It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Fourth Kind: Alien Abductions - The Big Picture from George Knapp

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 03:22 AM
link   
I'm coming from a different perspective. In the spiritual communities and in lots of books, there is this idea that aliens cannot interact with us openly because of a quarantine that has been in effect, a quarantine that has been selfimposed by us ages ago. "Don't disrupt the natives" in a way. A way to allow us our own evolution. Until such a time arrives that the quarantine will be over. And we're near that time. Also look what has happened on Earth for centuries: human kind has evolved to a great extend on their own.

I do believe that the alien interactions are more real than people that have responded in this thread might think. Just as we can only perceive light on a certain frequency scale (we cannot see infrared except when we use technology!), or hear sounds on a certain frequency scale, this whole dimension of time and space we are in is on a certain frequency. Anything that falls beyond the scale and is not within our frequency is not perceived by us. This includes everything from parallel dimensions to other lifeforms.

Also, we cannot think of anything that does not exist, because everything exists. Everything! We cannot say that something does not exist simply because we aren't aware of it, period. We live in existence and cannot perceive that which does not exist - we can't even talk about it. Existence is a universal law. "But I have never seen a purple alligator with two heads that can speak English!" -- even though one might think it up proves that it is within the endless realms of possibility to exist, hey, it even exists as an idea!

Also it has been said that for example the Zeta's aren't really ET's. They are humans from a parallel dimension that is far in *our* future that have, through evolution, lost their sense to perceive emotion (here will has nothing to do with it) and their possibility to procreate, and came to us, their genetic ancestors, to form hybrids between humans and themselves. Zeta's work together as workers with more advanced civilizations. Some of those civilizations are actually formed by the hybridization project! Time isn't really linear, we create time to exist but really there is only an eternal Now through which we shift, and more advanced beings can shift their energy through time to our timeline, they visit us by doing exactly that.

There are five types of hybrids and already thirty generations. The Sassani is one, Yahyel is another, there are three more. The Yahyel are actually the ones closest to us genetically speaking, and they are the ones that have showed us the Phoenix Lights.

Some of the hybrids walk among us as 'test batches' and others are residing on the ships. There is a hybridization project going on that governments are aware of, and there is an agenda. The agenda is this: preparing humans for open contact, to live together with new species, and to make us witness how we were never really disconnected from the universe even though we did think we were. There are human children being born with a higher sense of awareness. It all comes together. We are the masters of limitation and are slowly waking up to the fact that the universe is filled up with life. We were never disconnected!

[edit on 30-9-2009 by voidzero]

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 06:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by merryxmas
I haven't thought about this film in quite some time so it leaves me with that lovely feeling of coincidence that makes your brain tingle with delight.

Jung would've called that synchronicity!

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 07:25 AM
link   
When reviewing a piece, it's easy to correlate the validity of the content with the quality of the presentation. But more important than production quality, is the experience, reputation, thoroughness, & integrity of the "author".

We all know this, yet we don't always take the time to research the researcher before determining credence. So in the event that someone isn't familiar with George or his work, I'm interjecting a local analyst's perspective.

Anyone can look up George's credentials, but I don't know of any reporter that is more respected here (Vegas or Nevada). He's one of a dying breed of true investigative reporters & has been a Vegas news fixture for almost 30yrs. He's earned a number of Edward R Murrow awards, a Peabody, over a dozen Emmys, the Mark Twain AP Award & a host of other international distinctions.

He has probably done more in-depth investigations on Area 51, UFOs, Test Sites, Nellis etc. than anyone else, & has developed contacts & acquired information like no other. His Investigative Reports are accepted here as fact & in general, "if George says it, it must be so". He does his homework, presents the facts & sources them, & most importantly for me - he respects his readers/viewers enough to let them decide their own position.

George's reporting is about as good & credible as it gets. We may disagree with his sources or have our own insights, but if he finds something worth researching - there's something to it.

PS: Thank you George for another great report!

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Thanks for the post.
Great video.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by ablue07
I read an article about beings called "Jinn" they are entities that supposedly live in our world but cannot be seen by us. Interdimensional beings that are capable of coming into our world and interacting with us. They also have the same likes and dislikes as us and are capable of good or bad behaviour also it is said that they are addicted to abducting humans.

It would seem there are those who have advanced technologies that give them superpowers to some degree.

For all we know, these may be reptilians. Dolphins use something to stun or kill their prey, but this might also be merciful.

