It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World Health Organisation Admits No Deadly Mutation of H1N1 Swine Flu

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 04:44 PM
link   

World Health Organisation Admits No Deadly Mutation of H1N1 Swine Flu

www.marketoracle.co.uk

“we are lucky that the pandemic is moderate in severity that most people experience a mild illness and recover spontaneously.” That means recovery with no vaccination, no Tamiflu or other dangerous ”antiviral” drugs. Just with letting nature take its course.

Last summer, when the WHO decided to declare a global “pandemic emergency” over what it called the H1N1 Influenza A global spread, it also announced in a notice buried among its press releases that most countries had stopped testing ill populations for H1N1, and that WHO therefore simply arbitrarily “assumed” all pati
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Ahh crap, now all those stocks in Flu Vaccine companies that I bought are going to go down...

But I guess I have to look on the bright side: We are not going to die from the Swine Flu =D.

WHO really screwed up this time. Margaret Chan was probably bribed by companies like Tamiflu to increase the severity of the flu to pandemic when in reality it is no more dangerous than the average flu.

www.marketoracle.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Finally! Maybe now all the hysteria can stop. It is a flu!!! Usual seasonal flu. And i can understand their (WHO) fear from hybrid with avian flu, but public should not live in constant stress because of tiny chance that it can happen almost every year. WHO should prepare, vaccines ,stock of different antivirals - ok. People should not storm pharmacies buying face masks and demand Tamiflu prescription from doctors! All this because of hype and panic. And yes, it can happen because companies needed to dump their batches with short expiration date.

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 05:17 PM
link   
For the past several year “they” have been claiming some flu (avian, 1918 remix, swine)was going to kill us all if we did not take their shots.

Each year I have watched people around here and even on ATS freaking out and claiming this was the one where we are all going to die. Each time people have either said it was God or a government created flu and was going to be punishment or for population control.

Each year I have told people to calm down people die every year from the flu this year’s will be no different. It is not that I am psychic or know someone on the inside it is that I have learned to watch people. People have become fearful of everything it is like Chicken Little syndrome spread by the media.

The time will come when “they” will not try and spread fear that we are going to die. When that happens is when we really should worry. That is when “they” will perform a surprise attack and we really will be screwed. Even when “they” do this though we must realize that death is coming for each of us every day yesterday death failed it might not today or tomorrow though.

My real point though is to tell people to stop believing the fear they wish to spread. Living is fear only takes away from the joy one can get out of life.

Raist

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 05:19 PM
link   
I wonder if since now it is just the flu, will all the rants stop that are claiming H1N1 to be a terrorist weapon/act give up their tyrade

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 05:20 PM
link   
The thing is, WHO (or anyone else) couldn't *know* beforehand that this virus wouldn't mutate into a deadlier strain. They were concerned because H1N1 is the strain that caused the Great Influenza Pandemic in 1918-1919, which killed somewhere between 50 and 100 million people worldwide. For some unknown reason, the virus *did* turn deadly back then, killing roughly 2.5% of those in infected. That's a lot of people, considering it had an infection rate of close to a third. In the US, at our present population, the deadly strain would have killed something like 2 to 3 million people. That's why the authorities were worried.

In Spring of 1917, this H1N1 swept through the world, making people sick and killing only a few. Then in Autumn it re-emerged, this time killing people - young people, those in the prime of life and in good health. This flu turned the immune system against the body, resulting in massive destruction of the lungs.

What concerned health officials was that the present H1N1 was behaving in a way similar to the deadly strain. Since we have no idea why the older strain turned deadly, there was no way to say with confidence that the current strain wouldn't also turn deadly. If it did, the results would have been devastating. In order to prepare for such a possibility, officials had to ensure that the public was aware of the problem. They had to ensure that the infrastructure was able to handle the potentially overwhelming number of severely ill and dying patients.

So far, it looks like we may not see this strain turn deadly. Great. But if it *had*, we'd have been faced with a medical crisis like nothing most of us have ever seen. It would make 9/11 look like a walk in the park. New York alone would lose around 80,000 people, with many times that number sick. That's a major impact.

I think that the authorities were right on in how they handled this H1N1 outbreak. Not knowing why a previous outbreak turned deadly, they prepared for the worst. Thankfully the worst apparently didn't happen.

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 05:43 PM
link   

First they said there were thousands of deaths then only less 12 or something when the swine flu started?

they have no credibility

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by chiron613

Did you read the tale about WHO that cried wolf? Of course they cannot predict lethality of new (or not exactly new) virus. But they have a huge responsibility to act quickly when needed without loosing credibility. In this case they failed to stop pandemics (which luckily is not horrible) and there would be people who will not pay attention to its calls next time due to all media hype and lack of professional info calming things down from WHO.

They were concerned because H1N1 is the strain that caused the Great Influenza Pandemic in 1918-1919, which killed somewhere between 50 and 100 million people worldwide.

