It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Magnetic Pole data and the Earth shift

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 03:49 PM
link   
So, I'm a relative layman when it comes to Geological science. I have read some interesting theories by Graham Hancock, who I believe stumbled onto something in his research into ancient sites.

A little background on him:

Graham Hancock has been researching ancient sites for decades, writing several books such as Fingerprints of the Gods and Footprints of the Gods etc...
What makes his research different (and often criticised by the scientific community) is that he refuses to remain bound by pre-existing notions as though everything we have suggested to date is infallible.
He thinks outside of the box, and raises questions.

I appreciate his approach because I do truly believe that modern science is polluted by arrogance. We see something odd in Earth history, and instead of considering all possible causes, we weave this into a story of already existing history where much of it may well be falsely built on an error here, or a misunderstanding there.
Quite simply, we are building a picture of nonsense because the very first pieces of that puzzle are in the wrong place, or the wrong way around.

Which brings me to the point of this thread.

Graham Hancock has suggested that the Earth has periods where the Mantle shifts. He doesn't go into what causes it (as far as I am aware), he simply offers it as an explanation to various inconsistencies, such as the repeated mentions in historical religious texts of "great floods" and "catastrophe", the physical evidence of ancient submerged sites and so on.

Now, as part of my interest in 2012, I have been recently reading some material on the science of the Magnetic Pole shift.

Something I stumbled upon today is the confusing historical evidence suggested in current research used to establish when and why a Magnetic Pole shift occurred. The dates seem too confusing and sporadic to be a natural cycle in my opinion.

Link to data

Surely, if the Magnetic Pole shift is due to a natural cycle, the routine of it should be as predictable as the seasons changing?
At first I couldn't quite understand why such evidence is suggesting that there is no real pattern to it. I can understand a window of a few hundred years, maybe a couple of thousand at most (seeing as this research is so young), but tens of thousands of years?

Something just doesn't add up here.

Then I came to a conclusion.

If, and it is a big IF, Mr. Hancock is right, and we do go through a period of Mantle Shift every 32.000 years (I believe that was the estimate he has given), wouldn't the Geological historical data used to show previous Magnetic Pole shifts be entirely unreliable and chaotic?

This is where I stump myself and show complete lack of knowledge...

If the current research on Magnetic Pole shifts is taken from researching Geologically Historic points all over the Earth, and this data is showing a confusing pattern of timings, periods and severity, doesn't this simply add credibility to idea that the Mantle did indeed shift at the same time?

If the Magnetic Poles are shifting, and this is occurring while the Mantle is shifting, the Geological evidence should show a chaotic picture of nonsense. Which seems to be exactly what the research is showing.

As far as I understand it, Geology takes a snapshot image of time and place, and when it comes to Magnetic Poles, this information is quite basically imprinted on mineral deposits and Geological structure as a Magnetic fingerprint. I assume that the data is gathered by taking measured readings of such deposits at specific layers of time and in specific locations to establish where the Magnetic Poles were in reference to them.
I could be wrong, and I need to do some more research into this, but it seems fair right?
So if there was a period of Mantle Shifting during the time of a Magnetic Pole shift, the site that is being measured and used for evidential data may well have been aligned in one way, and then moved by such a Mantle shift. Likewise all over the Earth. This in turn would provide the confusing data that we are now seeing.

My personal belief is that there is a cycle (and I am leaning to it being an external planetary force arriving soon, as evidenced by a gradual increase in various factors). I am forming the opinion that there is indeed a convergence of all of these factors:
Global Temperature changes.
Increasing Weather anomalies.
Increasing Geological instability.
Increasing Magnetic Pole shift.
Increasing Axis shift.

And I do indeed believe it is plausible that we will see an event, not over centuries or decades, but over months and even weeks, where the Mantle will shift, and the Magnetic Pole will "flip".

I'm very interested in your take on this. There are a lot of intelligent individuals here and I'd love to hear the thoughts of such members.

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 03:53 PM
link   
If you think Graham Hancock has some interesting postulations, then you need to get hold of Immanuel Velikovsky's works.

He points out in detail several geological anomalies that evidence periodic rollovers.

And then there are OTHER men who have compiled numerous piles of dissimilar evidence that would support such an event.

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by dooper
If you think Graham Hancock has some interesting postulations, then you need to get hold of Immanuel Velikovsky's works.

He points out in detail several geological anomalies that evidence periodic rollovers.

And then there are OTHER men who have compiled numerous piles of dissimilar evidence that would support such an event.

