It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bill Clinton Speaks of Vast, Right-Wing Conspiracy

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Bill Clinton Speaks of Vast, Right-Wing Conspiracy

abcnews.go.com

Bill Clinton says a vast, right-wing conspiracy that once targeted him is now focusing on President Barack Obama.
PHOTO Former U.S. President Bill Clinton is shown on September 23, 2009.
Former U.S. President Bill Clinton is shown on September 23, 2009.
(Chip East /Reuters)

The ex-president made the comment in a television interview when he was asked about one of the signature moments of the Monica Lewinsky affair over a decade ago. Back then, first lady Hillary Rodham Clinton used the term "vast, right-wing conspiracy" to describe how her husband's political enemies were out to destr
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Interessant? Like we say in the Netherlands..

Bill Clinton says a vast, right-wing conspiracy that once targeted him is now focusing on President Barack Obama.
PHOTO Former U.S. President Bill Clinton is shown on September 23, 2009.
Former U.S. President Bill Clinton is shown on September 23, 2009.
(Chip East /Reuters)

The ex-president made the comment in a television interview when he was asked about one of the signature moments of the Monica Lewinsky affair over a decade ago. Back then, first lady Hillary Rodham Clinton used the term "vast, right-wing conspiracy" to describe how her husband's political enemies were out to destroy his presidency.

Bill Clinton was asked on NBC's "Meet the Press" whether the conspiracy is still there. He replied: "You bet. Sure it is. It's not as strong as it was because America has changed demographically. But it's as virulent as it was."

Clinton said that this time around, the focus is on Obama and "their agenda seems to be wanting him to fail."

THIS IS A BREAKING NEWS UPDATE. Check back soon for further information. AP's earlier story is below.

WASHINGTON (AP) — Bill Clinton says a vast, right-wing conspiracy that once targeted him is now focusing on President Barack Obama.

The ex-president made the comment in a television interview when he was asked about one of the signature moments of the Monica Lewinsky affair over a decade ago. Back then, first lady Hillary Rodham Clinton used the term "vast, right-wing conspiracy" to describe how her husband's political enemies were out to destroy his presidency.

Bill Clinton was asked on NBC's "Meet the Press" whether the conspiracy is still there. He replied: "You bet. Sure it is. It's not as strong as it was because America has changed demographically. But it's as virulent as it was."

Clinton said that this time around, the focus is on Obama and "their agenda seems to be wanting him to fail."

abcnews.go.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Wow. Double standard much?
So I'm bad if I think the government is out to get us, but I'm to believe that everyone is out to get Bill Clinton?

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 09:27 AM
link   
I don't really understand where we're heading, anymore...

Now even our former presidents seem to be denouncing our freedom of speech.

Right wing conspiracy?

No- it's called "people who can speak their minds".

Instead of labeling and condescending the "right wing conspirators", why doesn't Clinton try to locate, sit down with and discuss politics with a member of his opposition, to try to resolve something.

Name calling, labeling, dividing our peoples. That's all I see going on, here.

Is this what we can expect to become business as usual?

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 09:34 AM
link   
What about the vast left-wing conspiracy that has brought us such wonders as Political Correctness, Carbon Credits and prisons that look like holiday parks?

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by MrOrange82

My baloney has a first name, it's M.O.N.I.C.A.

My baloney has a second name, it's L.E.W.I.N.S.K.Y.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e66d5d87fb59.jpg[/atsimg]

I suppose his intern and the sex scandal was a part of the vast "right-wing conspiracy" as well?

Come on Bill, while there are some conspiracies out there, the vast majority of them are linked to the White House, Senate, House of Representatives, and anyone else in Washington D.C., and it is both the "left-wing" and the "right-wing" playing both sides against the middle, the American citizens caught in the political chaos politicians thrive on.

Are You "Right-Wing Fringe", or "Left-Wing Fringe" and How Will They Push You

Nice try, Bill, but next time, do not try to play the role of an innocent victim, and then advocate for another man who is just as big a liar as you are.

Obamaland : Cotton Candy, Gumdrops, and Rainbow Dreams, This is the Land of Collusion

[edit on 29-9-2009 by SpartanKingLeonidas]

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Right wing conspiracy? ROTFL

This is the SAME president who ratified the WTO Agreement on Ag written by a VP of Cargill that caused massive bankruptcy, starvation and suicides in the third world and shipped US jobs to China Sweat shops.