Budd Hopkins doesn't get as much credit here on this site as Jim Marrs. One of his books I'd bought but hadn't really read was Sight Unseen. Religious stories such as when Peter (or one of them) was broken out of prison using similar powers of the Jinn or Sight Unseen. Similar to the force in Star Wars.

We now know of hypnosis as entertainment, but don't realize just how far that's being exploited.

There may actually be those who've conquered immortality and jack peoples bodies as some stories such as X-files has portrayed. I really miss X-files but now we have multiple programs of Fringe subjects. People want to have superpowers and love the mysterious. Someone will exploit that.

Those in the past who've somehow seen into the future, may have actually just witnessed science fiction programs and movies we would see and we missed the interpretation.

Other worlds and species might not use this type of entertainment or understand it, but also exploit it. We may have sent a false flag or similar to other worlds......or someone else to bait them for their technologies?

This could be disasterous for us, depending on who now knows and wants to exploit it. I'm fairly certain we've been watched and manipulated for thousands of years if not originally brought here and a continuous experiment in process.

The movie of the Jinn or Wishmaster, may have many truths to it.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Pathos

Sleep paralysis does not even begin to cover the abduction phenomena. You are painting such a broad stroke by ecnompassing it all with what happens to a few when they go to bed. There are dozens of cases where people have been abducted while driving, while out walking, while watching tv, while doing any number of mundane activities that have nothing to do with sleep. You're also glossing over the evidence presented by Dr. Leir(sp?) who has surgically removed a significant number of non terrestial objects placed within people's bodies. Those have been tested and found to be made of a metal that does not exist on Earth. Not to mention of course that before the removal the objects transmit and have moved away from the surgeon on it's own.

This isn't willy nilly "I had a scary dream I musta done been abducted" sort of thing. This defies sleep paralysis and is quite real.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by merryxmas
reply to post by Pathos

You're also glossing over the evidence presented by Dr. Leir(sp?) who has surgically removed a significant number of non terrestial objects placed within people's bodies.

Those have been tested and found to be made of a metal that does not exist on Earth. Not to mention of course that before the removal the objects transmit and have moved away from the surgeon on it's own.

This isn't willy nilly "I had a scary dream I musta done been abducted" sort of thing. This defies sleep paralysis and is quite real.

It is also suggested that some materials may actually or intentinally have a certain frequency or signature. Also this signal might also change depending on the persons health etc. It's like some tagging device we don't understand like some crystals that might now be used in radios

Isn't this what some tags we use now also do.

I think that implants have various purposes depending on the person and the experiments or process.

Abductees who've been made to believe they're special may have more than one meaning. No doubt they're special to some degree, someone or process.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Pathos,

You have no clue............... but if your caccoon is conforting with SP being your answer............. all I can say is good for you.

As with everything time will tell.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Great essay George. You are indeed a wordsmith worthy of envy.

I have not been able to view the videos on this dysfunctional computer that is my main machine, but will somewhere else and comment again.

It is a little strange that the responses haven't for the most part addressed the issue closely. I think actually, that denotes a general disdain and disbelief for and about the subject matter. There appears to be some mockery going on, but for the most part that arises in the minds of rather our non reflective and nonserious portion of our population.

It is pleasing to the ear and soothing to the mind to hear that aliens, ufos, and abductions are pure hogwash. It feels so good to dicount it and make it untrue in the mind and somehow therefore untrue in the real world. But as we all really know... there are more theories than verifications in every realm of investigation and quite often our beliefs and desires do not match the facts of the matters involved.

I have met people who have been involved in secret groups who demand their anonymity who don't appear to be reacting off of some phantasmic experience. There are people in our world who are famous in invisible circles who are working diligently on these exact puzzles.

The gist of at least one thread of your essay talks about the self defeating nature of public involvement with the discussion when one has such things as a public reputation, job security and the reputation of a respected fictional entity involved. By this I mean: Harvard and etcetera.

That is a very real issue that blocks serious discussion of these matters. Clearly, it is a social constraint. It doesn't matter which group holds the reins of the constraint. It doesn't appear that this will change. It is at one level too scary to think about personally for people, and at another level it is too scary to think about for the groups that attempt to maintain some sort of control over population groups. Until such time as there is a direct and DRAMATIC landing and contact, it will remain this way.

My information leads me to believe that this sort of contact will never occur. Everything will remain as it is until such time as there is an orchestration in collusion with official groups that have and maintain a relationship with those other people. If it were to occur, it would signal a change in the structure of our collective existence in such a way that it is questionable as to whether this would really be a postive event or not.

