It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You better agree with me, because if you don't everyone will hate you.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2004 @ 10:43 AM
link   
That's my impression of this double standard called "PC". You're allowed to insult, hate, and even kill some groups of people and be heralded as a hero, but say the wrong thing, and you will be attacked, sued, and become public enemy number one.

Groups it's ok to hate:
Men
Whites
Industrialists
Jews
Americans
Christians
The rich
Oil company owners
Real Estate developers
People who eat meat
Christians
Gun owners
Conservatives
People who don't think animals have MORE rights then humans
Cops
Upper class drug abusers
People who condemn lower class drug abusers (apparently when you don't have money, it's a disease. If you do, it's choice
)
(In America) The French (by media PC standards)
Microsoft
Hunters
Fishermen
Fisherwomen
Anyone who "exploits" a consensual female partner ("one night stand")
Big corporations
Anyone who is prejudiced against another group (unless they're on this list)
Israel
Lawyers (so long as they're not persecuting someone in one of these groups on this list, or defending against the corrupt law enforcement going after a minority who commited a crime)
Rush Limbaugh
Any small business owner who doesn't want the minimum wage law to go up
Tobacco companies
Advertising companies
Ageists
Sexists
Racists
People who believe a military solution is needed sometimes
The lumber industry
Abortion Doctors (kinda)

Well, I could go on, but you get the idea. Make no mistake, I don't support all of the groups listed in that list, I've just noticed watching television, listening to the radio, talking with people and reading books that those are the groups it's OK to hate, even if you have no reason to hate the individual.

So come on, people! What are we waiting for! Come out and share the justified hate!

posted on May, 16 2004 @ 10:55 AM
link   
I don't understand, JJ. Most of the groups you list are the very ones that if you hate, will get the Dept. of Homeland Security, FBI, CIA, and DIA breathing down your neck.

Since that Juniper Three thing, I'm pretty sure that they've taken a look at my book purchase history, my internet usage, and my op-eds to conservative local papers.

They'll be flex-cuffing and dragging me off any day now, I'm sure...

posted on May, 16 2004 @ 10:55 AM
link   
i see the spirit of your post and i agree 100%.

funny to see the "enlightened" and "tolerant" bashing name calling insulting and basically accusing anyone who doesnt see things the way they do as bigoted, narrow minded, ignorant, etc. and not funny as in hahaha either.

i dont care who hates who or what other people do say or think but they do so acting as if they have moral high ground. if you're as intolerant as the streotypical bigot, arent you pretty much at their level? as much as some of us would love to see certain types of thought and speech outlawed i certainly do not. i despise the klan and everything they stand for but i defend their right to say whatever they want, not to burn crosses or to lynch people but to peacably assemble in a public area and say what they want. people are free to think and say what they want. noone here is truly enlightened, noone is truly free of the ball and chain of ignorance.

it one thing to disagree but defend someone's right to say or think what they want, its quite another matter to bash them, name call insult and degrade them for it.

if anyone want to be hateful i dont care, i'm just not going to play the game with them. life is stressful enough and i know i dont want any more negativity in my life than i have to endure, no sense in creating more for myself if i dont have to or want.

and i LOVE how you posted this in the politics forum. (i expect to see it moved to the mud pit real soon)

this should be a fun topic to watch for the next couple of days...

[Edited on 16-5-2004 by ThePrankMonkey]

posted on May, 16 2004 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Ask anyone on a university campus that is conservative, they can vouch for how much the liberals really care for the 1st amendment - Only when it applies to them and no others.

Great subject for the political forum I hope mods leave it here because it is a real problem in our society.

posted on May, 16 2004 @ 11:24 AM
link   
That's where I got the idea from. A friend of mine is making that political switch that Winston Churchill said was inevitable, and he is shocked by the attacks that are coming his way as he becomes more conservative.

Ironically, they're having the opposite effect on him, because as he gets attacked more and more by the left, he's becoming more and more disgusted with them and moving farther right. lol Gotta love irony

posted on May, 16 2004 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phoenix
Ask anyone on a university campus that is conservative, they can vouch for how much the liberals really care for the 1st amendment - Only when it applies to them and no others.

I imagine that if you ask anyone on a university campus that is liberal, they can vouch for how much the conservatives really care for the 1st amendment - Only when it applies to them and no others.

posted on May, 16 2004 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Pick the one that's different from the pack.

junglejake, by calling Rush Limbaugh a "group" are you just disguising in some PC way that you think he is a fat pig? Are you weightist?

posted on May, 16 2004 @ 11:42 AM
link   
There is too many to choose
i can't make up my mind, i'll take some time out to think

posted on May, 16 2004 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by MaskedAvatar
Pick the one that's different from the pack.

junglejake, by calling Rush Limbaugh a "group" are you just disguising in some PC way that you think he is a fat pig? Are you weightist?

Well, him and his fans. lol (amused by the weightist part...Couldn't think of that word durring my "ist" section, should have also had sizeist, classist, dietist, etc.
)

posted on May, 16 2004 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by curme

I imagine that if you ask anyone on a university campus that is liberal, they can vouch for how much the conservatives really care for the 1st amendment - Only when it applies to them and no others.

That was soooo original curme that I almost found myself admiring your wit - not in a million years!

Thats the BIG difference between Libs/conservatives we'll argue the point hard and vigorously, while you libs resort first to name calling and if that does not work you censor the message you dont want to hear. Its a proven fact that students on campus have been censored when supporting conservative ideals - this you cannot deny.

