It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Surrogates......a review

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 04:29 PM
link   
I thought this movie would be pretty good as I very much like what Bruce Willis has done in the past. And perfect subject matter for ATS devotees. Wrong.

It was predictable, poorly directed, Willis played Willis again but I like that character, ho hum dialog/script, supposedly set in the future but it looked very much like 2009.

Wait for this film to come out on Cable/DVD. You won't have long to wait.

We should have gone to see "Jennifer's Body" with Megan Fox. Or even "Pandorum"

Pandorum's next. Review in a few days.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

Please take the above review seriously if you plan to see this film.

This is a movie to see as you are cleaning your house on the weekend and need some background noise

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Anjin

Thanks for replying to one of my reviews.

Just an avid movie fan and being employed in the film industry certainly dosen't make me a qualified reviewer but I callem like I see em.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa

Just an avid movie fan and being employed in the film industry certainly dosen't make me a qualified reviewer but I callem like I see em.

Not sure which part of the industry you are in but i'll ask anyway;

Why can't the people who make movies realize that most of the things they release have been done over and over...and over again.

There has to be great screenplays out there that can adapt into film without losing the original meaning but it seems as though it always either gets changed or the director misses the point.

Take Surrogates for example: there was a lot of potential based on the setup alone but they just had to take it down that same old path once again. I thought the military aspect was interesting and would have loved to see that played out more.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Anjin

Hollywood operates by it's own standards and to some extent they dictate what independents do and it's all about money. A lot of the money guys are afraid to invest in anything/style that doesn't have a track record. They are basically aesthetically constipated conservatives. That's all going to change and is changing drastically.

Film making has become a desktop operation with the advent of some very sophisticated technology. And the www. also needs to be taken seriously as per collaboration and marketing. Film is on it's way out. Digital is the new kid on the block. Much much cheaper.
I'm pretty green in the industry but I just got SAG eligible as an actor with the big boys and I work with small independent production companies as producer, asst. Director, scrip, PA, car wrangler, location and transpo, stills, everything except editing.

Avant garde in film seldom hits the big screen. Film festivals are going to grow and be very, very popular. I currently see a much needed Renaissance in moving pictures. I'm stoked and happy to be involved with such a great bunch of hard working, creative people. A little late in life but this is my second career.

I'm at the studio now, praying for inspiration.

[edit on 16-10-2009 by whaaa]

new topics

join