If the info is to be believed, there is supposedly some sort of universal law that prohibits "interference'. I have to say that I do not quite understand the definition of the term "interference" at this level. I had asked questions about: Well then, who are the police in this matter?... and I don't really get a satisfying answer. Who does the judging? Who keeps them all straight?

Extrapolating from our species, lawless societies are chaotic and dangerous societies. So when I am responded to with an over simplistic answer such as: They don't think like we do. Then my open mindedness becomes a little pressed upon. I don't know what to think about it. It then becomes hard to understand.

Meeting people who apparently are in the know, is disturbing. It IS fascinating, but it is disturbing.

People who who do not want to allow themselves to believe in the phenomena are falling under the umbrella of the fallacy: Ignorance is Bliss. In this case, for them, perhaps there is a note of truth in that.

So here we will remain stuck in the no man's land between belief and reality.

It is one thing to say that the Moon is not made out of blue cheese because I don't want it to be, and another thing to say that the global project is not real because I don't want it to be. The first statement may match the facts of the matter and the second one may not. It may be a dangerous thing for people to do the cynical handwaving that they are so accustomed to.

I would say let them be. Let them do the hand waving, the childish insulting and the shouting. Just keep going about the work. When the ears finally open, then more people will hear you and the others like you.

I have been told, that most people cannot handle the information. That when exposed, they understand it briefly, and then sort of just go back to sleep trying to forget it. The information must be something of a nature that makes us look very petty and of a form of nothingness. Possibly very disconcerting for a species mostly motivated by selfishness, ego and desire. In other words: the answer is neither pleasing nor edifying for mankind in general.

The biggest problem of all is that those who are in the know are NOT going to expose themselves and therefore we will not get the clarification we seek. It must come from the army of investigators of which you are a member. To them it is a matter of principle. I agree with them.

Scott

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Thanks George and ATS for sharing this documentary about the abduction phenomenon/reality, and by bringing it under attention on the serious manner it absolutely deserves.

I always wondering myself the following.

Where in this all is our scientific community, what could be their reasons for the fact that they still completely ignoring and avoiding this enormous important and real phenomenon.

Could it be that the majority of them really think that it is nothing more than as suggested, that it’s all psychological and biological and that Aliens have nothing to do with it?
Would they really be so short-sighted.

Or could it be that they don’t dare to come forward because of the ridicule they obvious would receive for that, just as happened with people like Budd Hopkins, ** Dr. John Mack [deceased] and Dr. David Jacobs?

Or is it pure for the fear of risking their reputations, losing their jobs or even worse?

A Pulitzer Prize-winning biographer and psychiatrist now reveals the results of four years of intensive research and investigation into the serious, ever-growing phenomenon of alien abduction.

When respected Harvard psychiatrist John E. Mack, M.D., first published these astonishing results of four years of intensive research and investigation into alien abduction, he unleashed a firestorm of controversy.

www.ufoevidence.org...

Regards.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 02:12 PM
link   
That was a most excellent video.
It would be interesting to see if you could get that onto PBS as a short, or build a larger presentation.

Each of the people you have showcased lay out the issues and the problem well. Of course they are recognizable names for the most part of people who have looked into this over many years.

Hopkins' and Mack's thinking and delivery on the subject is spot on. Breaking the veil of ignorance on the subject in the scientific community is a necessary component to moving the discussion forward. It is possible that the closer we get to the truth, the more disclosure that may occur.

I wish I knew what the extra people want. One hears lots of stories, but the truth of the matter is unknown due to the lack of verification.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by drphilxr
The carl sagans and michio kaku's of the world seem to agree intergalactic, nay even intersolar, travel can only be imagined with wormhole drives. Anything less is implausible.

Sagan and Kaku have been using old and incomplete calculations. The latest calculations suggest that we can reach a distant target of redshift 1.7 (about 15.5 billion light years away) - the edge of our visible universe in 30 years relative to the traveller using an acceleration of 1g while staying subluminal.

Of course there is no return from this journey - many billions of years would have passed with respect to the origin.

This means with a sufficiently advanced ship, ideally with better acceleration and inertial countermeasures we could travel pretty much where we wished, so long as you don't want to return to your origin shortly after you set off or reach somewhere at a certain time. To do this would indeed require "wormhole drives"

See NewScientist.com

and

Physical Review

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Get into the discussion on Face Book and if you choose SCHOOL these people on the Anunaki and the Nephillim!!

