It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boycott America/Israel if they attack Iran?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikerussellus
***honest question alert******

Why would the rest of the arab world retaliate? They didn't when Iraq invaded Kuwait. They didn't when we went into Iraq. They didn't when we went to Afghanistan.

Why now?

That's a great question. Especially, since the "Arab world" and the "Persian world" don't really see eye to eye. They are all primarily Muslim but they aren't the best of friends.

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard

Originally posted by poedxsoldiervet
reply to post by miss_silver

America can be self sustaining, we have oil, we have food, we have water, we have the strongest military, we have 300 million people, we have a very large amount of land.... What we lack is common sense to use what we have "globlaztion" has killed America. A boycott on American goods? whats the point its all made in China.

Fair enough, can't argue with that - but what would the psychological effect of such a boycott do to the American morale?

If China stopped supplying Americans with their trade, would it not too affect you (aswell as China)? Unlikely i know, but it's certainly food for thought.

If China stopped trading their sub-par goods with the US, China would have an internal economic catastrophe on their hands. We buy most of their crap.

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

All My Life, I have wondered Why America seemed to be the World Police. I have Not agreed with any military action in my lifetime. None.
I don't think we should be in Afghanistan and I certainly don't think we should be involved with the Israel, Iran conflict.
I don't think we have any place in foreign politics.
It has been Corporate America that has influenced/controlled the American Govt. to interfere with other countries for capital gain.
I do not believe that the Average American has understood, or agreed with the military conflicts that the U.S. has been involved in for Many Years.
Of course after the 9-11 attack, people were behind Bush wanting justice for the deaths. But I have to say when I realized that what he was saying, and doing was BS, I stepped away and said HUH?
If there is a way to boycott "United Corporate America" I say go for it, Please!
I don't think it will hurt us much though, because almost Nothing is made here anymore anway.
I wish China would boycott us, I am Not Kidding. Maybe we could get some of our manufacturing back in the US.
If it were up to me I would kill all the free trade agreements and tell other countries to deal with their own problems, that we are going to be a neutral country.

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by lucentenigma

I don't think we will have to worry about boycotting anything if WWIII breaks out.

Most will be worrying how to put food in their mouths.

Great point! How to put food in their mouths and dodge bullets, bombs and shrapnel. Personally, I think I'm one of the few people on here that doesn't think that Israel or the US is going to attack Iran.

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by sisgood
Would someone please explain to me why you want a mad-man who has taken American hostages before to have nukes?

Only if you explain your undying loyalty to the jewish state of Israel.

He has made it pretty clear that if he gets these Nukes he will bomb Israel.

Can you provide some real evidence of this. When i say real, i mean real stuff not media spin or out of context rubbish.

All they are doing is planning to destroy the factories before nukes can be made.

Oh is that it... the loss of life is so casually rendered in your world eh?

Israel is not planning on Nuking unless they are Nuked. They will just use bunker busters to do the job.

Hang on a second. Do you even know anything about what you are saying or are you just parrot-like repeating anything that you watch and see on Fox news. You are not aware that America is telling Israel to hold back??

Certain people (Abemnanut and Kim John Iliketokill) should be denied access to the "I got nukes!" club.

Your semi-racist, childish ways do little to support an already weak arguement.

Next...

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Next...

How can you call her (I'm thinking she's a she) a "Semi-racist" when you don't even know her race? Maybe she's south Korean.... Honestly, I find it a kind of crappy remark.

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by really

Next...

How can you call her (I'm thinking she's a she) a "Semi-racist" when you don't even know her race? Maybe she's south Korean.... Honestly, I find it a kind of crappy remark.

No but it seems whenever somebody has an arabic or persian name, the twisting of the name to make it sound amusing shows little respect for that culture or limited typing skills.

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by really

Next...

No but it seems whenever somebody has an arabic or persian name, the twisting of the name to make it sound amusing shows little respect for that culture or limited typing skills.

She twisted a Korean name, too. Whatever... maybe it's out of disrespect for the two world leaders. I didn't like Bush and when Europe was up in arms protesting and putting up signs where he had horns (like the devil) I thought nothing of it. They didn't like him - fair enough.

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Yeah, well, the thing is, we in the US are gaining tens of thousands of new combat experienced men each and every year. It's really great to live in a nation where the citizenry are not only armed to the teeth, but each neighborhood has combat skilled men scattered throughout the nation, in every neighborhood. Truly a comforting feeling.

