It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I think someone is frequently visiting my house

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 04:04 PM
link   
This is more of a rant then anything else, but advice or a fresh take on the issue is always welcome. When I read stories like these on ats before , I must admit that I mostly thought that ppl where making it up or imagining things, now I'm writing a story just like that and I can't blame anyone for thinking that it's made up. I assure you that I'm not imagining any of this.
It did become a rather long rant so I hope your in the mood for reading.

The last four years things are happening that I can't deny anymore. I don't have it in my nature to be paranoid, but lately, I'm not only paranoid, I'm freaking out! Even my husband can't deny any longer that weird things are happening, subtle things, but strange. He used to say that I have an overactive imagination, now he must reconsider that ....

In my livingroom I have a closet with a glass door (I'm not sure how you call those in English). Inside it are all kinds of artifacts that I've collected since I was 17 years old, all of occult or spiritual nature. Among it are little statues of witches, Buddha's, pharaohs', Chinese dragons... hangers with crosses, ankh's, pentagrams and other symbols... some tarot cards, birth and death cards, items that belonged to my brother, who died in 2007, it even has a few wooden boxes with voodoo dolls in them and a ceremonial dagger. Some candles and essence. It's a nice mix of cultures and beliefsystems that I came across on my path.
That closet is like a shrine to me, everything in it is of some kind of value: either emotional or money-wise. Both my husband and my daughter know NOT to touch it and they don't. I'm 100% sure that they don't.

So 4 years back I started noticing that inside the closet things started to 'move around'. I know exactly where everything is and when it moves just an inch I notice it. Sometimes items would go missing or moved outside the closet. This would happen twice a month, sometimes once every 4 months, but it always goes on and it still does. My husband used to laugh when I said things changed place again.
I started to wonder who kept doing that.

In my bedroom I have a safebox which is always locked with a key and a nr combination. Inside it are my rare or old books: a bible from the 16th century, an Italian book from the 14th century dealing with the occult (which I never read because I don't know Italian) and some random books.
My brother gave me the books, he said he found them on the attic of an abandoned house in the middle of the city. It were about 60 books in total of which I sold most to an antique shop.
About two years ago they suddenly where gone. There where never signs of a break in, in fact I have no idea when they where taken, I just notice they where gone one day.
Who took the books? No one knew I even had them or where I kept them.

6 months ago, when I wanted to call my sis on her cellphone, I noticed that her nr was torn out of my phonebook. weird. I told her about it and she was like "who would want my nr?" She never received strange calls or anything.
I bought a new phone book. A few weeks later I notice that her nr is torn out of it again. I'm starting to be suspicious of my husband and my child and I have questioned them about it again and again, they keep reassuring me that it wasn't them.
Today, I take my phonebook, which is the 3rd one I bought in 6 months. Her nr was torn out of it again!
I admit that my first reaction was an overreaction, I freaked out.
I sat down with hubby and daughter and we talked about this... I have no reason to suspect them, I'm sure of that.

So the conclusion is that someone who doesn't live here must have done it. But why? And if someone does come in our house on a regular basis then why does he or she never take valuable items? Sometimes there is money just lying on our table, we always have money in the house, large amounts from my husbands store that he didn't bring to the bank yet, etc...

Either way, I'm putting another lock in tomorrow.

I used to have a friend who was like a teacher to me. He used to tell me that "everyone likes to be special and important, mostly in occult and spiritual environments ppl tend to believe that they are special or chosen, etc.... but the truth is that there is nothing special about you (or me) and that it is just wishful thinking."
I see a lot of that here on ATS btw

Anyway, I tend to keep that in mind: there is nothing special about me and I have nothing that anyone or anything wants from me. I have no special gifts or anything that may draw attention.
In truth, I really really don't. But I'm still paranoid as hell at this moment.

So I start to overthink my past. I has been 'colorful' to say the least. I have moved around in circles that I probably shouldn't have: occult, cultish, even satanic... although I don't regret anything, it where all learning opportunities.
But that was another life, things are way different now, my kid wasn't even born then and I didn't even met my husband.
In that past I have met people who had 'stories'. About certain agencies. Some said to had contact with 'them', others said to be 'hunted' by them. I never really knew if I should believe it all or not and I always tended towards not believing. They also told me how to recognize them (which I'm not spilling here). If I take that into consideration then yes, I see it, but it could be coincidence or imagination.