The guy is a Corporate Cartel puppet and he is endorsing another corporate Cartel puppet. (Who owns Monsanto - 85% of the shares are voted by FINANCIAL institutions!!!)

In May of 1997, Mickey Kantor, an architect of Bill Clinton's 1992 election campaign and United States Trade Representative during Clinton's first term, was elected to a seat on Monsanto's Board of Directors. Marcia Hale, formerly a personal assistant to the president, has served as Monsanto's public affairs officer in Britain. Vice President Al Gore, who is well known in the U.S. for his writings and speeches on the environment, has been a vocal supporter of biotechnology at least since his days in the U.S. Senate. Gore's Chief Domestic Policy Advisor, David W. Beier, was formerly the Senior Director of Government Affairs at Genentech, Inc....

Shapiro, who went to work for G.D. Searle in 1979 and became the president of its NutraSweet Group in 1982, sits on the President's Advisory Committee for Trade Policy and Negotiations and served a term as a member of the White House Domestic Policy Review. www.mindfully.org...

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 10:01 AM
link   
There is a right wing conspiracy in this country, you can see it on ATS every day.

Instead of researching the source of these scandals and conspiracies. People instantly blame Obama.

It's a deviant form of psychosis, people don't like people in the majority.

When the Republicans were in charge people were denouncing Bush and Co left and right.

Now that Obama is in charge the change has been the attitudes of people.

Look at the rhetoric that is spewed day in and day out on the web, on the news, and in commercials. One of the greatest things that Americans can get is being killed by big corporations that want to safeguard their bottom lines.

On this site every single day there are new threads on how evil Obama is. Do you think that is merely a coincidence? Or is that by design? Are people giving into propaganda more regularly?

Instead of reading "I don't like this because..." I read "This website says that this is bad because..."

There is mass variety of corporations out there issuing propaganda in order to sway the mass public to support their bottom lines. You are their money supply and they will do anything to make sure you agree to give your money to them.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 10:07 AM
link   
I agree with Bill and whatukno completely.

It's very clear to me. The right wing conspiracy's strategy is Complete Obama Failure. They want everything he attempts to fail. That's how they will "gain control" of Washington again, which is the goal.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 10:16 AM
link   
The word "conspiracy" is what throws me off. Of course Republicans want Democrats to fail. Democrats want Republicans to fail. I don't see where the "conspiracy" comes in - this is not a secret. If you honestly believe one side partakes in activities that the other side does not your middle name must be naive. Bill had the sex scandal, Bush had the war for oil, and now Obama has something probably to do with forced govt healthcare.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
I agree with Bill and whatukno completely.

It's very clear to me. The right wing conspiracy's strategy is Complete Obama Failure. They want everything he attempts to fail. That's how they will "gain control" of Washington again, which is the goal.

That's a "conspiracy"?

And to think, all this time I've referred to that as "politics".

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by jjkenobi

The true definition of a conspiracy is when two or more people work together towards a singular goal. Conspiracies don't have to be secret to be effective.

People thinking that conspiracies equate to secrecy is kind of a misnomer. Some conspiracies are secret. Some of course are obvious.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
There is a right wing conspiracy in this country, you can see it on ATS every day.

Instead of researching the source of these scandals and conspiracies. People instantly blame Obama.

It's a deviant form of psychosis, people don't like people in the majority.

When the Republicans were in charge people were denouncing Bush and Co left and right.

Now that Obama is in charge the change has been the attitudes of people.

Look at the rhetoric that is spewed day in and day out on the web, on the news, and in commercials. One of the greatest things that Americans can get is being killed by big corporations that want to safeguard their bottom lines.

On this site every single day there are new threads on how evil Obama is. Do you think that is merely a coincidence? Or is that by design? Are people giving into propaganda more regularly?

Instead of reading "I don't like this because..." I read "This website says that this is bad because..."

There is mass variety of corporations out there issuing propaganda in order to sway the mass public to support their bottom lines. You are their money supply and they will do anything to make sure you agree to give your money to them.

Again, this is a "conspiracy"?

And to think, all this time I've called it "freedom of speech amongst people of varying opinions".

I think the real conspiracy is you. You are denouncing people who speak freely, thus you must be an extremist terrorist hell-bent on depriving Americans of their rights. (sarcasm)

Seriously- grow up.

link   
I don't really care what Bill has to say about anything.
It's just more of the same false left/right rubbish.
For the Elites there is no politics.
You could define politics as rubbish for the people, crap for the masses that actually believe this tosh.
All these politicrats actually live in a world above politics, why?, because they have money and money buys you freedom from governance.
I am suprised that no-one has yet jumped in to point out that left/right politics is a complete fabrication.
A fabrication to distract the masses from the true policy makers.

link   
reply to post by ninecrimes

That's a "conspiracy"?

