It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking News: Brazil Declassifies New Set UFO Secrets Documents

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 02:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by venividivici
Doesn't the Brazilian Army or Air Force have any cameras? Even Black and White would be okay.

Jeebus

Drawings ????

Oh wait - they used black and white cameras to take pictures of documents and drawings LMFAO

[edit on 28-9-2009 by venividivici]

Most of those reports are from the 70's and from civilians, they are not reports of the military to the public, but reports from the public to the military that were delivered back to the public

They won't reveal everything they know, they are only revealing the civilian reports and cheap documents regarding their investigations on the subject that they've conducted ages ago as a way to say "yes we know about it, and we are letting you guys aware of it as way to check how a full disclosure would be like".

Here is another source for these documents. These documents even though are not available in any official site by the Brazilian Government (not one that I could find anyway) you can allegedly find them in public libraries and national archives in Brazil.

translate.google.com...://www.fenomenum.com.br/ufo/governo/brasil/docbra1.htm&sl=pt&tl=en&history_sta te0=

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 03:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Frank Warren

“Official UFO Night in Brazil”, oh yeah... heard about that one but never really read the details; could someone please post its translation?

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 04:06 AM
link   
I always find something fascinating regarding UFO's and the 1980's. Don't know why maybe because I was born in the 80's. Anyway well done Brazil and lets hope other nations keep following until we have full disclosure.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 04:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by reject
reply to post by Frank Warren

“Official UFO Night in Brazil”, oh yeah... heard about that one but never really read the details; could someone please post its translation?

Brazilian UFO website translated HERE

Let me know if the link dies, I'll repost if need be.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 04:45 AM
link   
here's a couple of interesting interviews concerning an official of the Brazilian Air Force with Brazilian UFO Magazine,

www.paranormalnews.com...

www.ufo.com.br...

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 06:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by NIGHTRID3R
Why? imagine all the Choas for the hardcore Christians and other religion followers that would die for their god. This could change the entire history of humanity and all those who lost their lives preaching religion all of a sudden realize they preached lies to everyone and they been fooled. But those wouldnt be the only ones that would not like that idea. Historians would of lost all their lives studying what they believed was fact to come to the conclusion its all an illusion. Scientist wouldnt like it either to know that most of their thories are actually false and there is much smarter then us and much more advanced. To be pointed out that your physics and chemistry is for them child play and that we got it all wrong would detroy lots of peoples lives.

It takes a lot to draw me out of lurking, but the arrogance some people have to assume that the God I believe in would create this infinite reality, yet not populate it, is astounding. More of us believe in life elsewhere than the select few. And what exactly about aliens living would cause my religion to be a lie? It would not affect it at all. They have the same freewill we have.. well I hope they do? that can believe whatever they want. BUT since we all all assuming here, let's assume that they are Christian and they land and try to tell you about "God" and all that stuff. Would it make you think your beliefs, what ever they may be, are a lie?

I certainly hope not. I would hope they mean more to you than that.

[edit on 29-9-2009 by nateandcourt]

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 06:07 AM
link   
reply to post by nateandcourt

I can see what you are saying...

However why would a belief that humans created ever be associated with those from another planet!?

[edit on 29-9-2009 by The Songwriter]

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 06:40 AM
link   
I see it as God being the one, who created all life could also then supposedly have created other creatures which included these so called aliens, who in turn might have the same type beliefs similar to our own... Who knows maybe God himself is an Alien.
just because there might be other life forms in the universe dosen't neccessarily mean that christians or others would die of shock by finding out they are real. You can't say that aliens have evolved from apes either.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 06:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by nateandcourt
It takes a lot to draw me out of lurking, but the arrogance some people have to assume that the God I believe in would create this infinite reality, yet not populate it, is astounding.

The arrogance on some people that assume the creator of the Universe listens or cares, individually, about what people whine about and their daily struggles is astounding.

Nothing personal but I can't help but laugh when religious people mock what others believe.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by converge

Originally posted by nateandcourt
It takes a lot to draw me out of lurking, but the arrogance some people have to assume that the God I believe in would create this infinite reality, yet not populate it, is astounding.

The arrogance on some people that assume the creator of the Universe listens or cares, individually, about what people whine about and their daily struggles is astounding.

Nothing personal but I can't help but laugh when religious people mock what others believe.

I agree with you. I never said he cares on such a level, but we are all assuming here.

I would not say mocking, but rather I am amused at someone telling me how a certain event will affect my personal beliefs. It's cute... and naive.

[edit on 29-9-2009 by nateandcourt]

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 07:29 AM
link   
How come this doesn't excite me? Is it because I already know they exist? Is it because I have heard disclosure news before and nothing comes of it? This is significant, but will it change anything? How come I never get abducted? I'm willing o relocate to where ever it is they call home.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Resinveins
Why do they come out with these documents in fits and spurts. You get this time periods documents this month... and in a few more you can have those that relate to the 90's ... and in a few more you can have another batch.. etc. etc.