H1N1 is with us from 1918s. It was predominant virus fro decades, dissapeared and reappeared. So this type of H1N1 is slightly different then previous type, and previous type is slightly different from 1970s one. And 1970s one is slightly different from 1940s....
You want to see how many H1N1 flu seasons were beside really deadly 1918s one?
Here you go:
content.nejm.org...
This is not a reason to panic. Actually if it was 1918s type, what they did surely was not enough and after knowing "severity" ,or lack of it, of current flu - they did not help to stop the panic and actually even contributed to it with hollow messages.
It is easier not to do anything of course, but the funny thing is that if they did not do a thing ,it will be much better too.

I think that the authorities were right on in how they handled this H1N1 outbreak. Not knowing why a previous outbreak turned deadly, they prepared for the worst. Thankfully the worst apparently didn't happen.

Yeah, worst did not happen. Because if it did, their actions would not prevent "80000 dead in New York" thingy. WHO declared that it went out of control week plus after news of Mexico outbreak started to leak to press. And the funny thing that it did not start in Mexico, but in US and it was pretty normal there. Like now. So i do not see how they were right.
Here ministry of health demanded that all parents buy antiseptic liquids and kids have to go with them to school. Imagine all toxic alcohol-soaked lunches and eyes filled with it and this stuff eaten..
Why? It would have stopped 1918s flu? And all that because local ministry of helath had to do something since WHO sent mixed messages and media was scaring people. They had to do something.

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by die_another_day

The Obama administration has a saying.

Never let a good crisis go to waste.

This isn't over. They will use this media-hyped flu to scare, intimidate, and control.

Just my 2 cents
-koff-
-koff-

OH NO!!!!!

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Hmmm. Has anyone ever given it one short thought that maybe the Gov't wants us to THINK they're trying to control us....just so we won't notice that they lost control over us a long time ago? Just a thought.

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 07:01 PM
link   
We are talking here of no mutations to more deadly swine flu. If the same rate of mutation occurs that was recorded when full testing was being done there are plenty of equally mild mutations of swine flu with us now. I've read reports saying that some of the more lethal parts are missing from this swine flu so the mutations to get deadly need to gather some nasties. Why is their no info on this site and the media about what causes mutations? (not supporter of vaccines)

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by MadDogtheHunter

I will give you credit for originality. That is the first I have heard that on here. Disclaimer *If I have read it on here it has been so long ago that I forgot about it*.

I sort of like the idea, not sure about it yet, but I like it.

Raist

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by MadDogtheHunter

bull#,

im scared to death of the police.

Every time they pull me over, I have to slowly take out my license because my Asian friend was shot for taking it out too fast.

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 10:35 PM
link   
That was just a random thought I tossed out there.

Rogue cops must be either a big city issue or just something unheard of around here. It seems in this rural area, no one fears the cops, cause we all know them. But hey, I live in a hicktown anyway

I say the Swine Flu is just that, the Flu. No worries here. No vaccine here either. And I still say, the Gov't doesn't control me, I'd like to see them even try

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 11:01 PM
link   
thank god. now let's hope a crisis isn't created between now and january 1, 2010.

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 11:06 PM
link   
urrrrmmmmm

Hello

It's not even Autumn yet, the thing has just started spreading in a real way in the general population, in initial form most people don't even go tot he doctor and it's spreading very fast right now in some places...

We have no idea what will happen over the next 6 months

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by die_another_day

Straight from the medical dictionary.

Definition of Pandemic

Pandemic: An epidemic (a sudden outbreak) that becomes very widespread and affects a whole region, a continent, or the world.

The word Pandemic has nothing to do with severity. If you go to the WHO site they explain that and have never said any different. This meets the definition of Pandemic whether it kills anyone or not.

When they declared the Pandemic it would appear many who are illiterate on the meaning of the word jumped to conclusions.

So in fact the title is meant to mislead people into thinking Pandemic means something other than what it does and that the WHO implied something other than what they did.

Lousy journalism and obviously a biased source playing to peoples fears. The author should be fired for not having a basic understanding of the words used.

The primary source of the panic and fear is bad reporting and crazy stuff on the internet. Sadly even those in Government seem to have let the critical thinking part of their brains shut down. Or, are they just pandering?

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 11:38 PM
link   
This was previously discussed in another thread.

WHO: H1N1 Virus Has Not Mutated

I realize this is probably a different news release though.

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by mopusvindictus

Our season starts earlier here in Alaska. 9 out of 10 cases here are H1N1. Two dead that had prior medical issues and only one that was a healthy infant. I had it a few weeks ago and it is very mild. The mildest Flu I've ever had.

A couple of weeks ago they had people laying on the floors in the halls of the Native Hospital. Natives get free care here. It swept through the isolated villages really fast.

That is what they meant by Pandemic. Not that it was a killer. Like I said above Pandemic does not indicate severity. Anyone who has read the stuff all through this on the WHO site knows this, provided they can read. That author sensationalized this for attention. The WHO only reported facts.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Flu season started really early here in PA. Its been underway for like the past month. We're already listed as Widespread by the CDC. So far, I know of 4 people locally who had H1N1, and recovered within 5 days. They all said that it was not as bad as a bad cold. So, we'll see.

top topics

join