It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Riyadh 'offers airspace' for Israel attack on Iran

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Riyadh 'offers airspace' for Israel attack on Iran

www.presstv.ir

Israeli fighter jets have been allowed to use Saudi airspace to launch go-it-alone air strikes on Iranian nuclear installations, says a recent report.

According to the report Scarlett has been told that Saudi airspace would be at Israel's disposal should Tel Aviv decide to move forward with his military plans against Iran.

With eyes firmly fixed on Iran's nuclear progressions, the right-wing government of Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu has repeatedly threatened to bomb the...
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Guess that answers the question of how Israel plans to get to Iran to drop their mini-nukes and bunker busters.

I doubt that Israel could challenge Iran since the Iranians are on home turf. Even if the entire Israeli air force flew over there, the SAMs and Iranian fighter planes combined defending the air space would keep them a bit busy.

On top of that, the counter strike would be lethal. Forget the Saudi oil facilities and the Straits or Hormuz, Israel would get it good from multiple directions. Heck, Syria could even join in to retaliate against the strike on the their turf. America would be screwed, and the deaths that would ensue would rival Vietnam easily. The daily missle exchange and real deal battles against a real deal military would churn their stomach.

www.presstv.ir
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Well there's only one problem with this. PRESSTV. While i agree that SA may very well let Israel use thier airspace for a hit and run operation, im going to have to see it from another source than PRESSTV. That thing is worse than the National Enquirer.

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by princeofpeace

There was another thread on this exact topic posted yesterday or the day before. Not sure what the source was but consensus seemed to agree it's true.

Bottomline is when whoever attacks Iran you better watch out. Iran is not a country to sit back and take it like Iraq, Syria, etc. They WILL launch a retaliatory strike or military response. It may not seem to be much but they could easily lob enough rockets into Iraq or Afghanistan to wreak havoc on our troops and kill several hundred. This isn't even taking into account them launching rockets into Tel Aviv and greater Israel. I mean what the hell do our politicians think? Iran has only been working on nuclear technology these past 10 years? They've been beefing up their military year after year. NK poses a small but existent threat.......Iran poses A MUCH bigger threat with a much more advanced military. This could very well spark WWIII in my opinion.

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Airstrikes, as has been pointed out, will only delay Iran's nuclear program, not end it. Given the likely consequences: igniting a larger conflict, I suspect most of the talk about airstrikes is hype.

Israel doesn't really have a lot of long range striking power, and I don't think the current US administration is interested in engaging in another unpopular war.

If Iran is determined to get nukes, it will probably get them.

Funny that the Saudi's should be mentioned, as they have a nuclear program of their own - Pakistan's, which they paid for

They have about 50 Chinese CSS-2 IRBM's in silos at al-Sulayyil and al-Joffer.

I would not be shocked if at least some of them were tipped with Pakistani nukes.

join