It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bill Clinton Speaks of Vast, Right-Wing Conspiracy

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by ninecrimes

Really, you don't have to end every post with an insult.

Like I said, come back when you don't just want to argue. Thanks.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

The "deflecting" strategy is only making you out to look like an ignoramus. Your hatred for free speech insults me- so please, stop insulting me (see, we can both keep deflecting).

My conclusion:
You are using the definition of conspiracy to label something as such. However, by that same definition, everything around us, including our government, is one big conspiracy. Instead, I see a group of people with a certain point of view, discussing it amongst themselves. You may call it a conspiracy, but I call it America- and I think it's beautiful.

If we were not free to discuss different political views & opinions with our friends and family, would you feel any better?

[edit on 29-9-2009 by ninecrimes]

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Well, it's not really a conspiracy because the participants seem to be willing to discuss it semi-publically:

The Republicans Have Their Long-Knives Out: "Ever since the election, and for the foreseeable future, the Republicans only have one thing on their mind, screw Obama." He said nothing else matters to them, not voters, and certainly not getting anything done. While the daily dance of special interest continues, he said that everyone is continually distracted by the inside war between Republicans and Democrats... and the smart lobbyists are the ones approaching Republicans with strategies and plans to undermine the Democrats and especially Obama. His concern was (and this was in late May, before the worst of it began), that the "get Obama" climate was in danger of getting out of control and irreparably damaging the entire country. www.abovetopsecret.com...

Perhaps Mr. Clinton not having seen this level of vitriol and antagonism before, and that's REALLY saying something considering his own experience, is categorizing it as a "conspiracy" for effect.

Originally posted by ninecrimes
I don't really understand where we're heading, anymore...

As per usual:

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Free speech is great. Lies aren't

I could say that you like sodomizing infants while selling crack to illegal aliens. That's free speech. It's not true, but I could say it right?

I have no basis to say anything like that but because of free speech I guess it's all good that I say it right?

link   

link   

Now that Obama is in charge the change has been the attitudes of people.

Instead of the "I LOVE Obama" routine how about READING???
I judged him and Congress by their ACTIONS and BILLS not by the media pap.

Farmers were hoping Obama would choose Mike Pollan or someone similar as Sec of Ag. Instead we get a corporate/Monsanto shill called Vilsack. We farmers, may of whom are democrats, were still willing to wait so what do we get?

Rosa Delauro and her miserable food Safety Bill.
And find not only are ALL FARMS but Home Gardens ARE effected by the HR 875 bill!!!!

“..FOOD PRODUCTION FACILITY- The term 'food production facility' means any farm, ranch, orchard, vineyard, aquaculture facility, or confined animal-feeding operation...”
There is NO exemption for instate commerce, for hobby farms, for you backyard garden.

“ The Administrator, in order to protect the public health, shall establish a national traceability system that enables the Administrator to retrieve the history, use, and location of an article of food through all stages of its production, processing, and distribution.

set good practice standards to protect the public and animal health and promote food safety;

conduct monitoring and surveillance of animals, plants, products, or the environment, as appropriate

require each food production facility to have a written food safety plan that describes the likely hazards and preventive controls implemented to address those hazards;

include, with respect to growing, harvesting, sorting, and storage operations, minimum standards related to fertilizer use, nutrients, hygiene, packaging, temperature controls, animal encroachment, and water”

Notice it does not say a person SELLING food, it says a person holds, stores, or transports food or food ingredients.

This is very scary given Ag Sec. Venman's " September, 1995, USDA's Food Safety & Inspection Service presented a 600-page document Farm-To-Table - control of every step in the food chain from production to home preparation. "

HR 875 also includes this.
"in any action to enforce the requirements of the food safety law, the connection with interstate commerce required for jurisdiction SHALL BE PRESUMED TO EXIST."

The fact you are growing veggies for you and friends does not exclude you!

The Commerce Clause:

A farmer growing wheat for his own use “The government claimed that if Mr. Filburn grew wheat for his own use, he would not be buying it — and that affected interstate commerce” The Supreme court found against the farmer!!!
www.fff.org...

