It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Schoolgirl dies after cancer jab

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Schoolgirl dies after cancer jab

news.bbc.co.uk

A 14-year-old girl has died after being given a cervical cancer jab as part of a national immunisation programme, but the exact cause of death is unknown.

The pupil took ill at Blue Coat CofE School in Coventry shortly after she received the Cervarix vaccine. She died in the town's University Hospital.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 03:19 PM
link   
First of all my sympathies to the family of this poor girl.

Secondly, the article says that about a million girls have had this vaccine, and this is the first fatality?

Also, it states that the UK uses a different vaccine to most other countries, which is a bit worrying.

With all the media attention that the Swine Flu Vaccine is going to get this autumn, this will certainly make the general populous think, I'd imagine.

There are some serious questions to be asked though:

"This again raises the question which we have asked for some time, as to why the government won't publish the assessments it made of the relative merits of the two HPV vaccines and why we therefore use a different vaccine to most other comparable countries."

Indeed.

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 03:27 PM
link   
My heart goes out to the family of this girl, how sad.

The school is not far from where I live, now I know my daughter will definately not have this vaccine as she is scheduled to be given it next week ( with consent of course, but it wont be given ).

Why would the vaccine be different here in the uk? Good question.

Edit to add - The vaccine is a series of 3 shots for anyone who does not know

[edit on 28-9-2009 by Beauty_HairyBeast]

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Beauty_HairyBeast
My heart goes out to the family of this girl, how sad.

The school is not far from where I live, now I know my daughter will definately not have this vaccine as she is scheduled to be given it next week ( with consent of course, but it wont be given ).

Why would the vaccine be different here in the uk? Good question.

Good call,from the sound of it it may have been a rogue batch (other girls given it at the same school had side affects).

You have to feel for the parents, trying to do the right thing.

Anyway, like you said, hold of until you get more info, all the best!

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 03:33 PM
link   
In the U.S. Gardasil is commonly used to prevent HPV. The death rate for Gardasil is 0.1 per 100,000...that is however but one of the many side-effects of this vaccine.

I have a post in this ATS Thread FDA Panel to Consider Approving Gardasil that lists all the known side-effects and their occurrence rates or ratios. Although Cervarix is manufactured by GlaxoSmithKline, a competitor of the Merck's Gardasil, I would suspect their proprietary adjuvant of the HPV strains would have similar side-effects.

As with any immunization or vaccination, one must carefully weigh the side-effects of what they are attempting to prevent vs. the side-effects of the treatment. Sometimes, the risks far outweigh the benefits.

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by kiwifoot

Good call,from the sound of it it may have been a rogue batch (other girls given it at the same school had side affects).

You have to feel for the parents, trying to do the right thing.

Anyway, like you said, hold of until you get more info, all the best!

Rogue Batch, what the hell?? How many other rogue batche's are out there!

I think we need to focus more on sexual education, as parents surely its our duty but we live in such a promiscuos society now that they have a vaccine and a pill for everything - it makes me sick.

I have all the info I need now especially after reading that article, thankyou for posting this.

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by fraterormus

I agree in part, one in a million sounds worth it, until it's your daughter or sister who is the 'one'.

Thanks for those figures and info mate, much appreciated.

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 03:44 PM
link   
How are we to know how our children will react to the poisons in these vaccines?

They still have to go for smears after the vaccines so really why do they need them?

I know for sure both my daughter's will not be having them!

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Beauty_HairyBeast

If it were my daughter, I don't think I'd let her get one either.

From the moment we are born well months after anyway, we are being stuck with these vaccines. Asthma, ADHD, Autism, allergies, c'mon, there has to be a link.

We never used to have these problems in the numbers we do now.

[edit on 28-9-2009 by kiwifoot]

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 04:06 PM
link   
I have to say this again

The vaccine in the UK is a series of 3 shots.

Please parents, dont allow your children to have these vaccine's!

This rogue batch of vaccine has been seized by the Nhs for testing, how many others are out there? We cant be sure but we can protect our children by not allowing them to have it.

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by kiwifoot
reply to post by Beauty_HairyBeast

If it were my daughter, I don't think I'd let her get one either.

From the moment we are born well months after anyway, we are being stuck with these vaccines. Asthma, ADHD, Autism, allergies, c'mon, there has to be a link.