I'll look into him, I've not really gone out of my way to research this specific subject. I prefer "Passive Research", (Eddie Izzard quote anyone?
)

I simply read a few books by Graham Hancock because of my interest in ancient culture.

But, I do admit, this is something that is increasingly capturing my imagination, not least because of what it might mean to individual Humans should an event like this happen.

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by detachedindividual

There is evidence, youtube tropical rain forest found under Antarctica

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by gandhi

Nothing but documentaries on both.

Do you have a link, I'd be interested to see any supposed evidence of this.

I was aware of a story about a large mammal found frozen solid with tropical fruit in it's mouth, standing upright as though it froze within hours. There were also reportedly trees found in the same vicinity in the same way.

I believe it was only a historical account suggested by an explorer, and no evidence for its validity was ever found.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 02:08 AM
link   

I just read an article about that (it's not recent, from 2001):

reporter.leeds.ac.uk...

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 02:28 AM
link   
hi there, nice post.

have you heard any of Drunvalo Melchizedek speaking on this matter?

listen to part 2 from 5min 15sec

then part 3 from the start.

He talks about the upper mantle turning to a liquid causing a physical pole shift to occur.

Pretty scary stuff, but hey, who knows??!!

g.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 04:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Orion65

I just read an article about that (it's not recent, from 2001):

reporter.leeds.ac.uk...

That is quite amazing!

See, this is what annoys me, there is so much to suggest that the mantle has shifted before, and now there is a magnetic pole shift occurring too, and yet they're still using Geographical testing to ascertain where the poles were and what happened. If the Mantle shifted during or after the last Magnetic Pole shift the data will not be viable.

While I am increasingly sceptical of our abilities to translate Mayan accounts of time, the Geology of regional Magnetic Pole historical evidence and the Planet X theories, I am also increasingly unable to separate the Mantle shift from the Magnetic Pole shift.

I really need to look into how they ascertain historical Magnetic Pole positions, because a lot of this simply doesn't add up.

If they test where the Magnetic poles were in history by measuring the magnetic fingerprint on sedimentary mineral deposits in various locations, and it suggests north and south were in various places at various times, couldn't it also mean that the Mantle simply shifted, instead of the Magnetic Poles?
If there was a Mantle shift tomorrow and Central London moved to where Resolute Bay is now in Northern Canada, paused for any period, then moved again, wouldn't future research (using the methods we currently use) show that the North Magnetic Pole position was once London?

Therefore, could the data be showing us that the Mantle shifted several times, rather than the Magnetic Poles?

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 05:00 AM
link   
reply to post by grantbeed

Thanks for that, interesting listening.

I'm not too sure what to make of all the theories in all honesty, I prefer physical evidence and data and trust it more than legends and translations.
Although the scientific data is flawed (I believe) it just seems more valid to my mind.

That's not to say spirituality and legendary records hold no part in this (of course they absolutely do), I just prefer the science at the moment, I'll confront the theology a bit later on I think.

I guess that's why I'm not holding too much belief in this all happening in 2012. I believe there is a lot of evidence to show there have been either Magnetic Pole shifts or Mantle shifts (or both simultaneously) but I just think there is little to link it to any specific time period.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 05:44 AM
link   
recently read somewhere, Nasa I think that when pole shifts occur there isn't only one north or one south pole at the time, but multiply counts of these with the magnetic fields going from one to another in a jumbled mess until it finally sorts itself out to form the one pole each of north and south.
So if this being true then it would seem hard for any clear evidence of where these poles might have been before the pole shifts occured as there would be more than one place having left the marks of a north or south. just my thoughts anyway.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 05:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by redgy
recently read somewhere, Nasa I think that when pole shifts occur there isn't only one north or one south pole at the time, but multiply counts of these with the magnetic fields going from one to another in a jumbled mess until it finally sorts itself out to form the one pole each of north and south.
So if this being true then it would seem hard for any clear evidence of where these poles might have been before the pole shifts occured as there would be more than one place having left the marks of a north or south. just my thoughts anyway.

That's exactly what I'm saying.

If we look at the Magnetic Pole shift, and the Mantle shift as two separate events, the evidence will show exactly what we are seeing.

Here is a computer model of what would happen during a magnetic pole shift.

Link

But, if they measure such from existing magnetic evidence found in the mantle itself (the Geological sediment of specific time layers) it could be the result of either a Magnetic Pole shift, or a mantle shift where several pauses caused the land in that location to be imprinted with the magnetic pole evidence, or it could be evidence of both occurring simultaneously.

