It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

62 children in Zimbabwe have an alien encounter!

page: 2
15
<< 1    3  4 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 12:04 AM
link   
ye its a real alien, i was there




posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 12:41 AM
link   
reply to post by KingAmongstMen
 


Firstly, the "guy" is not a psychologist. He was a tenured professor at Harvard Medical School and he did psychoanalysis with both kids and adults. He did a helluvalotta work to shift human consciousness toward a more holistic view of existence.

He was restating what the children said so that they would hear the words "replayed" back to them, thus giving them an opportunity for further clarification. He wasn't leading them in any way. Nor did he make them uncomfortable. He gave no indication of mistrust or doubt so why would the children feel anything but safe to tell their story?

He was a well-seasoned academic with an outstanding reputation. And he was a Pulitzer Prize winner.

And you sit there dissing the guy. Pff.



posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by fishspeaker
 


Tell us more, please?

Required 2nd line.



posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by CosmicEgg
reply to post by KingAmongstMen
 


Firstly, the "guy" is not a psychologist. He was a tenured professor at Harvard Medical School and he did psychoanalysis with both kids and adults. He did a helluvalotta work to shift human consciousness toward a more holistic view of existence.

He was restating what the children said so that they would hear the words "replayed" back to them, thus giving them an opportunity for further clarification. He wasn't leading them in any way. Nor did he make them uncomfortable. He gave no indication of mistrust or doubt so why would the children feel anything but safe to tell their story?

He was a well-seasoned academic with an outstanding reputation. And he was a Pulitzer Prize winner.

And you sit there dissing the guy. Pff.


He was asking extremely suggestive questions and visibly confusing the children to the point they were clearly uncomfortable.

You're clearly blinded by your respect for this man to see how poorly he conducted the interview in question.

He has absolutely no understanding of engaging children in any beneficial manner. That much is clear from the video.



posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by DoomsdayRex
Does this prediction from the aliens have an expiration date? It's been 15 years...

2012 is right around the corner



posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 01:11 AM
link   
reply to post by KingAmongstMen
 


What is clear is that you have cognitive misperceptions. I am the mother of three, now adults, and I saw nothing of what you have misinterpreted. This man was the top of the game. He did not "lead" in any way. That is how you confirm what others have said without making them restate it. He was not trying to catch them out but was giving them the opportunity to clarify their own statements, should there be need to do so. There can be that need in situations where there are exceptional and extraordinary circumstances.

John Mack's work is not comparable to George Noory or Jeff Rense or Kerry Cassidy or any of those amateurs. John Mack was one of the best. He didn't get there using questionable or sloppy methods. This is why I hold him in high esteem, not because he has a few pieces of paper with his name and a bit of ribbon on them.

Just for your personal consumption, I hold few academics in any esteem at all. This particular man was an exception because he was beyond reproach. His record speaks for itself. He was highly respected within his profession. I don't know who you think you are to cast aspersions on him or his work.



posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 01:13 AM
link   
Children are not stupid. They are smart. This was not "leading" them in anyway. Also, children do look away, just watch seasame street sometime.

This is to authentic to brush aside.



posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 05:03 AM
link   
The problem both of you have is that you confuse my critiscm of the socially inept interviewer with critiscm of the childrens story.

I'd only have to assume that both of you are American as is the interviewer, and it's some sort of cultural thing.

But CLEARLY some of the children weren't comfortable with the discussion. And CLEARLY the interviewer was being suggestive and leading them with some of the questions.

If you cannot see that then I can do nothing more than put my hands on my head, because It's pretty blatant.

[edit on 30-9-2009 by KingAmongstMen]



posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by primetime2123
2012 is right around the corner


And?

When the prediction doesn't come true in 2012, will the prediction have expired and then you will admit it is wrong? Or will you find another date to cower in fear of?



posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by CosmicEgg
What is clear is that you have cognitive misperceptions. I am the mother of three, now adults, and I saw nothing of what you have misinterpreted.


Non-sequitur. Your being a mother gives you no more insight than me being a father does.


Originally posted by CosmicEgg
This man was the top of the game. He did not "lead" in any way. That is how you confirm what others have said without making them restate it.


Having not been able to watch the video, I have a few questions about it. How were the questions asked? Were they open-ended? Did they have loaded phrases?



Originally posted by CosmicEgg
This particular man was an exception because he was beyond reproach. His record speaks for itself. He was highly respected within his profession. I don't know who you think you are to cast aspersions on him or his work.


