be perceived as disrespectful.

Putting it so concisely, and simply stated, as you have done gives me pause to wonder: How many people STILL insist on pushing those limits? If these limits were not imposed, the very opinions they are espousing would merely reach a contingency of like-mouthed individuals. Perhaps that is what they want; to boldly go where lots of other people go all the time...

It is refreshing that there is an explanation for everything ATS is up to in the form of these links. Other sites have not the experience or know-how, by and large, and perhaps this explains why it took me so long to even hear about ATS. But hear I did, and here I am.

Good Day,
Dave Ravin

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amorymeltzer
A typo?! OH NOES!

Simon is a person too. Cut the man a little slack, that "e" is tricky sometimes.

Worse things have happened.

Oh, and banjo, you've gotta reset it each time, it automatically goes back to default each time you open the page.

[edit on 6/9/2005 by Amorymeltzer]

Of course, but I thought it would be best to alert everyone. At least this way it gets fixed.

posted on Aug, 14 2005 @ 10:35 PM
link   
I tried to log onto BTS with this name a little while ago, and it said that the username/password appears to be incorrect. Do you guys have any suggestions?

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 06:52 PM
link   
I hate to be obtuse, but I just don't get the point of breaking down the point system into three rubrics. When we 'buy" something from which account do the points come? If we buy upload space, for example, are we buying space for one board only, or all the boards simultaneously? For enough people to part with a million points to implement this plan, there must be some advantage, but I have to admit, I don't get it. Could someone please clue me in?

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by gimmefootball400
I tried to log onto BTS with this name a little while ago, and it said that the username/password appears to be incorrect. Do you guys have any suggestions?

was your caps button on?

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
I hate to be obtuse, but I just don't get the point of breaking down the point system into three rubrics. When we 'buy" something from which account do the points come? If we buy upload space, for example, are we buying space for one board only, or all the boards simultaneously? For enough people to part with a million points to implement this plan, there must be some advantage, but I have to admit, I don't get it. Could someone please clue me in?

Your not alone on this Grady, I have no idea why it was done either

posted on Aug, 19 2005 @ 04:50 PM
link   
I'm sure i cant buy anything or such, yet. But, is the ATS Store closed/maitnence etc.? I cant seem to get it to work on Firefox or Internet Explorer

posted on Aug, 19 2005 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Foxtrot23
I'm sure i cant buy anything or such, yet. But, is the ATS Store closed/maitnence etc.? I cant seem to get it to work on Firefox or Internet Explorer

Works for me on FF just fine. Not sure why you're having the issue.

For that matter, this store works too: www.cafepress.com...

posted on Aug, 21 2005 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Strange, Doesent work on 2 PCs (My Gaming PC or some old 1999 Windows 2000 PC) Also , umm i meant the Points store? I thought that was a feature.. not sure now , was last year..

Its the way you get (or could get) mini profile background/color changes and such.

[edit on 21-8-2005 by Foxtrot23]

posted on Aug, 23 2005 @ 10:50 PM
link   
I noticed something very odd about the new points system when it switched over - I ended up with something like almost 400 points to the negative (-394 or something like that, I think.

I've tried to find the answer in this thread but maybe I missed it.

Anyway, no one should go to any special trouble about this because the points are not that important to me, anyway. I don't even want an avatar.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join