We never used to have these problems in the numbers we do now.

[edit on 28-9-2009 by kiwifoot]

I think this is too sweeping a statement. There are some disputed theories about autism but generally there doesn't have to be a link at all. There are countless explanations for the conditions cited.

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by unicorn1

You are right, just this week there was an article in the UK MSM declaring that there was no link.

But you don't have to be a biochemist to know that something is wrong.

But I will grant you this mate, I have no proof, just my gut instinct!

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 04:47 PM
link   

The incident happened shortly after the girl had received her HPV vaccine in the school. No link can be made between the death and the vaccine until all the facts are known and a post-mortem takes place.

So. No clear link at the moment.
Nothing, actually, to say whether the kids were affects by the vaccine or were sick normally, since they are not checking the girls to see what caused their illness'.

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by RuneSpider

The incident happened shortly after the girl had received her HPV vaccine in the school. No link can be made between the death and the vaccine until all the facts are known and a post-mortem takes place.

So. No clear link at the moment.
Nothing, actually, to say whether the kids were affects by the vaccine or were sick normally, since they are not checking the girls to see what caused their illness'.

No, but (healthy?) 14 yr old girls don't die for no apparent reason, it's not a long shot that it has something to do with the vaccine.

Seems like the local officials are erring on the side of caution.

Good job I reckon.

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 05:00 PM
link   
there are many suffered from 'cancer jab', it was originally made as 'infertility vaccine' (long story)

here are more DM headlines on topic:

Concerns over safety of cervical cancer vaccine after 1,300 girls experience adverse side-effects

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

Paralysed cancer drug girl to be put on at-risk register ‘to shut her up’

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk... 0SRPcIZ5p

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 06:09 PM
link   
here, found a good collection of investigative reports on Gardasil by
Judical Watch dot org

www.judicialwatch.org...

Vaccine Adverse Effects Report System (VAERS) cumulative deaths report - June 16, 2009
Vaccine Adverse Effects Report System (VAERS) serious effects report from May 1, 2008 to May 15, 2009 - May 15, 2009
Vaccine Adverse Effects Report System (VAERS) serious effects report from January 1, 2008 to June 10, 2008 - June 30, 2008
Vaccine Adverse Effects Report System (VAERS) cumulative deaths report - June 30, 2008
Vaccine Adverse Effects Report System (VAERS) reports on Guillane-Barre Syndrome, spontaneous abortions, and all life-threatening cases from 2008 - June 30, 2008
Vaccine Adverse Effects Report System (VAERS) cumulative Gardasil adverse effects report (Warning, this is a very large file) - June 30, 2008
Merck's application to the FDA to patent the Gardasil vaccine - February 22, 2008
Merck's standard Gardasil information publication
Merck's report to the FDA giving the details of Gardasil and its clinical test results - February 22, 2008
A transcript of the Vaccines and Related Biological Products Advisory Committee's meeting to discuss Gardasil - February 22, 2008
Document from the FDA giving a determination of Regulatory Review Period for Purposes of Patent Extension for Gardasil - February 22, 2008
Gardasil Related Deaths Reported to VAERS as of September 7, 2007
Gardasil Related Deaths Reported to VAERS as of May 11, 2007
Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System (VAERS) Reports as of September 7, 2007
Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System (VAERS) Reports as of May 11, 2007

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 06:28 PM
link   
I just watched the new's and from what I can make out these girls were given the vaccine today, im sure this will be confirmed sooner or later.

Other pupils were sent home reporting side effects of dizziness, feeling sick and mild fever - IF they were given the vaccine today then something is seriously wrong here.

I urge all uk parents to not give consent for these injections!

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 06:28 PM
link   
One COULD die from the vaccine, however one WILL die from cancer.

I would rather risk the vaccine then risk getting cervical cancer which does not have a good outlook.

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 06:31 PM
link   
The news report said 1000 women die every year from that particular type of cancer.

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChrisF231
One COULD die from the vaccine, however one WILL die from cancer.

I would rather risk the vaccine then risk getting cervical cancer which does not have a good outlook.

it doesn't protects you from cancer, stupid, but triggers it.

how any logical mind can assume that 1germ+1 germ=0 germ, but no double germ, wirdos

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join