It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ABOUT ATS: (comments on the new info threads)

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Usually I use quoting because it is simple and I'm in a hurry
or just lazy that day. I understand the data base issue
however now that the point has been mentioned and
will keep quoting to a minimum. Thanks for the heads up.

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 11:54 AM
link   
G'day from WA
I'm a newbie and just starting to see what the points are... mmm maybe? but any way what's a mod? Apart from a bloke on a scooter from the 60's.

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Uh, yeah I just had a question about the point system and I thought this would be the best place to ask. What happens if you reply to a thread or you make a thread, get some points and then a moderator moves it to BTS? Do you get points taken away or something?

posted on Dec, 10 2004 @ 11:01 PM
link   
I believe that what Simon is stating is true. There shouldn't be anything offensive about a person's Avatars or their representation of themselves on his site

posted on Dec, 10 2004 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Excellent as usual, SkepticOverlord.

Originally posted by marg6043
I like to see this points adding up, even when I don't what I am going to do with them

If you save up 7 million ATS points, you can purchase an AV-8B Harrier jump jet -- painted in distinctive ATS colors -- in the Member Store. It's a joint promotion with PepsiCo�.

Fuel, support equipment, maintenance crew, pilot training, shipping, handling, licensing and weaponry not included.

posted on Dec, 11 2004 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Will it provide the answer to the question I asked here: www.abovetopsecret.com... to CoreMetrics and ATSNN?

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Umm, it seems a bit off the present topic of this thread, but as a link to it was given for discussion in reguard to staff warnings....here goes:

On a couple of occasions I have (for lack of a better term) been "attacked" by certain other members, personally insulted, ridiculed, called names, etc.....on these occasions I waited, sure that they would be warned....but they were not.

One in particular continued to heap on the abuse, even though I had not and did not stoop to insulting them in return, trying only to refute their insults by explaining and defending my position.

When that did no good, I finally asked one why they were making the discussion so intensly ugly on a personal level.....asking if they thought I was someone else, someone they had some previous quarrel with. (Others in the same thread held the same position as I, even to a greater level, but I was chosed for the most insulting responses) As a last resort, I hit the ignore button.

Should I have notified a mod ? I thought that would have been a bit presumptous on my part, but no one higher up seemed to notice his behavior ( even though it seemed to be rather trollish ). I can deal with some one disagreeing with me - that happens all the time - but when they are unreasonably nasty, is there anything I should do? ( Other than hit that ignore button?)

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by frayed1

Should I have notified a mod ?

Yes.

You can U2U any of us directly, or use the "comments" button up at the top of your screen there to get us all at once.

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Thanks, Banshee

I feel better just knowing I could drop one or all a line if I need to in the future. Cheers!

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Majic
Fuel, support equipment, maintenance crew, pilot training, shipping, handling, licensing and weaponry not included.

There is always a catch, whats the point in saving my points for one of them if I can't afford to kit it out with the latest weaponary?

I suppose I could always sell it on e-bay.

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Can someone tell me how to change the colour around my avatar like the poster has done in the above post?

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flyer
Can someone tell me how to change the colour around my avatar like the poster has done in the above post?

Sure.. click membercenter on the top right by the submitnews button then click ATS Store then click "Custom mini-profile background color" choose the color you want and copy the seleted color numbers and paste it into the box then press enter.

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Does anyone know why Im no longer able to get into RATS. I bought it with my points several months ago. I tried to log in today and it say I need to buy it again.

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by brykc14
Does anyone know why Im no longer able to get into RATS. I bought it with my points several months ago. I tried to log in today and it say I need to buy it again.

Yes.. you now have to pay every month of 5000 points to gain access to RATS for that month after that you will have to pay another 5000 to get back in if you want.. and so on and so on hope this helps

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by brykc14

It's a one time 5000 point fee and 250 points per month after. Please read the following thread as it explains everything.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Thank alot, I was beginning to worry when I saw 5000 a month. 250 I can handle.

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Removing my avatar (which isn't even hosted on your server!!!) is ridiculous. It was well within the max allowed dimensions.

It's hosted on Imageshack, not here. You should explain this to your mods.

img90.exs.cx...

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 03:46 PM
link   
The avatar size is 194.81 KB, well above the limit. That is why I removed it.

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Damned
Removing my avatar (which isn't even hosted on your server!!!) is ridiculous. It was well within the max allowed dimensions.

It's hosted on Imageshack, not here. You should explain this to your mods.

You can also find the avatar requirements here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

(and at the top of the page)

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 03:49 PM
link   
It's not hosted on your server, and therefore takes up none of your bandwidth, though. Filesize should only matter if I upload it to the ATS server, which I didn't.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join