And yes, many good things have come from Britain. It was the Rolls Royce Merlin engine shoehorned into the American Mustang that made it the premiere fighter of WWII. And it was British Chobham armor that defines the shape of the M1A1 Abrams tank. Yes, cousin, you do well, and we in the US have benefited from your discoveries. But you cousin, have benefited as well.

Anyone want to put a dollar amount on it to see how it balances out?

I recall my neighbor taking a little cruise out into the Atlantic to offload a ton of missiles and other high-tech equipment onto British ships as they swung a little wide on their way to the Falklands.

So you are reducing your boat fleet. Since Russia, China, and other countries continue to build new boats, it's not like the threat has diminshed. So who is going to compensate for this reduction?

Never mind. Big brother will pick up the slack.

I notice that back when - and not too long ago - Britain was basically the one with their noses up everyone's asses, in everyone's business, and was scattered all over everywhere. I think I heard, "the sun never sets on the British Empire."

The fact that you can't say that now seems to be a personal source of irritation, but we in the US didn't mind you doing your business back when, nor did we in the US have anything to do with your decline.

Anyone want to put a number on the number of nations that Britain has fought in, and then how many people were dominated by the British, or how many natives were killed during these enlightened colonization efforts?

And hey, I don't want to hear any such contrived crap about the US dragging everyone else into conflicts. My grandfather fought in WWI, and he sure as hell didn't do so here in the States.

My uncles and father fought in WWII, one died jumping into Normandy, and another made it all the way to the Eagle's Nest with the 101st.

I mean, why didn't you take care of that little Nazi problem yourself?

OH. That's right. Neville Chamberlain hesitated for months enabling Hitler to build up his forces. What was that quote? Oh yes. "it is peace in our time."

Some peace. 52,000,000 dead. He was right on top of it, huh?

How many Americans are buried on European soil compared to how many Europeans are buried on foreign fields in the fights that the US got them into?

Anyone want to put a number on that and see how it balances out?

You need to sharpen your pencil, because you clearly don't know what in hell you're all about.

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 05:23 PM
link   
I think what i'm getting at is:

As you say, America is armed to the teeth waiting for something to happen, Israel is itching to fight Iran with America's backing.

I am basically saying this should not be the case. Why on earth do we need another war that will send every nation on the planet back in time to a primal state of agressiveness, as opposed to leading by example and promoting peace.

I never said the Uk's hands are clean, not once.

Sadly it seems more people are ready for war, almsot wanting a war, as opposed to wanting peace.

Yes the US have been a great help to the Uk, but only in very recent years. Before that we have survived almost everything that the world has thrown at us, and we still do.

But war is not the right path... Not if we wish to evolve as a species.

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 05:39 PM
link   

to your comment:
Fair enough, can't argue with that - but what would the psychological effect of such a boycott do to the American morale?

It would be the best thing that ever happened to us at this stage of the game.

Fact is, this is simply that: A GAME! people playing with lives. We need a wake up call of the "middle class". Time is coming forsure.

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 05:42 PM
link   

If you look back in time, Israel did a fine job in the 7 day war and didn't really have alot of support from anyone. Not to mention the surgical strikes they have taken from time to time. They can stand alone and probably own the middle east. I'd have to say these people have "the will" to survive anything and will.

Best wishes,

E

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Mr. Lizard, with all due respect, I would submit that the idea of world peace is fantastic.

It's a noble goal, and one that would be something to strive for.

One tiny problem.

It's NEVER going to happen. At no point in human history has mankind been at peace. You're right. Right now, a lot of people are seemingly urging a fight.

Let me tell you why.

Of all human miseries, uncertainty is the one that never lets up, and is the most miserable of human conditions.

Uncertainty is derived from the behavior of others.

So those that create a dread of uncertainty, humans have figured out - can be killed - and at least for a short time, that condition of uncertainty is minimized.

There will always be war as long as there are humans.

The trick is to be on the cusp, with the greatest weapons systems, the greatest experienced warriors, and the moral courage to meet danger readily.

Your own Winston Churchill had some of the wisest words ever uttered on the matter.

We are cousins. We share blood lines, we've shared hardships and horror together. We are grateful to our older and more mature cousin.

We came by our impatience honestly - after all - we are your outcasts - your own mutts.

I lied. If Britain ever needed me or mine, I'd come running. And I'd bring a number of SOB's of like mind with me.

This new enemy - Islam - is confounding the hell out of everyone in power, and they keep trying to defeat this enemy using conventional tactics.