-----------------------------

as I sit here writing and pondering on if I'm actually going to post this or better don't,
one more thing:
I'm writing about myself here, but everything I mentioned about my past, my sister was there with me, we kinda walked our paths together (and still do). She also has the same kind of things going on at her house, missing and misplaced things, signs that someone went through her things, etc... and it's also only the things that have to do with spirituality or the occult that are messed with.

--------------------------

So ok,
I'm looking for similar experiences, ideas, clues,...
because at this point I'm clueless and paranoid, for the first time in my life I'm actually paranoid, (lol, that's kinda funny for me). There is nothing special about me is slowly becoming a mantra.

sorry to bore you all with the long post

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by GypsK

Hi GypsK,

That certainly sounds worrying , our homes are our sanctuaries, our sacred spaces .
What age is your daughter if i may ask ?
Despite your warnings , kids like to explore ..... and mommy`s no-go area`s may be just to tempting to a curious mind.

What does your husband think of the occult etc. ? Does he have any strong views regarding the subject ?

==========================================
Is there a little piece of you that thinks this may be the work of your brother`s spirit ?
==========================================

Finally , you could use one of these ..... Wireless Miniature Camera
===========================================

Good Luck .

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 04:38 PM
link   
i would like to know nore about these agencys. put it in rats. or u2u me i wont tell anyone.

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by UmbraSumus

My daughter is 11 now. It's true that they like to snoop around, she does it, but mostly it's in my make up or something.
I had lots of chats about this with her and I really do believe that when she sais she didn't do it, she really didn't do it. Besides, I think that after she saw me freak out over it a couple of times when it first happened, she wouldn't do it again and again and again (if it was her)

my husband has only one reaction when it comes to the occult: a lot of laughter and ridicule. He doesn't believe in any of that stuff. He also doesn't know much about the things I was into before we met.

I don't think my brother has anything to do with it, he died two years ago and this is going on for much longer.

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 04:51 PM
link   
I have had problems like this in the past.
I had lots of things go missing or move around.
At the time I was doing a lot of active UFO research and was getting followed a lot, mail arriving already opened etc.
I would go to work and come home and find things had moved or disappeared, I even started to leave notes for them while I was out!

Anyway things started disappearing when I was in the house on my own.
I would put something down, turn around and it's gone. After a few weeks it would turn up again somewhere else but completely obvious.

I came to the conclusion that is was spirit / metaphysically related.
If something vanishes ask for it to be returned in a load voice and really mean it, get a bit angry. Normally things will reappear.

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 05:05 PM
link   
If you believe something or someone has been in your home, or that possibly your husband or child is responsible you could always get a camera.

There are many "spy cams" that look like everyday house hold objects, you could connect it to a tv, dvr or with the right equipment a pc and surely get to the bottom quickly.

There is software that you can use to set up recording times/days even motion detection using either a "real" camera to feed the images or a webcam.

I had a similar experience, I was sure someone was coming into my home when I was gone. I got the software, stripped down an old webcam I had and placed it in a speaker. Using the motion detection feature on the software I was able to record only at times when motion was active which cut down on how much space the recordings used. I eventually found a maintenance man rummaging through my house while I was away.

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by GypsK

Someone must be getting into your home, possibly someone from your past and your brothers past whom is connected to the occult. Whomever stole your books in the attic is probably the same person playing the mind games with you.

I would be suspicous of your next door neighbors kids or someone else that you let into your house, older kids are into that kind of stuff just as you were at a certain age in your life. You should get a Game camera that takes pictures of game animals that come in front of it, then set your new phone book in front of it. Make sure the camera is hidden and it can get a full picture of the person going through your phone book. Your trap will be set to find out who is playing the mind games and possibly who is responsible for taking your books in the attic.

You are perfectly sane, it is someone else doing the mind game thing against you whom in not totally all there mentally.

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Have you considered that there may be something attached to one of the objects in your collection?

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by GypsK

How about buying a security cam? place your address book on the table hide the cam and let it roll.

Btw, your glass door is a curio cabinet to me in the us!

Amazing story, but in fact you have "dabbled" in some issues many won't tread.
I won't go new a ouija board anymore after a experience in high school.

Try the Camera, perhaps a security system?

Good luck,

E.

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Viking04
Have you considered that there may be something attached to one of the objects in your collection?

That's it exactly, something came home with one of those objects, kinda like stowaway.
Why not split all your objects and stash them in separate rooms of the house. If wierd things start happening in the new room then the culprit object may be among those moved. Method of elimination.

Why not use a post it note with your sister's nr (what is 'NR"?) and post it to a wall just to see if that disappears too?

Why do you have a glass door on that closet?

