It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is definitely NOT the meaning of life?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Why is having 2.5 kids, having a picket fence, and having a dog not the meaning of life? Is it too average? Or maybe having kids and a wife and a dog and a (possibly chocolate) fence is just what we're here for.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 01:58 PM
link   
I think the only reason we are here is too produce sexual energy, i.e lifeforce.

I am not talking about sex, i am talking about the energies we all produce that make up our sexual energies.

Thats why your all here and nothing else.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 02:09 PM
link   
I think your original question has a number of responders confused. The meaning of life vs. the goals of life, or in your case, what isn't the meaning and what aren't the goals.

A lot of what people are listing are goals not to live to. What hasn't been answered is what is not the meaning.

I'll start by saying that the meaning of life as we experience it in our current reality is experience. Experiencing life in all of its ups and downs, choices and consequences is the meaning.

In that case, not experiencing life in all of it's nooks and crannies is NOT the meaning of life.

If you always do what you've always done, you're not living. You're existing. Existing is not enough.

Don't live a little. Live a lot!

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by WickettheRabbit

I will do a whole lot of living when I get my chocolate fence!

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Anything that does not contribute to enlightened and enhanced awareness is counter productive to the meaning of life.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by ineverknew
What is definitely not the meaning of life?

Improving one's personal "spirit" in any way to move up any kind of spiritual ladder. Nobody's on any Stairway to Heaven here. Your good deeds do not mean you'll have a better existence after this one. This is your one and only life, and you just need to do the best with it that you can, even though it all adds up to nothing in the end.

Sorry to break it to you.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by 2000 Yards

Originally posted by ineverknew
What is definitely not the meaning of life?

Improving one's personal "spirit" in any way to move up any kind of spiritual ladder. Nobody's on any Stairway to Heaven here. Your good deeds do not mean you'll have a better existence after this one. This is your one and only life, and you just need to do the best with it that you can, even though it all adds up to nothing in the end.

Sorry to break it to you.

I hate it when spiritually ignorant people feel the need to tell people who may have some spiritual experience that they're wasting their time or are incorrect. It is very egotistical. No offense, you're probably a good person otherwise.

Anyway... I think the meaning of life is not being born, going to school to learn about mostly useless information, getting a job you hate, retiring with nothing to do and then dying. If that were the meaning of life then why would we born for it? The true meaning of life is to reach enlightenment, something which few people (including myself) can fully reach, but approaching it is better than nothing.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 04:59 PM
link   
What's not meaning of life....? Hmmm.... Is it to be dead, mentally, physically, emotionally or any other way... I think so.

"Then one day I met a man, he came to me and said, hard work good and hard work fine but never trust a dead head" - (alt sublime lyrics)

[edit on 29/9/09 by refuse_orders]

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 05:26 PM
link   
The meaning of death? LOL

Second line - If there is such a thing it'd be a hard time finding it seen as we are in life. So anything oposite to where/what/why and how we are.

Edit for spelling

[edit on 29/9/2009 by IAmD1]

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 06:16 PM
link   
What is not the meaning of life? Hmm, perhaps a meaning? Life could be meaningful once you give it a meaning. So in all, life is neutral until you say so.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpiritintheShadows
I hate it when spiritually ignorant people feel the need to tell people who may have some spiritual experience that they're wasting their time or are incorrect.

But it's perfectly acceptable the other way around, right? Because you, being more spiritually aware, are right, and I'm wrong. Well, I tell you what. After we both die, we'll either find out or we won't. If you're right, I owe you a cookie. If I'm right, the universe will end for both of us, so no cookie required.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by 2000 Yards
But it's perfectly acceptable the other way around, right? Because you, being more spiritually aware, are right, and I'm wrong. Well, I tell you what. After we both die, we'll either find out or we won't. If you're right, I owe you a cookie. If I'm right, the universe will end for both of us, so no cookie required.

It's not really a case of right and wrong. If we consider all people are placed somewhere along a spectrum of awareness. Each person can move along the line as they have an experience of a spiritual nature.

Eventually we may all understand the same things, and then see it never was about right and wrong.

I'm gunna miss Cookies when I shuffle-off.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join