Dont be scared to share on facebook they already know who you are if you share on here!!

www.facebook.com...#

[edit on 10/16/2009 by Chaos Lord]

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Okay guys,
Where is the proof that aliens exist?

Show us something that everyone can see, hear, and touch all at one.

Show us.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by open_eyeballs
reply to post by Pathos

I absolutely believe you are correct, in your circumstances. Admittedly, I am skeptical about alien abductions in general, but I have to ask how such evidence as animal mutilations, witnesses, corroborating stories and other physical markings left on the human body come about?

While I certainly can see your point and have heard that argument before (and agree it sound slogical an dvery well may be the reality with the large majority of these kinds of cases), I have to wonder if your particular case should be generalized to encompass all accounts...?

As for the human body.... research has shown that under hypnosis a person who believes they are being burned will sometimes actually acquire a burn mark.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 01:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Pathos

Ha, thats about as laughable as your all encompassing sleep paralysis explination. I'll say this, that unless you were those people at the time they went through their "situation" we'll call it; I really can't take you word on this one. No offense, but psychologists couldn't class it as sleep paralysis why can you?

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by agentofchaos
reply to post by Pathos

Ha, thats about as laughable as your all encompassing sleep paralysis explination. I'll say this, that unless you were those people at the time they went through their "situation" we'll call it; I really can't take you word on this one. No offense, but psychologists couldn't class it as sleep paralysis why can you?

Wow. If anyone is taking notice, agentofchaos's reply was to this statement:

Originally posted by Pathos
Okay guys,
Where is the proof that aliens exist?

Show us something that everyone can see, hear, and touch all at once.

Show us.

I asked a real legit question, and his reply was an acknowledgment of ignorance. Instead of providing some type of evidence (or good counter argument), he revealed to everyone that he doesn't have proof.

When confronted with a straightforward question, agentofchaos (and others like him), want you to take the answer to my question as: "Aliens are real because I say they are."

If some of you guys cannot supply a good counter argument, everyone else should start asking themselves, "What is driving the UFO movement? Is it a religious movement? Or, are people like agentofchaos the reason why no one takes you guys seriously."

I thought ATS's slogan was, "Deny Ignorance".

agentofchaos,
If I am wrong in my analysis, what is your counter argument? What type of proof do you have? What drove you to believe aliens existed? What type of evidence do you have, which some credible scientist can test to draw a conclusion?

[edit on 4-11-2009 by Pathos]

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 12:24 PM
link   
What is interesting is that 'no one' has provided a scientific counter argument in favor of alien abductions. Instead of providing in-depth scientific research into the mater, most of the answers in this thread are, "Sleep paralysis is not the answer because I said its not."

What type of argument is that?

What are you basing your arguments on? Has anyone done extensive research on the human condition, and how the mind is affected by biological systems?

Where are the scientific arguments?

[edit on 4-11-2009 by Pathos]

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Pathos

Other then seeing a "UFO" my self with my g/f Jeannie and my friend DJ. When I say "UFO" I say a craft like thing in the sky emitting light and changing colors and then disappearing right before our eye above a lake, so I have my own physical experience, but I guess I don't have physical proof. What exactly are we discussing here, you have proof that it wasn't aliens? then please give me a link to said evidence I'll read it as I read each case file that I can for the abductions and I'll see if it's explainable as SP, but it still won't be able to fully explain 2 people getting abducted and in detail telling the same story...Let me ask you something what would you consider physical proof? me bringing an alien down here and have him sign a paper saying he abducted me? what exactly qualifies as physical proof for you, pathos?

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Let's take this a different direction.

For the sake of argument, let's allow that it is true:

Alien abductions are real.

Then what do we do?

I have heard discussions about some "non interference" law so called.
But I would submit to you, that snatching me in the middle of the night, or my wife, or one of my kids, does in fact impact and interfere with my life whether I know i have been abducted or not, consciously. My subconscious DOES know.

Part of me does not believe what I have heard, (which is not much by the way) about "intentions" of the "whatever it is" that is doing this.

I am not impressed with the imaginary majesty of any alien cultures as viewed and concocted through our feeble sensory devices and skewed psychology of the matter. (fear and awe)

I tend to believe that the few differences, (telepathy of SOME species and their "technology"), coupled to imagination and awe make these things out to be more than they are.

The "mysteriousness" is due to ignorance and no more.

This is OUR world and I do not appreciate nor consent to their little "games" couched in whatever rhetoric you care to use.

So what do you think about it assuming it is true?
What can we do about it?

[edit on 5-11-2009 by akalepos]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join