Soon.

Soon they will realize the proper method of fighting this new enemy.

Until then, we'll continue to stumble our way through, due entirely to piss-poor leadership, and unknowing generals.

Be patient with us.

Believe me, sooner or later, one way or another, we'll get it figured out, and we'll get it done.

Just not in the immediate future.

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Based on your profile I'd guess your "pro" Muslin (right nor wrong).. I suspect this might be o small portion of why so many are willing to speak up and fight. It appears you have a agenda yourself? I have no problem with others "beliefs" but when they cross the line in our "modern world" we in the United States tend to stand up. I'm not talking about the idiots in Washington, I'm talking about "JOE" the guy that become "GI JOE". We then remove the cancer from wherever it is, then we come home and clean house. Your noise has been shared and all is clear. Your simply offering a argument for your side of the issue but your thinking is what kills those in places where no one is fighting.

We wear a UNIFORM AND OUR NATIONS FLAG AS WE GO TO CLEAN YOUR CLOCK! You wear the cloth of a woman and strap a bomb to your fanny.

? go figure ?

Enough of this...you are cleary on a agenda and our not open to clear thought and exchange.

I will no longer exhange words with a person of your ilk.

Enigmalone

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by poedxsoldiervet
reply to post by miss_silver

America can be self sustaining, we have oil, we have food, we have water, we have the strongest military, we have 300 million people, we have a very large amount of land.... What we lack is common sense to use what we have "globlaztion" has killed America. A boycott on American goods? whats the point its all made in China.

If China stopped supplying Americans with their trade, would it not too affect you (aswell as China)? Unlikely i know, but it's certainly food for thought.

I dont think a boycott on American goods would hurt America. Hardly anything is made here, we have lost our manufacturing base. And what is made here costs a ungodly amount of money due to UNIONS... a boycott on America would only serve to wake Americans up... So yeah plese boycott American goods-)

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by enigmalone

Who are you talking to? Me or someone else???

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 07:45 AM
link   
I'm boycotting the apartheid State of Israel already, but America will collapse whether I boycott it or not. Americans are responsible for the rogue state of Israel, whether we publicly admit so or not. And as such, when TSHTF everyone will be pointing at us, rightfully. Hopefully there comes a civil war where all Zionists will be booted for treason, some members even here will be walking.

- An American Abroad disgusted

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by TSawyer

I've never heard such a line of crap that is so inaccurate.

The US is not responsible for Israel. Break out some history son, your ignorance is showing.

The territory of Israel was established and approved by the UN. Immediately they declared themselves a nation, were attacked multiple times by multiples of countries, in multiples of coalitions, and each time, they held a lot more land when the shooting stopped.

Czechoslovakia arms were used in the '48-49 war and the '56 war. War surplus was obtained by Israel from multiple nations, and it was primarily French aircraft they used in the '67 war with primarily WWII American and more modern British tanks.

We did resupply them some material in the 1973 war, but the Soviets were pouring material to the Arabs, and even threatened to jump in themselves.

So get some education, and quit reading retarded Jew-hating literature that itself was learned and repeated by rote.

Stuff like these simple-minded claims just aren't true and make the one who repeats them seem rather simple-minded.

Unless of course, facts and truth mean nothing to you.

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by TSawyer

For those who haven't looked more than a few years in the past at the present day issues will find this very interesting.

How France sank the original Mideast peace

Every day politicians and pundits talk of another chance at Middle East peace missed, delayed or subverted. The focus is always on Palestinians and Israelis as the keystone to a global settlement with the West and across the region. But in the original peace arrangement between the Jews, Arabs and the Western powers, it was not settlements and Jerusalem that were at the heart of the problem. In fact, the Arabs originally agreed to a Jewish state complete with massive Jewish immigration. For Arabs, the prize was not Palestine, it was Syria.

This is the story of how the original Middle East peace plan crafted among all sides in the aftermath of World War I was subverted - not by Jews or Zionists, but by the French.

It begins at the Paris Peace Conference in January 1919, in a flag-bedecked, battle-scarred but victorious Paris. There, the great top-hatted Allied men of vision and illusion gathered to remake the world and invent the post-Ottoman Middle East. At those fateful meetings, the Arabs and Jews formally agreed to mutually endorse both their national aspirations and live in peace.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6fc7d0307af1.gif[/atsimg]

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Slayer69,
Almost didn't recognize you. Like the new avatar.
Anyway, great piece of information. Thanks for some real info. You too, Dooper.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join