It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Fourth Kind: Alien Abductions - The Big Picture from George Knapp

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 02:49 AM
link   
Very impressive! Maybe there will be a great awakening before I leave this forsaken planet.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 09:39 PM
link   
I just saw the 4th Kind and I do have to admit it does indeed capture the terror of what some have described as an abduction experience. I think Fire in the Sky captured that terror as well and gave a small glimpse of what it might be like and share that emotion with the audience.

I remember they mentioned something about the smell of the abductors. Putrid Cinnamon smell...Think Whitley Streiber said something to that effect.

Possible good side about this info portraying these ETs as terrifying. If or when disclosure comes around...we will find it isnt really as terrifying as we were led to believe.

I wasnt sure what to make of The Fourth Kind. Whether it was demonic possession, poltergeist or what. I am God was one of the translations in the Sumerian language spoke. Sounds like a P O'd Lucifer...but thats my limited perception and religious teaching of it.

Interesting movie though.

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 02:08 AM
link   
alright i just got back from seeing the fourth kind and it was #ing awesome!

really one of the best thriller films i have seen since... hmm more comparable with horror... john carpenter's the thing!

something extra creepy about having seen the film though. before we went to go inside the theater i had made sure the car was locked and the windows rolled up (before i even got there i had the windows up because i was freezing). anyway after the movie ends we come outside and the car is already unlocked and the driver's side window is down!

i mean wtf? i had the only keys with me the entire time and i made certain the car was locked before we stepped in the theater.

on a side note i don't appreciate flashes of light on televisions or movie screens, makes me think that i might be at risk of hypnotism:

flashes of white light occur for several seconds about more than half way through the film.

anyway the film was pretty creepy and leaves me wanting to take a team and a trip to alaska to do some research (anyone up for cold weather?).

but im going to need to do research of my own first and find out whether or not this film is based off of something authentic or if its just another blair witch project??? if anyone knows already id be more than happy to hear!

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by AboveTopSecret.com

Very interesting videos there... S+F from me...

I don't think i can call anyone a liar if they say they've been abducted and can say in great detail what happened... in fact it would be pretty amazing i think.... and with scars appearing on their bodies too to verify the act!!!

ok... i know scars can appear from a scratch to a cut to a knife wound but i dunno why people would lie about such things except to write books and make appearances to gain some cash!!

Anyway, good stuff and i'll be watching 'the fourth kind'

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Before I read the thread I have a question.

So was this thread created to coincide with the movie? Would this thread have been created if "The Fourth Kind" movie didn't exist?

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Tomis_Nexis

What does it matter?

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pathos
Between the ages of 16 to present, I had experienced sleep paralysis countless of times. Sometimes there are nightmare themes, which my imagination conjures up from something I read or watched. Heck, I even had the whole alien abduction dream.

As a young child under age 5 I had never read or watched anything relating to or about this Incubus/Succubus thing you posted info on. Yet I was 99% sure I saw this baboon/monkey type creature at the foot of my bed. It wasn't until I clicked your link that I said to myself "WOW That's it!, that's how it was!". 30+ years later. So I can't go with your relate an image or story to it theory.

Originally posted by PathosSince I suffer from sleep paralysis often, I have become an expert on; when they occur, regulating my fears, and taking control.

So you wouldn't attribute any of this to demonic possession?
If not because by chance; you don't believe in the spiritual realm, would you rule out the possibility that this is more of a reason why it happens to you so frequently?

Originally posted by PathosI hope now some will understand why I keep saying, "Its all based upon biological mechanisms and exposure to pop culture (modern mythology)".

I mentioned above. Why would your mind or body produce an experience you were never exposed to, or had never cared to imagine?

Originally posted by PathosIt can be a little scary, but it is a natural human mechanism. Nightmares are formed by not understanding what is happening.

Do you REALLY understand what is happening?

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Between the ages of 16 to present, I had experienced sleep paralysis countless of times. Sometimes there are nightmare themes, which my imagination conjures up from something I read or watched. Heck, I even had the whole alien abduction dream.

As a young child under age 5 I had never read or watched anything relating to or about this Incubus/Succubus thing you posted info on. Yet I was 99% sure I saw this baboon/monkey type creature at the foot of my bed. It wasn't until I clicked your link that I said to myself "WOW That's it!, that's how it was!". 30+ years later. So I can't go with your relate an image or story to it theory.

Since I suffer from sleep paralysis often, I have become an expert on; when they occur, regulating my fears, and taking control.

So you wouldn't attribute any of this to demonic possession (CORRECTION... demonic attack)?
If not because by chance; you don't believe in the spiritual realm, would you rule out the possibility that this is more of a reason why it happens to you so frequently?

I hope now some will understand why I keep saying, "Its all based upon biological mechanisms and exposure to pop culture (modern mythology)".

I mentioned above. Why would your mind or body produce an experience you were never exposed to, or had never cared to imagine?

It can be a little scary, but it is a natural human mechanism. Nightmares are formed by not understanding what is happening.

Do you REALLY understand what is happening?

My apologies ATS, couldn't edit original. Req for previous to be del/rem...

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 02:57 PM
link   
I thought it was a very good film as well.
Its hard to act through something that most people cannot relate to in any way, but i thought jovivich did a good job. Very interesting nd whether or not its based on a true story or not, the fact remains that the phenomena of alien abduction or i should say anomalous abduction is occurring so its good to bring the facts to more peoples attention, regardless of this case possibly being fictitious, it doesn't make the phenomena fictitious.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Did anything of this actually happen in Nome Alaska or is everything made up ? Some sources say that something actually did take place there , some sources say that it was all viral marketing for the movie, using real name news-sources but faked articles/reports. /Regards.

[edit on 20-1-2010 by rhines]

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by rhines

they said it did take place and was looked into by various companys including the fbi.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by merryxmas

I liked that video presentation very much. I do not remember ever being abducted but the abduction stories and especially the lab experiments scare me to the point of panic.

I have had horrible nightmares about Aliens and abductions and the nightmare of the aliens is always at a house I grew up in.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join