Well sort of except that there is no guise of trying to work with Obama. It's just making sure he fails to get control by any means possible.

Again, this is a "conspiracy"?

Yes it is.

And to think, all this time I've called it "freedom of speech amongst people of varying opinions".

Ok there is freedom of speech and then there is outright lying, there is hatred because of misinformation and deflection and there are people that want to make sure that Obama fails not just because they don't agree with his ideologies, it's because it's Obama that is proposing it.

I think the real conspiracy is you. You are denouncing people who speak freely, thus you must be an extremist terrorist hell-bent on depriving Americans of their rights. (sarcasm)

please just make sure to name it after me.

Seriously- grow up.

[edit on 9/29/2009 by whatukno]

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cosmic4life
I don't really care what Bill has to say about anything.
It's just more of the same false left/right rubbish.
For the Elites there is no politics.
You could define politics as rubbish for the people, crap for the masses that actually believe this tosh.
All these politicrats actually live in a world above politics, why?, because they have money and money buys you freedom from governance.
I am suprised that no-one has yet jumped in to point out that left/right politics is a complete fabrication.
A fabrication to distract the masses from the true policy makers.

Couldn't have said it better, myself.

If anyone wants a REAL conspiracy, just think about how our leaders use the words "left" and "right" (natural polar opposites by definition) to divide their citizens.

Anyone who buys this garbage from Bill needs to set some time aside to really think about the world they live in.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 10:26 AM
link   

That's a "conspiracy"?

Well sort of except that there is no guise of trying to work with Obama. It's just making sure he fails to get control by any means possible.

Sounds to me like you're the one with the real problems.

I do not know one person, personally, who hates Obama as a person. And I know a lot of people through my profession and person life.

I do not know one person who has EVER called him anything racist in my presence.

I do not know one person who has EVER said they hope Obama fails.

I'm not saying they don't exist, but to call anyone who hates Obama a "conspiracy participator" makes you look like a real crazy-person, to me.

There is no vast conspiracy- only our freedom of speech- which you seem to be very willing to denounce.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

So let me get this straight:

There are people out there who oppose Obama, and want him to fail.

There are people out there who oppose ME, and want ME to fail.

There are people out there who oppose YOU, and want YOU to fail.

There are people out there who oppose America, and was US to fail.

There are people out there who refuse to own a dog, and want dog owners to fail.

There are people out there who oppose gun rights, and want gun owners to fail.

There are people out there who oppose women suffrage, and want women as a whole to fail.

Are all of these types of people conspiracy participants?

Not in my eyes. Rather, I think they are just people with their own opinions, their own agendas and their own missions.

It's always been that way, and it always will be that way.

Welcome to Earth, where some people are still free to consider the possibilities.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 10:33 AM
link   

con·spir·a·cy (kn-spîr-s)
n. pl. con·spir·a·cies
1. An agreement to perform together an illegal, wrongful, or subversive act.
2. A group of conspirators.
3. Law An agreement between two or more persons to commit a crime or accomplish a legal purpose through illegal action.
4. A joining or acting together, as if by sinister design: a conspiracy of wind and tide that devastated coastal areas.

Source: www.thefreedictionary.com...

Come back to me when you don't just want to argue.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 10:35 AM
link   

con·spir·a·cy (kn-spîr-s)
n. pl. con·spir·a·cies
1. An agreement to perform together an illegal, wrongful, or subversive act.
2. A group of conspirators.
3. Law An agreement between two or more persons to commit a crime or accomplish a legal purpose through illegal action.
4. A joining or acting together, as if by sinister design: a conspiracy of wind and tide that devastated coastal areas.

Source: www.thefreedictionary.com...

Come back to me when you don't just want to argue.

The only thing you've proven is that you accept a loss.

How do people discussing politics and disliking a particular politician constitute a conspiracy? To me, it's just free speech and possibly intellectual debate.

I think the pizza shop next door to my work is a conspiracy to make money, then. Am I wrong, by definition? What about Wal-Mart? Is that a conspiracy? I think you are conspiring to label everything and everyone as conspirator.

Again, grow up. You really can't get anywhere with such a lame point.

[edit on 29-9-2009 by ninecrimes]

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join