That would creep me out, I'd always expect at some point, something or someone may be peeping back at me from inside that closet.
Major eebie-jeebies.

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 05:41 PM
link   
After you've tried all the normal stuff like security and cameras and stuff and after you've ruled everyone out do these things.

If the previous things don't work I would go back to your closet and look through your items of occult nature. Even the mundane stuff. Then I want you to ask some questions.

How old are these items?

Who had them before me?

Is there anything significant about the items that you perhaps overlooked. (for example are they of antiquity?)

I've heard about spirits getting attached to items (even though I really don't know if it is true or not.)

Perhaps there is something associated with an object in your house. It may not even be in the closet (example would be an antique dresser from the 17th century). It may be the house itself. I would do some snooping and researching and find out of there is any significance to something in, around, or the embodiment of your house.

[edit on 28-9-2009 by DaMod]

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by enigmalone

I know what you mean. Quiji boards are bad ju ju. I wont go into it but I know exactly where you are coming from.

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by GypsK

I think it's likely that there is something (a spirit perhaps) attached to one of the items in your collection. It's even possible that there is more than one, since you have such an extensive collection. And just thinking out loud here... I wonder if there was more than one spirit attached, if that would cause some kind of conflict? I don't know... I'm a paranormal investigator, but I've never come across something like that, but I can see where it could potentially happen.

I would set up a camera on your collection and on the phone book. You could even get both in the shot at the same time or just just record them at separate times if you only have one camera. I know that logically, most people would think it was a person messing with your stuff, but honestly, it sounds paranormal to me. Especially if your sister has a similar situation and her number keeps coming up missing out of your phone books.

Keep us updated!

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Wow interesting.... I have many books and occult items like you have mentioned and I have never had this happen. I however dont have books from the occult that are hundreds of years old, although I would love to own those
Do you think it might have something ot do with your past or maybe the books have a spirit of sorts or something attached to them? Did you do any kind of incantations or spells back then that might have let something "in" so to speak? As far as your sisters "nr" I am going to assume you meant phone number?
thats one abbreviation I have never seen. Why anyone would take that I have no idea......Also what items are missing and which ones have been moved, could you maybe tell which ones?? Is anything in particular tied to any of these items? Sorry for all the questions but I am just curious. I myself would freak out if this were happening to me as well. I really hope you find out what is happening....Also how often does this happen and do you know anything about those books and possibly who they belonged to?

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Get a "decoy" address book, one with a dark cover, put the numbers in it and then put something on the cover/pages that transfers easily and stains whatever it touches. Some kind of black or blue dye on the cover and then just leave it there until someone turns up with colourful fingers

Or.. you know.. bear trap.

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Objects do not have to be ancient or written in blood
to have something bad attached. As noted above, a mundane object that was involved in 'something bad' can be the source. As the OP described her collection, I would look there first.

Someone asked what 'nr' means: Number (oder Nummer
)

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 06:23 PM
link   
If I were you I (wouldn't have such a collection in the first place) would find a person with an advanced sense of psychometry (the ability to tell the history and powers of an object) as soon as possible.

You might have an object that has become "aware". They exist. I've held one... scary sh*t I tell ya! (and yes, I have psychometry)

Considering the broad nature and origins of your object maybe some don't get along with others?

Odds what is happening is completely benign and you will just have a playful cabinet.

But it's better to know for sure.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 03:48 AM
link   
wow, so many replies early in the morning.
I admit that most of the responses or going in another direction then I expected. I'm going to try and answer most questions in one post, but thanks to everyone who responded

First of all, I think I will place a spy cam or hook something on my computer and let it run while im out of the house. It will depend on the cost of those things.

"nr" means number, I didn't know you didn't use that in the US

(enigmaalone) "Btw, your glass door is a curio cabinet to me in the us!"
Thanks for that

(Russian Scientists) "Someone must be getting into your home, possibly someone from your past and your brothers past whom is connected to the occult"
-My brother wasn't into the occult, or not that I knew of. My books went missing a short while before he died and I did suspect him of taking them for the purpose of selling. He knew I had them and I split the money from the books I had sold with him. As for his friends, I really don't know much about them and I am not in contact with them anymore.

(DaMod) "How old are these items? Who had them before me?
Perhaps there is something associated with an object in your house. It may be the house itself.."

-I moved into this place about 6 years ago, it was a new building and as far as I know nothing out of the ordinary happened here. I don't think it has anything to do with the house itself.
Most items that I kept aren't that old, some I bought myself. Others I bought on second hand markets and I have no idea who they belonged to or how old they are.

