It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where is the Beer Summit for the Good People of Pittsburgh Mr. President?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by JayinAR
Thanks for this thread, proto.
I think this sort of thing is good ever once in a while.
Where is MY BEER, Obama?

Afterall, I actually sat here and monitored the negligence of your crew for two days, off and on.

Aside from that, I'll be back tomorrow to catch up on what I HOPE will be a blockbuster thread by tomorrow.

I would expect nothing less.

You are welcome frieand Jay I think it's important we have venues and forums to share our shock and frustration and dissapointment with the tyrants and despots in Washington and the fact that they are too cheap to buy all of us a beer when offended but only a select few!

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 09:36 AM
link   
This is the only thing I am going to say about this.

Obama put his foot in his mouth with the cop & the harvard professor case. (Therefore he had something to appologize for, and hence the beer summit.)

Obama made no idiotic racist remark (that we know of) about the protesters at the G 20 summit.

No foot in mouth disease = no beer summit.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

He was quick to speak though and quick to react when it came to a friend and promoting the idea of racism being behind it as a means to solidify support amongst minorities despite the fact that he is failing misserably in his promises to the voters.

Last night a black employee of a supermarket chain was outside the store doing some cleaning and maintenance and when I got off my bicycle to lock it up and park it, he saw me, approached me and went in to a lengthy rant about the government and the economy and how dissapointed he is with Obama.

I think Obama's hasty comments regarding the police incident in Cambridge was an orchestrated attempt to shore up support from people who might support him to the end just because he is black and just because he pays lip service to championing minority rights.

He sure does! He seems to be determined to turn the majority of this country into an impoverished mass and treat that as a rightless and voiceless minority and that sure was evident in not just how the Police and Government approached G-20 protests but what Obama hasn't said about them in my humble oppinion.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 07:21 AM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Kinda funny, when Obama makes an off the cuff remark about police being overbearing, he is chastised and has to save face by going out of his way to apologize for his remarks face to face with the people that he remarked about.

THEN

The G 20 summit and a bunch of anarchists (Yes that's right Anarchists, not just protesters, Anarchists) get shoved around by the cops, Obama makes no silly remarks about it and again hes chastised.

The guy can't win for loosing.

What would make you happy? If the guy quit? Pulled a Palin? No, I don't think that would make you happy either, I think that you would most likely chastise him about quitting his job.

What were the police supposed to do with people being disorderly? Yes protesting has it's place. But when you start breaking things and smashing windows, that's not protesting.

It's funny how the news did not report on the legitimate protesters at the G 20 summit. I wonder why? Maybe, just maybe, the legitimate protesters weren't smashing things and going off of the permitted demonstration route.

So what, is Obama supposed to apologize to anarchists now? It's funny, people hate Obama in this country so much they are blind to the actual facts of the situation and want to demonize this president because of imagined evils this guy is bringing to the US.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Awe is someone picking on your idol?

The bum should have never been elected President, he's absolutely the worst cheif executive to ever sully the White House.

How many promises have the Anarchist broken.

Obama's broken 100% of his including sticking his foot in his mouth.

Did you actually watch the videos of the protests that they police first fired rubber bullets, bean bags, tear gas, pepper spray and their sonic sound cannon at.

Are you even aware that there was a CNN reporter in the crowd that stated the protest was peaceful after he was able to get over the effects of the tear gas?

No, you got your talking points to defend a tyrant.

do you even know the proper definition of an anarchist, I will certainly take one of thos over a posturing tyrant and a liar any day.

But hey that's just me, I have a real head on my shoulders!

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Why don't you tell us about how Obama can't possibly oversee the FED's purchase of more than 100% of the mortgages sold in 2009?

Lightweight.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Awe is someone picking on your idol?

Someone is picking on Robin Williams!
Ill kick there [snip]!

The bum should have never been elected President, he's absolutely the worst cheif executive to ever sully the White House.

Everyone knows that Carter was far worse than Obama can ever be. Don't give me that garbage.

How many promises have the Anarchist broken.

Obama's broken 100% of his including sticking his foot in his mouth.

LIE! Obama has as of this date broken 7 of his promises. So that is 100% to you? Really?

Did you actually watch the videos of the protests that they police first fired rubber bullets, bean bags, tear gas, pepper spray and their sonic sound cannon at.

And they were warned beforehand to vacate the area. The proper response by the protesters would have been to leave and then file a grievance. Instead what do these Anarchists do? They start breaking things.

I believe in protests. I think quite highly of all the tea party protests and the other protests that go on in the country. I believe it's not only our right but our duty as Americans to protest what we feel is wrong with the country.

However saying that, when you start becoming disorderly you miss the part about peaceful assembly. Specifically the peaceful part. Of course your deliberately confusing the issue. (Ill get to that in a second)

Are you even aware that there was a CNN reporter in the crowd that stated the protest was peaceful after he was able to get over the effects of the tear gas?