Interesting. Let's consider a previous statement you made...


Originally posted by CosmicEgg
Just for your personal consumption, I hold few academics in any esteem at all.


So, same question. Who are you to cast aspersions on the rest of academia?

It is a nonsense question. You would not be asking the same question if our friend agreed with you. You would not demand what credentials he has to praise Mack, would you?



posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by DoomsdayRex
 


Watch the video. Learn something, however vague, about John Mack. I'm not here in your service. I will not engage in this absurd game.



posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by CosmicEgg
Watch the video. Learn something, however vague, about John Mack. I'm not here in your service. I will not engage in this absurd game.


No need to get personal, we can disagree without being disagreeable.

While I have seen the video before, it has been so long that it would be inappropriate to make judgements without viewing it again (memory is malleable. What we remember is not an objection view of the past but rather a subjective view based on our current attitudes. Something else to consider...) I'll view it again when I get home. In the meantime, the questions I asked are not just for my edification but for everyone to consider while viewing it.



posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by DoomsdayRex

Originally posted by CosmicEgg
Watch the video. Learn something, however vague, about John Mack. I'm not here in your service. I will not engage in this absurd game.


No need to get personal, we can disagree without being disagreeable.

While I have seen the video before, it has been so long that it would be inappropriate to make judgements without viewing it again (memory is malleable. What we remember is not an objection view of the past but rather a subjective view based on our current attitudes. Something else to consider...) I'll view it again when I get home. In the meantime, the questions I asked are not just for my edification but for everyone to consider while viewing it.

if you don't believe in aliens fine.....but there is no debunking this one...this one will remain unexplained with the only explanation is that the kids saw some aliens



posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by primetime2123
if you don't believe in aliens fine.....but there is no debunking this one...this one will remain unexplained with the only explanation is that the kids saw some aliens


Who doesn't believe in aliens?

How can be unexplained if you just explained it?

And that can be the only explaination? Did you even bother looking or did you stop asking questions once you got the answer you wanted?



[edit on 30-9-2009 by DoomsdayRex]



posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 02:49 PM
link   
something weird must have happened. Even if the questions were leading, which i dont think is the case, that doesnt explain the childrens description and drawings of what they saw and the supposed images placed in their head. Very cool stuff.



posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by primetime2123

if you don't believe in aliens fine.....but there is no debunking this one...this one will remain unexplained with the only explanation is that the kids saw some aliens


Plain and simple.. this one denies any explanation that ANY skeptic or debunker could throw at it. I myself am an experiencer so I KNOW WHAT I SAW and I KNOW this is reality.

Anyone who has doubts that something is happening should immerse themselves in this story with a quickness.



posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by DoomsdayRex

Originally posted by primetime2123
if you don't believe in aliens fine.....but there is no debunking this one...this one will remain unexplained with the only explanation is that the kids saw some aliens


Who doesn't believe in aliens?

How can be unexplained if you just explained it?

And that can be the only explaination? Did you even bother looking or did you stop asking questions once you got the answer you wanted?



[edit on 30-9-2009 by DoomsdayRex]

I said that there is no explanation for this one if you are a skeptic...



posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Why would the aliens appear to a bunch of random kids in Africa?
If they were trying to warn us about something wouldnt it make more sense to appear to a group of kids in the US..or appear to the president or something like that.



posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by FoxMulder91
Why would the aliens appear to a bunch of random kids in Africa?
If they were trying to warn us about something wouldnt it make more sense to appear to a group of kids in the US..or appear to the president or something like that.


To be fair, I think the words of South African kids are somewhat more reputable than those of American children. If only for the fact America is a nation raised on TVs that constantly air outlandish TV shows.

Most American children will have seen an array of shows and movies on aliens. Americans are renound for their belief in the paranormal, religion etc. Those in South Africa, not as much.

Also your implication that American children would be a more valid source than South Africans is pretty offensive. Contrary to popular belief the world doesn't revolve around the US.



posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by primetime2123
I said that there is no explanation for this one if you are a skeptic...


That's not what you said at all. I quoted you in full.

Having had an opportunity to watch the videos, I must say that based on the videos it appears something strange happened at the school. However, there is an inherent problem in that assessment; it is based on the videos. The videos may not be giving us all the information, but are rather giving us a certain prospective on the incident. But being that it would be near impossible to do any sort of follow-up, for now the video is the sole source of information. So I have to admit something strange may have happened.



new topics

top topics



 
15
<< 1    3  4 >>

log in

join