Why not just all at once?

I guess that this is because they are checking through them all to make sure that they are speculative enough to not prove anything?

They must trawl through thousands of cases and then put the file onto the classified pile or the declassified pile to register it safe for sheeple consumption.

Edit to add: by "sheeple" I mean the general public.

[edit on 29-9-2009 by george_gaz]

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by ExPostFacto
I totally hate to burst everyone's bubble...but, Brazil did not just release those.

See my post from over a month or two ago HERE

Whoever's blog that is, seems to be just trying to get traffic.

The files are in the national archive... what means.. you need go there and do the job yourseft (scan, take photo, create pdf, and publish in the internet: the files are there you do the rest)

I am from Brazil and have the feeling that our gov. don't have that much info about UFO as people want because in tha last decades the military didn't have much money and resources to make any research like some countries like USA or Europe could spend... well tbh neither today
People must realize that here the reality is very very very different than yours.

[edit on 29/9/09 by blackcube]

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 09:57 AM
link   
I dont post much here, but I must comment on the religious side of this thread.

I dont believe in god. Period.
I dont believe that one all knowing, all seeing being created what we see feel and smell in our every day lives, however I do respect other religions and their beliefs and let them get on with it.

I DO believe that intelligent life is out there and may already be here...
Thats my position.

Within the last year i have been reading about UFO's, the bible, possible connections between the two...

There was a recent thread (within the last 2 weeks) in which one ATS'er grabbed some quotes from the Bible and interpreted (sorry; spelling) them from a view that could suggest that "God" or one his many voices/visions etc could have infact actually been a "visitor" from space.

For example, do you think a real "Star" would just suddenly appear over Joseph and Mary's house to guide the 3 wise men? or would it be more logical with todays technology to interpret that as a flying object?

When a civilisation with no technology witnesses something they cannot explain, such as "bright lights" or voices/noises from the heavens, of course they will write about it in the terms they understand or interpret.... "booms of thunder" "fire from the sky" "bright stars" etc.

So to deny the fact the bible is telling the truth (even with my views) is not entirely possible, as it might be... just in the words of a non advanced society....

food for though?

[edit on 29-9-2009 by jdmjam]

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Brazil Declassifies New Set UFO Secrets Documents

became a topic about religion and god

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Unfortunately, thats inevitable...

When ever you post a topic on UFO's you will get the believers and non believers and that almost always ends in a discussion about God.

Apologies ATS, hijack over... Back to subject...

Wasn't Brazil a hotspot for UFO sightings at one stage? I swear I read somewhere that there were wormholes in that area...
Anything about those in the declassified info?

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 10:56 AM
link   
It's inevitable when certain people act holier-than-thou because they proclaim themselves religious or of a particular faith.

Raising the possibility of Governments not sharing everything they know about the UFO phenomena because it could disturb the religions of the World is pertinent in regards to the subject of disclosure, independently of what I think of it.

Arguing about it because you claim to know what God is, or his intentions were/are, is quite frankly presumptuous.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Red_Fox
Woah!
First we take Rio, Then Washington D.C!

The US released their UFO files a long time ago.

Is this all the mythical disclosure? Hardly. There are no truths revealed, these are just file dumps. But considering how the believers eat this up, how they think these equate to disclosure, perhaps the US government should have another file-dump.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 11:07 AM
link   

It's inevitable when certain people act holier-than-thou because they proclaim themselves religious or of a particular faith.

UFO believers are not much different. They take a presumption of arrogance because they think they knew certain truths the rest of the public doesn't. Everyone else is stupid, ignorant and so forth. Case in point...

Originally posted by george_gaz
They must trawl through thousands of cases and then put the file onto the classified pile or the declassified pile to register it safe for sheeple consumption.

Edit to add: by "sheeple" I mean the general public.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by ROBL240
Not one file i've ever read has actually had substantial proof that the military or governments acknowledges the existance of UFO's.

I'll assume you mean extra-terrestrial life. Anyway, have you considered the possibility that, particularly the French, British and Brazilian Governments don't have substantial proof of extra-terrestrial visitation?

Maybe. But you have to admit that the fact that all these world governments are declassifying this information, as if guided by a common agenda, raises more questions than it answers, ESPECIALLY, if they didn't believe there was something to the reports.

Why would several world governments decide to do this, relatively simultaneously (that is, within the last three years or so) if they don't really have any interest in the phenomena reported?

I've heard people say that it was all part of a conspiracy for the movie "The X Files". I found that theory implausible.

-rrr

<< 1  2    4 >>

join