It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jet halted at LAX; two men are removed by police

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Jet halted at LAX; two men are removed by police

latimesblogs.latimes.com

A plane was stopped from taking off from Los Angeles International Airport, and two men on board were taken into custody, according to the Los Angeles Police Department.

LAPD Lt. John Romero said the men, who appeared to be of Middle Eastern descent, were acting suspiciously.

A law enforcement source said at least one of the men ran into a restroom on the plane and appeared to hide while the New York-bound jet was taxiing on the runway, according to the source, who spoke on the condition of anonymity because the case was ongoing.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 02:15 PM
link   
More stuff to add the hyped up rhetoric these days. Not sure if there is anything to this - will monitor.

This is getting a little wild - but it is probably nothing. The Iran business, Queens terrorism, the FBI in a panic all seem to be pointing to something.

Let's just keep our fingers crossed.

latimesblogs.latimes.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Oh brother this is nonsense. This hysteria is getting downright silly. Thousands of planes fly across America every day. The chances of a few nutjobs or persons with a personality disorder are bound to fly on some of these flights. It's probably nothing but you never know nowadays.

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Originally posted by Zosynspiracy

They'll never successfully hijack an American plane again. Any disturbance is met with swift passenger resolution. We watch now.

Thats why I wonder about this report...

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Wait a moment, just because somebody ran to the rest room while the plane was to take off, this bound to be some "possible terrorist attack"?

What happen if the man ate something wrong and had diarrhea?

This just ridiculous.

[edit on 28-9-2009 by marg6043]

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 02:38 PM
link   
The guy was probobally a nervous flyer and didnt want to show his emotions in public and cause a scene. Looks like he was doomed either way and the passengers have judged him quick on his appearance, the "War on Terror propoganda" machine is working well.

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by TreadUpon

Bullcrap! You know how easy even in these days of incompetent, out of shape, fat TSA workers how easy it would be to hijack an airplane? We are no safer today than we were before 9/11. Heck I'm not even worried about terrorists when I fly anymore. I'm more worried about drunk airline pilots and aging badly maintained airplanes. I hate flying nowadays.

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Bah, what utter crud.

"of Middle-Eastern appearance" - how many times has that been used to instill instant fear and thoughts of terrorism? It's a mind game people, they have something planned that they want us to believe was caused by mythical "terrorists".

[edit on 28/9/2009 by Kryties]

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 02:49 PM
link   
It sounds like I'm in good company here because I too think this is ridiculous hysteria and has gone too far to give Americans a false sense of security from the invisible Terrorist threat.

It must suck to be an Arab in America. It must suck to be a Muslim in America. It must suck to be nervous on an airplane in America. It must suck to have to use the bathroom on an airplane in America. And if the news article is any indicator, it sucks to the fourth power if all of the above happens to apply to you.

There was a very good reason why we had innocent until proven guilty! Suspicion was not supposed to be enough to arrest a person. There was a time where you had to have substantial enough proof to convince either the District Attorney's Office, or a Judge that there was enough evidence to warrant a Trial (or Warrant in the case of substantiated suspicion). Are we ever going to be able to go back to that way of doing things, or is it forever going to be Guilty until proven Innocent?

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   
While there may be rampent hystaria surrounding persons of mid. eastern apperence the feds are still looking for at least 2 more suspects who alegedly helped Zazi purchase chemicals in denver .Just sayin

top topics

join