(viking04) "Have you considered that there may be something attached to one of the objects in your collection?"
-I just took another look at the items and I honestly don't think that something is going on with one of them.

(Alxandro) "Why not split all your objects and stash them in separate rooms of the house. If wierd things start happening in the new room then the culprit object may be among those moved.
Why do you have a glass door on that closet?"
-In my previous house I used to have much more occult items then I have now. They where all over the house. I got rid of most of it, mainly because I didn't want to scare my daughter (who was 2 years old at the time). They also made people uncomfortable, a lot of my frieds said that my house was creepy. I got rid of my African items because I sensed a weird energy coming from the masks and statues.
So since I desided not to place them everywhere in the new house, I placed what I kept into a cabinet.
(Thinking about that, I think me and my sis have messed up many houses and I can only say that I'm sorry for the people who had to live there after us.)

(mblahnikluver) "Also what items are missing and which ones have been moved, Is anything in particular tied to any of these items? Also how often does this happen and do you know anything about those books and possibly who they belonged to?"
-I don't know who the books belonged to, but they went missing two years ago and aren't in the house since then.
Almost everything has been moved around over time, it's not certain items in paticular, but it are only the occult items. Sometimes it happened twice a month and then nothing for 2 or 3 months. If it went 'silent' in my place, it would start at my sisters place.

There has also been some snooping in my bookcase. It has a lot of books on the occult, but most are of spiritual nature and only the stuff you can buy in a regular bookstore. Things like 'the secret, the entire Hicks collection, new age books, some on healing, ancient cultures, etc..." nothing 'weird'. I keep my books in a specific order so I know immediately when someone has been snooping around.

(Gemineye) "I'm a paranormal investigator, but I've never come across something like that, but I can see where it could potentially happen."
I know that logically, most people would think it was a person messing with your stuff, but honestly, it sounds paranormal to me. Especially if your sister has a similar situation and her number keeps coming up missing out of your phone books.

-es, I can see how this 'could' happen aswell, but personally I don't think that is the case here. I (think) I have witnessed ghost activity in a friends house where I stayed at the time, that was almost 13 years ago. It was much different then what is happening now.
Doors would open by itself, drawers that where open if you turned your back for just a second, etc... my friend was freaked out by it, but I tried to let 'it' know that I knew it was there, after that things eased down. When I moved out of that place I even took an empty box and (symbolicly) asked the spirit to move with me to my new place. I think it did at first, but over the years I have lost the connection with it. That's not what this is though.
I have never seen any paranormal activity tear pages out of books. For it to move objects around, maybe... but not to let them dissapear.
besides, I haven't felt a strange or unknown energy in my house in a long time.

---------

Most seem to think that there is paranormal activity going on in my house, I personally don't think that is the case. I think it's a person of flesh and blood that is messing with me, so I will get a spy cam and find out who this person is.

I also like to add that I don't have a 'morbid' house or anything. Over the years my spiritual path turned very light, just look at my other posts and you will see that all those things I used to do when I was younger (and naive), that's all in the past.
Yes, I kept some objects, but none of them are negative (in my opinion). The rest of my house is designed with a slight fantasy theme and lots of angels everywhere.

I've also learned that, in order to lead a spiritual life, you don't need objects, thoughts alone is enough to replace any occult object you can think of.

I'll be thinking this over whole day, so whenever I think of something I have looked over I'll post it here.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 03:49 AM
link   
I just came off the phone with my sister, she told me that two days ago, she had bought a new cellphone. Maybe that has something to do with why her number was torn out of my phonebook. She did keep the same sim card though, just in a different phone.

One last note to MR BOB,
sry I don't have RATS access.
You ask about agencies, did you know that "BOB" is our Belgian intelligence agency?
Saying BOB is like saying CIA in my country. (yeah, I told you I was becoming paranoid)

but like I said, I'm not spilling the beans on that one, not at this point, or not untill someone gives me some information in return.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 09:47 AM
link   
You may be conjuring or attracting a strange spirit or being with all the different RELIGIOUS RELICS YOU KEEP. I would recommend that you would get rid of all the occult related items before what you may be conjuring or attracting physically becomes comfortable with your energy you are maintaining in your house. If you chose to keep the occult items then LEARN TO MANAGE THE ENERGY THAT COMES W/ THOSE ITEMS otherwise you may be causing yourself SPIRITUAL DAMAGE.

[edit on 9/29/09 by Ophiuchus 13]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join