Yes I am aware of that, in fact I put it on my blog. I also know the difference between a peaceful protest and people starting a riot. What should the cops have done? Let these anarchists destroy the place? Is that what they should have done? Let them burn down Pittsburgh? Course then I guess you would have complained about Obama doing nothing while a city burned.

No, you got your talking points to defend a tyrant.

Better than putting forth bold face lies and misinformation to push an agenda that isn't based in reality but on fear and hate.

do you even know the proper definition of an anarchist, I will certainly take one of thos over a posturing tyrant and a liar any day.

Exactly what has Obama done that is tyrannical? Has he tortured POWs? No wait that was the last guy. Has he started a war using lies and misinformation? Wait, again that was the last guy. A war by the way that has cost US taxpayers nearly $700,000,000,000.00 A war forced on this country through a lie.

Anarchy is a lack of government. Yea that would be great wouldn't it? People taking care of themselves? Grouping themselves into gangs for protection? Endless turf wars. Yea anarchy would be so keen!

But hey that's just me, I have a real head on my shoulders!

Well, keep thinking for yourself. Just do yourself a favor and question why you think that way. See if you can come up with something better.

Now as promised, The Beer summit was more to apologize to the officer for the offensive remarks than it was for the Harvard Professor. Obama wasn't just inviting his buddy over for a beer. He was taking the time to apologize for a remark that he made about a situation he knew too little about.

Course I guess in your mind It's ok for a police officer to harass a person in his home. I guess that's ok. He should have taken down the Harvard Professor right?

But good god, if they happen to tear gas a crowd that is on the verge of rioting then it's offensive. Lets look at this reasonably. Groups need a permit to schedule a protest of that size. Tea party protesters do it. Neo Nazis do it, the KKK do it. They get permission and have everything organized beforehand. But these guys in Pittsburgh decided that they didn't' need no stinking permit. And apparently didn't need to follow the ideal of peaceful protest to include not smashing windows and trying to trash the place.

So what is Obama to do? Throw a huge Kegger on the white house lawn?

After Obama was elected, I saw this board change drastically. All of a sudden people stopped thinking for themselves, and jumped on the hate Obama bandwagon. Well I still think for myself. And when Obama really starts screwing up (like he did with the professor) Ill be right with you.

But I still state that Carter was the worst president in our lifetime.

[edit on 10/1/2009 by whatukno]

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 02:00 AM
link   
Oh and for further reading on these "peaceful anarchists"

anarchistnews.org

Imagine, if you will, gentle reader, the animist version of this story in which dumpsters, long accused of complicity in anarchist “lifestylism,” step out of their social role to join the social war. Free food, even when distributed via programs like Food Not Bombs, is not enough—we want freedom itself, and the dumpster does too, and it gains momentum down the hill as it rolls, alone and magnificent, directly into a pair of oblivious policemen.

Yea, peaceful demonstrators. Obama should apologize to these patriotic Americans.

As Liberty Avenue makes its way southeast through Bloomfield, it passes through a shopping district full of small restaurants, bars, and banks. The march was remarkably timid in this environment, considering that there were no police around whatsoever. Perhaps it really is true that property destruction largely occurs as a reaction to police violence; it may even be that self-professed insurrectionists find it psychologically easier to smash things in the comparative danger of a police confrontation than in the absence of any authorities. In any event, there was practically no property destruction until finally a bank on one side of the street was attacked.

Shortly after 10 p.m., a Bash Back!-themed black bloc a hundred or more strong appeared on Forbes Street between Atwood Street and Oakland Avenue. The march was pushing half a dozen or more dumpsters, which were upended in the intersections while seemingly all the corporate businesses on the block lost their windows. Another dumpster was rolled further down the street and set alight before being upended as the bloc fled north.

Obviously these were just concerned citizens peacefully protesting the EVIL Obama and the Satanic G 20.

I wonder where the stories from the tea party protests are about the "police abuse"? Oh wait, there isn't any. Why? Cause tea party protesters aren't anarchists and don't go around smashing things and setting fire to dumpsters. Tea party protesters protest the correct way, peacefully and aren't out to cause a riot. Tea party protesters are exercising their constitutional rights the right way and so you don't have scenes where the "evil Obama goons" go and start beating up protesters.

[edit on 10/1/2009 by whatukno]

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 02:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Absoutely the worst president ever? Really? You can tell this after 9 months of him being in office?

9 months.

Bearing in mind the previous incumbents track record, (foreign policy nightmare, two wars, ruined the US image globally, was at the helm for the worst financial collapse since the great depression, has all the personality of a breeze block and the speaking skills to match it) over the previous 8 years I'd say you might be jumping the gun a little there, don't you think?

Just a little..perhaps?

