It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ABOUT ATS: (comments on the new info threads)

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

just a test post

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 01:10 AM
link   
Two days ago I could see the previous comments from the thread, while typing up my post, but today I can no longer see them unless I open a new tab or go back to check the thread I'm posting in. Why is this? What happened?

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 01:13 AM
link   
reply to post by mmariebored

You should only be able to see previous comments on threads one page or less in length...

When the thread goes to two pages, or more, the previous comments are not viewable from the "Posting window"

Semper

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 01:22 AM
link   
reply to post by semperfortis

I know I should be able to see only one page of posts while posting, I could two days ago, but now I can't see them at all. No previous posts at all, not one, while typing up my post.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Ive just read about the points that get awarded,,I want to know how I got 5000?

Thanx

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Hello?

anyone actually checking this thread anymore
I really wanna know what Ive done to deserve so many points

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Alienmindflare

Did you register with twitter?

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

Whos Twitter?

No I didnt

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Alienmindflare

5000 points

William One Sac awarded you 5000 points for your artistic contributions to TinWiki

Congratulations!

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by americandingbat

oh wow,,,thats great,,and thank you

and thanx for letting me know

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Been looking around and I can't find the answer I'm looking for, so I'll ask here. This seems like the right place. Anyway....

Why do I have negative BTS points? And why so many? I've only posted there a few times. I don't understand how I can have a negative point total for doing almost nothing. Unless it's because I completely botched my Progressive Rock thread, which still makes little sense.

Not that I really care, I just don't understand what happened.

Any takers?

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by TheLoony

You obviously have a different "Background Color"...

When you purchased it in the "Members Center" you obviously choose "Use Combined Points", that means it took an equal amount of points from both ATS and BTS..

As like most posters, including me, you have less BTS Points, your BTS points wound up in the negative..

Hope this helps

Semper

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by semperfortis

Actually, I think it was the entrance into RATS that got me. Ok, I get it now what happened. Thanks!

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 03:14 PM
link   
A concern?

Since I'm new to the board, I notice that my personal post re-editing shows no change from the original post. The same thing(?) happens on other posts I see.

If my posts don't showsre-edited changes, how do I know whether the other posts are full length or not? Mine don't change; do other members have this problem?

I fully admit, honestly, that one way to make sure my post is actually showing the changes I make in editing, is to quote myself with new, different information and that technique does the trick. The software recognizes the change and logs the post accurately.

I defer to the experienced Moderators.
Am I missing something on a chat board this large?
Is there something like a full thread devoted to tutoring on the software peculiarities?

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Hello,

I'm a new member and I've searched for quite a while around Board bus & q, but can't seem to find a direct answer to my question...

so knowing how bored Adm. must be with not having to keep up with many questions--huge joke--I know you guys and gals are very dedicated and busy by the quality here... I pose this question:

When you post a new thread, when does it lose its significance, if you're not getting any contributions from other members? In other words, when should you stop updating, keeping a monologue going on? Even if ethically you've in essence promised to do so in introducing the thread in the first place?

thanks in advance for your response.

this is an awesome website--one of the best posting sites I've had the opportunity to be involved with

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 01:00 AM
link   
I already see the value in having posting rules like what you have here. I could never see why it was necessary to quote the entire post just to respond to one point in the post. Also multiple quotes within a reply makes it hard to see what is being addressed.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 08:05 AM
link   
I cannot for the life of me find the suggestions button

Does it still exist?

Could somebody please relieve me of my ignorance

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by The_Modulus

It's under "Member Tools" on the toolbar.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

There's the link too.

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 06:06 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Hello there,

How many points do I need to get into RATS? I did search around but couldn't find info and was directed to this thread.

Thanks!

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join