It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You better agree with me, because if you don't everyone will hate you.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Jungle Jake, you should remove "Jew" and "Israel" from the list. You can seriously get some heat for insulting that group. Just look at that gal who was on the Apprentice. Just for saying, "two old Jewish ladies", she not only got booted from the show, but lost her job in real life too...

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 02:09 PM
link   
I don't think it's so easy to draw the line on a specific grouping of people....I think being PC has more to do with the situation at hand - It's an interpretation of the present political atmosphere that "evolves" with time...

Injustices can be forgotten, although not often.....They can be mended - Overblown issues and policies can be corrected - But what does not change, is that far too many people (and especially the media) remain focused on those issues for far too long once they've become "better", or at least gotten down that path, that it stimulates repressed anger...

Then attention spans fade once more and are redirected....

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 02:29 PM
link   
I got one that I think belongs on the list ''Smokers''.

It is SO politically correct to hate smokers now.They are Percieved as evil, perfidous and rude.

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by junglejake
That's my impression of this double standard called "PC". You're allowed to insult, hate, and even kill some groups of people and be heralded as a hero, but say the wrong thing, and you will be attacked, sued, and become public enemy number one.

Groups it's ok to hate:
Men
Whites
Industrialists
Jews
Americans
Christians
The rich
Oil company owners
Real Estate developers
People who eat meat
Christians
Gun owners
Conservatives
People who don't think animals have MORE rights then humans
Cops
Upper class drug abusers
People who condemn lower class drug abusers (apparently when you don't have money, it's a disease. If you do, it's choice
)
(In America) The French (by media PC standards)
Microsoft�
Hunters
Fishermen
Fisherwomen
Anyone who "exploits" a consensual female partner ("one night stand")
Big corporations
Anyone who is prejudiced against another group (unless they're on this list)
Israel
Lawyers (so long as they're not persecuting someone in one of these groups on this list, or defending against the corrupt law enforcement going after a minority who commited a crime)
Rush Limbaugh
Any small business owner who doesn't want the minimum wage law to go up
Tobacco companies
Advertising companies
Ageists
Sexists
Racists
People who believe a military solution is needed sometimes
The lumber industry
Abortion Doctors (kinda)

Well, I could go on, but you get the idea. Make no mistake, I don't support all of the groups listed in that list, I've just noticed watching television, listening to the radio, talking with people and reading books that those are the groups it's OK to hate, even if you have no reason to hate the individual.

So come on, people! What are we waiting for! Come out and share the justified hate!

you are allowed to hate jews in the USA???

wow, if you say things against jews in germany, you can get into prison!
(mind-crimes)

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by curme

Originally posted by Phoenix
Ask anyone on a university campus that is conservative, they can vouch for how much the liberals really care for the 1st amendment - Only when it applies to them and no others.

I imagine that if you ask anyone on a university campus that is liberal, they can vouch for how much the conservatives really care for the 1st amendment - Only when it applies to them and no others.

It is the opposite, in fact, that is the truth. The very existence of "Political Correctness" is the proof. You people are the ones that are trying to control thought and speech - retard = mentally challenged, etc.

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by junglejake
So come on, people! What are we waiting for! Come out and share the justified hate!

Why waste time hating people?

Its too much trouble. If you don't like someone, just ignore 'em and do your thing.

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 02:11 AM
link   
groups it's ok to hate? so now we're not allowed to hate groups, or dislike groups? we're not intitled to opinions. when on the 'anti-christian conspiracy' thread, you were saying how christians weren't allowed to voice their opinions about anything, as they are slammed, and rarely get the chance to free speech. so people aren't also allowed to voice their opinions on certain groups around the world? ...surely you're saying their freedom of speech has gone too far, as it's socially acceptable to dislike certain groups. honestly if someone said they hated fishermen, i'd laugh in there face, because it's an absolutly absurd concept, and the same goes for most of those groups on there. the hypocrisy of it all is that the people that might make light of white people, are the same people who will go buy a car of which the company is owned by a white person, and the car was built by white people in the factory. and people against fishermen, probably don't like the idea of going out there and killing fish, but are happy to go to the supermarket and buy some frozen turkey...

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 06:01 AM
link   
Good thread JJ

I must have missed this thread on the first go round. The "smokers" hit home with me. I don't smoke any more because I can't afford the cost. Smoking out doors at 20 below zero can also be hazardous to my health. Probably someone is saying "Great!" I call it harassing a poor old lady.

When I was a smoker I always tried to be considerate of the non-smokers, children and second hand smoke. Laws were then made where I could not even enjoy my favorite restaurant any more.

My feelings were that non-smokers should be thankful for me buying my smokes and paying for all sorts of good things that benefit them.

Like taxes. Taxes were supposed to be for the medical costs that smokers have. Taxes were supposed to be for the education of children to the harm smoking will do to their bodies. Maybe it started out like that, but only a small % of the monies raised actually went to these projects.

By the end of my smoking career politicians weren't even pretending the reasons for the use of this money. They put the tax on cigarettes because they could, because non-smokers wouldn't complain, and then used this money, stated right up front, to fill the budget gap.

Well, you accomplished your purpose with me. I don't smoke any more. But, I am not blind and I do side with the people who choose to smoke and feel that they are being discriminated against. I don't think it is right, but it certainly is politically correct to hate smokers.

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 08:36 AM
link   
You are both very right. It is politically correct to hate smokers. In my area they are just starting to pass laws and ordinances where you can no longer smoke in public.(this includes bars/pubs) I don't smoke, and no one in my immediate family does, but I have NO problem allowing others to smoke, when and where they want. It doesn't bother me a bit.

But...Pretty soon it'll only be legal to smoke in your house, under a blanket, with all the lights out...Cops will be lined up at the door with search warrants! "We know you have the cigarettes! Come out with your hands in the air!"

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by shaunybaby
groups it's ok to hate? so now we're not allowed to hate groups, or dislike groups?

Hate those you want to hate. If you want to hate puppies because some dogs have fleas, hate puppies. If you want to hate men because your husband was a jerk, hate men. If you want to hate Nazis because of what they stood for, hate Nazis. If you want to hate conservatives because they have a different opinion than you, hate conservatives. Hate whoever you want why ever you want, I don't care. Just don’t be hypocrites about it.

The point of this thread was not to say it wasn't acceptable to hate or dislike groups. The point of this thread was to point out the hypocrisy of the politically correct movement in the western world. This was a list of groups you are allowed to hate and not be demonized, ostracized and demeaned. You can hate and say you'd like to just go up to white people, smack them while yelling at them that they don't understand for your mental health and get away with it. You could even get an interview on CNN. However, you reverse that role, and do that to a black person for being a black person, you're charged with racially motivated aggravated assault, will probably lose your job, and will be loathed by most of society.

The point wasn't to say you can't hate, the point was to say that if you openly hate one of these groups and condemn others for hating a different group, your a flaming hypocrite.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join