Campus Censorship

[Edited on 16-5-2004 by Phoenix]

posted on May, 16 2004 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by curme

That was soooo original curme that I almost found myself admiring your wit - not in a million years!

Thats the BIG difference between Libs/conservatives we'll argue the point hard and vigorously, while you libs resort first to name calling and if that does not work you censor the message you dont want to hear. Its a proven fact that students on campus have been censored when supporting conservative ideals - this you cannot deny.

well it appears to me as though he said the same thing you said, just the polar opposite of it.

i wouldnt blame him for that.

i think you both have valid points but look at what both of you have done...perpetuate this "war" between these two groups of indivuals. you both understand "They" want you to act this way right?. far easier to conquer a people when they fight each other rather than fighting you. and it makes it easier to mop up after people like the two of you have done their dirty work.

are we not still americans? are we not still a group of people unhappy with the government and the poltiical system in general? then why the need to fight each other or even argue? its not us thats the problem.

posted on May, 16 2004 @ 12:02 PM
link   
TPM in my mind the "they" you refer to is who exactly?, the gov, university profs, nwo?

My point is that there is a fundamental difference when it comes to the practice of freedom of speech between liberals and conservatives.

Liberals when confronted with clear facts resort to censorship.

Conservatives just get more facts when liberals present theirs

posted on May, 16 2004 @ 12:08 PM
link   

TPM in my mind the "they" you refer to is who exactly?, the gov, university profs, nwo?

politicians, those in power, CEO's, the people who create the rules that dont apply to them but sure apply to us. those who play by a different set of rules than the common man. anywhere you see this kind of person, that is the "they" i am refering to.

My point is that there is a fundamental difference when it comes to the practice of freedom of speech between liberals and conservatives.

Liberals when confronted with clear facts resort to censorship.

Conservatives just get more facts when liberals present theirs

i dont see a difference as i see people on both sides of the spectrum yelling "shut up" at each other more often than they say "ok, we disagree, so what, its a part of life".

the result is the same but two different paths are taken .

reminds me of a small japanese poem.

although there are many paths at the foot on the mountain all those who reach the top see the same moon.

it doesnt exactly fit i know but does apply in its own way.

posted on May, 16 2004 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThePrankMonkey
politicians, those in power, CEO's, the people who create the rules that dont apply to them but sure apply to us. those who play by a different set of rules than the common man.

How very "PC" of you

posted on May, 16 2004 @ 12:16 PM
link   
You forgot....

Smokers
SUV owners

posted on May, 16 2004 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by sosuemetoo
You forgot....

Smokers
SUV owners

lol I left out a lot! There are plenty of groups that it's perfectly ok to hate.

After all, in northern California, it's A-OK by many eco folks to stick a steel spike into a tree and kill a logger with it. Apparently, that's goooood activism...

[Edited on 5-16-2004 by junglejake]

posted on May, 16 2004 @ 12:26 PM
link   
care to prove me wrong? politicians dont pay taxes. they arent held accountable for what they spend our money on. they give themselves raises and its well known to the point of becoming numbing that they lie every chance they get.

they apologize only when they get caught. they never come clean unless someone else is about to rat them out. they dont make a move unless it will fool a few more people into believing their own special brand of tripe.

rare is the politician who acts in OUR best interests instead of their own. rare is the politician who doesnt try to turn every appearance in public as a political maneuver. rare is the politician who GENUINELY extends his hand in the offer to get along and do something good for us.

can you name a politician from the past 30 years who hasnt done these things??? can anyone??? i cant!

how many times have we been duped into believing some polticians claims on what they going to do or want to do but never really disclose exactly how they're going to do it? how many times have you seen a politician explain in detail any plans they have? how many times have polticians told us what we needed to hear, not what we wanted to hear? (i'm dying to see the "honest" answers to this one!)

we know full well that politicians give sweet heart deals to their buddies that run industries and companies. we know that the ceo and the politician are cut from the same cloth, giving themselves more raises, more bonuses, more vacation time...and what do they do? pass the bill onto us and then sit there and expect us to believe they're looking out for us every election year.

in fact not long ago a guy looking to becoming a counselmember of my city in my district came knocking on my door...and immediately i thought "how many times do they do that when its not an election year?"

when was the last time a politician made himself TRULY available to his people?

and these are the same people who want you to fight their wars for them with other people that are just like you, they want the same thing but see a different way of getting to the same goal. and what happens? we believe their bull#, bote them in again and then we complain the next year they arent doing their god damn jobs right!

posted on May, 16 2004 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Hey, make no mistake, I agree. I was just pointing out that that's a group you're allowed to hate and say slanderous things about without having some group come out and demand you appologize.

posted on May, 16 2004 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by junglejake
Hey, make no mistake, I agree. I was just pointing out that that's a group you're allowed to hate and say slanderous things about without having some group come out and demand you appologize.

believe me when i say these things, it is not salndering or defamation of character.

they actually do these things.

i dont hate them per se' but i hate what they do. but i hate even more the fact that people buy into it! yes we do have to vote for the lesser of two evils most of the time but its those who believe everything their "side" tells them without question and then come onto boards like this and bash those who merely disagree with their POV. christ on a cracker, WTF wants to fight for some jackhole who is only lying to you for your vote?

posted on May, 16 2004 @ 01:05 PM
link   
We're talking about two totally different things.

I agree with a lot of what you're saying about politicians, and don't believe it's slanderous.

The point I was making was that it's ok to say slanderous things about the groups in that list I presented at the top, but I forgot politicians in it.

So I was simply using your arguement to make a point of my own, totally unrelated.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join