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 06:51 AM
link   
reply to post by neformore

America (The United States of) has become a nightmare that goes from bad to worse.

It's a progressive thing, in the way of a slide, that goes downhill starting with George Washington with each successive President out doing the one before him and the ones before him.

Who ever the current President is would be the worst President ever! As none of them have ever undone any of the mistakes of the one(s) before them, and none of them have ever failed not to add to the heap.

Obama is the worst President ever! He would have never gotten the job if he wasn't capable of being the worst President ever.

None of them have ever gotten the job if they didn't have the full potential to be the worst President ever! They always manage to live up to their full potential too.

Are you trying to say this President is incompetent and can't live up to his fully potential to be the worst President ever?

[edit on 1/10/09 by ProtoplasmicTraveler]

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 07:48 PM
link   
I need to issue another public apology.
This time to whatukno. My comments last night were out of line.

Sometimes I get so darned heated over some of these issues that I just can't help myself.
Not only that, but it affects my atitude in other threads as well.

When I get a good blood boil going reason jumps right out the window. It is then that I need to excuse myself from this website, but I still go at it.

whatukno, please accept my apology for the lightweight comment. To make matters worse I took something from an unrelated thread and brought it to this one.

Normally I can't stand that sort of behavior. I can't believe I went there last night.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Agreed.
Until the course is corrected, each President is progressively worse.
All of the wrongheaded policies Bush inacted, and there were many, are only compounded by the fact that Obama isn't stopping them in their tracks.

Warrantless Wiretapping? Still ongoing.
Campaigning on how wreckless the war in Iraq was and how he would pull out immediately? Yeah right.

This dude is just as much of a slimeball as Bush. But he is worse than Bush in the fact that he is continuing on full steam ahead.
And in many cases, he is actually accelerating the things Bush set into motion.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by JayinAR

Agreed.
Until the course is corrected, each President is progressively worse.
All of the wrongheaded policies Bush inacted, and there were many, are only compounded by the fact that Obama isn't stopping them in their tracks.

Warrantless Wiretapping? Still ongoing.
Campaigning on how wreckless the war in Iraq was and how he would pull out immediately? Yeah right.

This dude is just as much of a slimeball as Bush. But he is worse than Bush in the fact that he is continuing on full steam ahead.
And in many cases, he is actually accelerating the things Bush set into motion.

He really is picking up speed and purposefully furthering all of Bush's bad policies along.

The people were so sick and so unhappy and frustrated with Bush over the wars, and bad foreign policy, rampant corruption on Wall Street and the first Bailout and wouldn't have stood for a White or White Republican continueing along with all this stuff and they wouldn't have accepted it easily or quickly in Hilary but give them the first Black President and woa anything he wants to do must be the right thing, he's hip and good looking and angry at all the right people and has a black berry and a civil rights activist record and everything.

A guy like that couldn't be bad? Right, right?

That's why we are so screwed people thinking running the country is about personality not policy.

If they can just get enough people to like them for who they pretend to be and represent then you can get the people to go along with really basically any retarded idea, and all these bozo's ever come up with is one retarded idea after another after another.

If our own personal bank accounts were so overdrawn that we would be in jail because it would take years of our normal work to ever reach a positive balance again.

If someone came up and hit you and they were a Moonie and you went around hitting every moonie you could run across you would be in jail for that too.

But hey if 19 supposed Muslim extremists hurt the country lets just go around and kill thousands upon thousands more of innocent Muslims.

If you spied on my phone calls and searched my home while I was away and bugged it to listen in on me you would get in big trouble.

Its great though when the government does that to anyone and everyone because once again 19 supposed Muslim extremists committed the worst crime in American history.

We can't seem to get any one associated with those guys in a ligitimate court of law but we can get just about everyone who has nothing to do with those guys under a microscope because of them.

Sadly thats all of us.

Yet for some reason these folks in Washington any party pick the party any leader pick the leader just keep doing this stuff, and as long as the people think the guy who is leading the country is 'cool' and 'hip' and 'makes sense to them' and is 'trying' then it's pretty much alright!

What a messed up world we live in friend.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 11:39 PM
link   

You know, I can't disagree with this post. It is true that some of the more controversial policies in the last administration this administration IS keeping and accelerating.

We spend hundreds of billions upon hundreds of billions of dollars on a war that we were forced into through a lie (Iraq) and another war that is more for natural gas than bringing democracy to a region (Afghanistan).

Then when our financial institutions collapse in on themselves and bring with them the entire world economy. Why is it that a supposed fiscal conservative Republican tells the US that these companies are "Too big to Fail" and promptly passes legislation to give these very companies hundreds of billions of dollars in bailouts. (Then they turn around and give executives "performance bonuses"
worth millions of dollars.)

So yes, as far as that goes, continuing failed policy of the past, yes I agree with your post.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join