The thing that irritates me, is that they are treating this as simply evidence of a magnetic pole chaos scenario, when there is more evidence to suggest an entire mantle shift, and possibly at the same time as a magnetic shift.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 06:13 AM
link   
yep, sorry didn't get to open your first link but now that I look, it's close to what I saw also.
The reversals are suposed to take thousands of years to sort themselves out, so only guessing that a mantle shift would be the same, don't really believe that it would occur within days/weeks but then again maybe something like that could happen.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 07:04 AM
link   
A Pole shift has happen before. Scientist have discovered and proven that the magnetic pole North and South has changed places.

Samples taken from a lave flow of to day show that the magnetic field is still north and south just like our compass indicate. But from a samples taken 50 years ago from a older lava field. The samples showed that the magnetic field within the rocks where pointing to the south. That means North was where south is to day.

The earth crust ain't going to flip, Its just the magnetic field that reverses its direction.

Watch this movie. It explains quite a lot about our magnetic field. A pole shift ain't as bad as the 2012 predictors tell you.

At the end of the movie it talks about how they figured out that the magnetic pole changes. And how they have seen it in core samples from lava.

vids.myspace.com...

[edit on 27.06.08 by spy66]

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by spy66

If the evidence to show a Magnetic Pole shift is from sediment and lava flows, how do you know that it was the Magnetic Poles that shifted and not the mantle to where the poles are?

The data shows evidence of a confusing pattern, a chaos which they presume occurred due to the shifting of the magnetic poles, but the same could be caused by a mantle shift, moving land into where the magnetic pole positions are. This has been shown to have happened also. So why are we assuming that the evidence shows a pole shift rather than a mantle shift?

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 12:47 PM
link   
A really great site: www.theshiftmovie.com...

There are a lot of issues we as a species must address NOW.

Theres some shift going on all over the planet, it's in every country it's in every class.

The link is to a 6 minute video and it appears to be a real eye opener.

www.youtube.com...

The me first / greed as got to stop.

We all hang together or die alone.

[edit on 12-12-2009 by ofhumandescent]

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by ofhumandescent

haha, it's time to wake up.

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Check out this video from Patrick Geryl.

He believes that there is going to be a physical pole shift and it's tied to the activity of sun spots.

If you believe what he says this video will scare the daylights out of you. He sounds very believable and he's very sure of himself.

He won't give you the scientific data you are looking for but his theories sound very plausible.

Hope he's wrong...

Patrick Geryl Interview

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by ofhumandescent

I volunteer to die 1st.

-v

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 03:43 PM
link   
You might also check out:

Charles Hapgood:

"In 1958 Hapgood published his first book, The Earth's Shifting Crust which denied the existence of continental drift. The foreword was written by the physicist Albert Einstein shortly before his death in 1955. In this book, and two successive books, Maps of the Ancient Sea Kings (1966) and The Path of the Pole (1970), Hapgood proposed the theory that the Earth's axis has shifted numerous times during geological history.

Evidence
Hapgood's Maps of the Ancient Sea Kings used numerous archival maps, including the Piri Reis Map, which he claims show a vast southern continent roughly similar to Antarctica in shape, to propose that a 15 degree pole shift occurred around 9,600 B.C.E. (approx. 11.600 years ago), and that a part of the Antarctic was ice-free at that time. By implication an ice-age civilization could have mapped the coast at that point in time. This claim has not been validated.

There has been considerable discussion of a 1531 map by French mathematician and cartographer Oronce Finé (aka Oronteus Finaeus). In Maps of the Ancient Sea Kings, Hapgood writes about finding a copy among several hundred maps at the Library of Congress in 1959."

There is much more here at Wiki:

en.wikipedia.org...://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Hapgood

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 05:12 AM
link   
Hello. My name is Kellie Roy and I have just stumbled upon this wonderful site and post. I'm so glad to learn that people are interested in what this shift is truly about. I have some information regarding the magnetic shift from a spiritual perspective. Coming into this world as an "indigo" I have experienced some interesting pieces of information but recently I've received a few very clear messages about the pole shift and 2012 earth shift and feel responsible to share it. You can see the whole message on my website www.kellieroy.com... and click on 2012 earth shift but the general idea is as follows... (I'm paraphrasing from a detailed message I received in a trans-like state) There is a spiritual or consciousness shift upon us now already happening. Since human beings consciousness literally shape our planet this shift in coinciding with the gravitational shift, incidentally causing these super storms and drastic earth changes. I believe it will reach it's peak in 2012, but our species will not die out. Instead we will have a higher understanding of our connection with the earth and universe and our souls. I have also received messages on how to help this shifts positive nature, in turn helping the earth and people. We are not doomed everyone.
Sincerely
Kellie Marie Roy

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join