Enter Roscoe Filburn, an Ohio dairy and poultry farmer, who raised a small quantity of winter wheat — some to sell, some to feed his livestock, and some to consume. In 1940, under authority of the Agricultural Adjustment Act, the central government told Mr. Filburn that for the next year he would be limited to planting 11 acres of wheat and harvesting 20 bushels per acre. He harvested 12 acres over his allotment for consumption on his own property. When the government fined him, Mr. Filburn refused to pay.
Wickard v. Filburn got to the Supreme Court, and in 1942, the justices unanimously ruled against the farmer. The government claimed that if Mr. Filburn grew wheat for his own use, he would not be buying it — and that affected interstate commerce. It also argued that if the price of wheat rose, which is what the government wanted, Mr. Filburn might be tempted to sell his surplus wheat in the interstate market, thwarting the government's objective. The Supreme Court bought it

The Court's opinion must be quoted to be believed:
[The wheat] supplies a need of the man who grew it which would otherwise be reflected by purchases in the open market. Home-grown wheat in this sense competes with wheat in commerce.
As Epstein commented, "Could anyone say with a straight face that the consumption of home-grown wheat is 'commerce among the several states?'" For good measure, the Court justified the obvious sacrifice of Mr. Filburn's freedom and interests to the unnamed farmers being protected:
It is of the essence of regulation that it lays a restraining hand on the self-interest of the regulated and that advantages from the regulation commonly fall to others.
After Wickard , everything is mere detail. The entire edifice of civil rights legislation stands on the commerce power. Under this maximum commerce power, the government has been free to regulate nearly everything, including a restaurant owner's bigotry. The Court has held that if Congress sees a connection to interstate commerce, it is not its role to second guess.

Control the Food, Control The People - Kissinger

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 10:47 AM
link   
I will say it again.
There is no left/right conspiracy.
There is only the Rich conspiring against the rest.
The Rich wish to keep the rest from unifying.
And to do this they create false divisions.
Because as we all know, if the people do actually unify, then they will conspire to free themselves from minority rule.
One mans co-operation is another mans conspiracy.
And as for that bare-face "i did not have sexual relations" liar Clinton.
How can anybody believe anything that happens to fall out of his mouth?
He lied to you all the time.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Cosmic4life

This I agree with.

People are being used in this country.

[edit on 9/29/2009 by whatukno]

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno

Free speech is great. Lies aren't

I could say that you like sodomizing infants while selling crack to illegal aliens. That's free speech. It's not true, but I could say it right?

I have no basis to say anything like that but because of free speech I guess it's all good that I say it right?

Great example!

If I were to read that, I would put out the truth. I would tell people that I do not like doing those things, and then it would be my word against theirs. That is freedom, that is America, and it's beautiful!

Anyone can say anything, to anyone else.

I love it and I wouldn't want it any other way.

If you think that's a conspiracy, maybe you should live in Burma or some other poverse nation that gives zero rights to it's citizens. Then, there would be no crazy conspirators trash-talking your beloved leader.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 10:57 AM
link   

How about a few clear examples?

Ted Nugent is praying for Obama to fail.

Rush said

"We're not praying for Obama to fail, we are working and fighting as hard as we can to ensure it happens.""We're not praying for Obama to fail, we are working and fighting as hard as we can to ensure it happens."

And the gang of six.

Mike Enzi does it for the lulz.

And you believe the Mass Media??? ATS

There are only two real groups the elite and us serfs. Both parties represent the elite and NOT us serfs. I though everyone here at ATS had at least figured out that part.

Once you give that idea brain room you are ready to look at what is said in the mass media and what is in the bills from the perspective of who benefits and what Constitutional rights do these bills trash. Consider new bills from the idea that a corporate Cartel will run the new department, it sure puts an eye opening twist on things.

The democrat vs republican stuff is just bread and circuses to keep the masses deflected while the Bankers and Corporate cartels consolidate their power and rape us.

Control the Food, Control The People - Kissinger

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
There is a right wing conspiracy in this country, you can see it on ATS every day.

Instead of researching the source of these scandals and conspiracies. People instantly blame Obama.

It's a deviant form of psychosis, people don't like people in the majority.

That's really quite funny.

Especially when you consider that up until this point in the thread... the ONLY people mentioning Obama.... were Bill [have a cigar] Clinton and yourself.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Anyone can say anything, to anyone else.

Yes... What is your point?

My point is that what emerges from anti-Obama opposition is more often idiotic than not. Examples:
a) "Keep government out of my Medicare!"
b) "Obama will institute death panels"
c) "He's a secret Muslim"
d) "Obama could be the Antichrist" (56% poll in one location, forgot which one)
etc...

It's a confluence of two powerful factors:
a) deplorable ignorance of a large part of the American public
b) special interests (and it doesn't matter whether these are right, left, green or yellow) who willfully exploit "a".

If he didn't bail out the auto industry, same people would be screaming like crazy that he let it sink along with working families which are America's backbone. Well now he did and he's a Marxist for that. He didn't get us into that terrible mess in Iraq, yet he is now blamed for being to slow to withdraw troops. Go figure.

As I said, don't tell me that there is not a powerful PR campaign run by the right wing, which tries to exploit exactly the ignorance of a large part of the public.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Obviously a fabricated video eh?

Once you have convinced the dupes of your greatness... how is it megalomania?

[edit on 29-9-2009 by RoofMonkey]

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 11:27 AM
link   
I think the vast right-wing conspiracy is that the high level Congressional Republicans are feeding the "conservative" radio and TV personalities distorted information for them to exaggerate and regurgitate. They then spew it out over the airwaves and instigate hatred, fear and loathing of this administration in their constituents, who believe these lies and spread them, and other rumors and innuendo, around the country and the world via the Internet. That's what I think.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 11:29 AM
link   
How come no one has mentioned the conspiracy to pitch Obama as a golden god?

How come the only people that are so quick to piss away their freedom of speech, do not mention the people claiming Obama as the greatest human since Jesus?

That's the real conspiracy, and Bill Clinton is in on it.

(the above was sarcasm)

See? We can all sound like crazy people, calling everyone else conspirators.. but in the end, we are just sheep and are being inched closer and closer to total hatred for our fellow American. When that day comes, we'll see the REAL conspiracy come to fruition.

Baaaah. Bhaaaahhhh. Bhhhaaaaaahhh.

Also, my other point:

Did you guys ever consider the fact that you are 100% anti-American for denouncing your freedom of speech? If I could look you in the eye while you did so, I'd be tempted to make one of em' black & blue. THAT is patriotism.

I really can't stand the pansies on this thread crying about people who just so happen to think different of Obama than they do. Crying and whining about other people, when in reality you are the poorest examples of Americans I've seen in years.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
I think the vast right-wing conspiracy is that the high level Congressional Republicans are feeding the "conservative" radio and TV personalities distorted information for them to exaggerate and regurgitate. They then spew it out over the airwaves and instigate hatred, fear and loathing of this administration in their constituents, who believe these lies and spread them, and other rumors and innuendo, around the country and the world via the Internet. That's what I think.

And I think YOU are the real conspiracy to teach others how to hate everyone else and their opinions.

The radio hosts are paid to entertain. That is called capitalism. If people didn't listen to them, they wouldnt be on the air.

Denouncing freedom of speech and capitalism in one post, huh?

Why don't we just make it so ONLY the government can be on TV/Radio? Why don't we have government run schools and hospitals, as to avoid ANY type of lies?

Because that'd be stupid, obviously.

You sit here denouncing other people for expressing their thoughts and beliefs, then have the NERVE to make a post filled with "I think", "I think", "I think".

This thread is CRAZINESS. I can't believe the amount of anti-Americanism going on here.

[edit on 29-9-2009 by ninecrimes]

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Denouncing freedom of speech and capitalism in one post, huh?

I'm doing neither. I'm not suggesting a law be made to prohibit the exercise of anyone's freedom of speech. And I'm not suggest anyone stop spewing what they're spewing. Not sure where you got that. I'm making an observation, stating what I see as the conspiracy, which is the topic of this thread.

You sit here denouncing other people for expressing their thoughts and beliefs,

Again, I did no such thing. I stated my observation and opinion.

[edit on 29-9-2009 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 11:55 AM
link   

There is no 'freedom of speech' regarding political issues, there can't be, because politics is not disclosed to the public in the way that it should be.

There can be freedom of speech regarding the state of current issues. But as of right now, no one knows exactly what the health care bill is going to bring and politicians don't release the motivations behind their policies.

Unless the motivations behind every policy is disclosed to the public there can be no 'free' speech on the subject.

What Clinton (I assume) is referring to is campaigns launched by the other party to influence people's views on Obama's policies, therefore making it coerced speech rather than 'free' speech.

I think people should speak out about current legislation that is damaging to the system and seek further disclosure in future bills. As of right now you have to admit there is plenty of misinformation about the Obama Bill.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 12:14 PM
link   

This I agree with.

People are being used in this country.

I am glad you can see that much.

As for Rush, Glen Beck and company. They are part of the elite's "you and he fight - dog and pony show" designed top make us think we have a "free" media that actually reports the news.

When Derry Brownfield got too close to the real truth about Monsanto, he was tossed off the air. Farm Broadcaster Ousted after Ripping Monsanto’s Goon Squads Over the last couple of years I and other farmers have found the news media is sewn up tight by the big corporations. Only the news they want the public to see is presented. Ask John Munsell about how he was shut up. I e-mailed him and got the story direct from him.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 01:40 PM
link   
This is either one of two things: 1.infighting amongst the global elite that has spilled over into our world (the world of the common man/regular joe) 2. the global elite purposely doing this to create more strife amongst the common man/regular joe.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join